- The Turkish Airlines Open tees off Thursday, November 7th
- Justin Rose aims for a three-peat at this tournament
- See which golfers have the best value to emerge victorious
Just three weeks remain for the European Tour’s Race to Dubai with leading point getter Bernd Wiesberger holding off Jon Rahm for top spot. The golfers head to Turkey this week to compete at the Montgomerie Maxx Royal Golf Club from November 7th-10th.
While Justin Rose has won two straight editions of this tournament, he did so at a different venue (Regnum Carya Golf Club). With the tournament held at the course they’re playing this week from 2013-15 where Victor Dubuisson won twice and Brooks Koepka also raised the trophy, Rose will look to conquer new turf as neither of those two players are teeing it up for this edition.
2019 Turkish Airlines Open Odds
|Golfer||Odds at MyBookie||Odds at BetOnline|
Odds taken Nov. 4th
Tyrrell Hatton Playing Solid Golf
Tyrrell Hatton has been trending in the right direction with his play of late and the intense Englishmen is showing signs that he’s ready to add to his surprisingly low three European Tour win total. In his last four events Hatton has been inside the top-18 each and every time including just last week at the WGC-HSBC Champions.
Tyrrell Hatton’s Last Four Tournaments
|CJ Cup at Nine Bridges||T-6th|
|Alfred Dunhill Links Championship||T-15th|
Hatton also has had some decent success in his last four trips to this event. He was T-10th and T-16th at this tournament when it was held at the different golf course and he was also T-19th and T-26th when it was played at this venue. While you’re not getting a ton of value wagering on him at +1600 the field isn’t super deep so the 2018 Ryder Cupper is a solid play this week.
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) September 2, 2018
Past Five Turkish Airlines Open Winners
*Last three years were contested at a different golf course
2019 Turkish Airlines Open Best Value Picks
- Danny Willett (+3300): The 2016 Masters champ has found his form after a slump following his green jacket. Winner twice in the last twelve months including in September at the BMW PGA Championship. Solid success at this course with T-4th in 2014 and T-11th in 2015.
- Victor Perez (+4000): Coming off a sensational debut in his World Golf Championships debut last week where the Frenchmen finished in a tie for fourth. Won Alfred Dunhill Links Championship for his maiden Euro Tour victory two months ago.
- Thomas Detry (+5000): In his tournament debut last year finished in a tie for third. T-8th in his last tournament in France. Due to break through for first title sooner rather than later.
- Shubhankhar Sharma (+10000): Two-time tour winner has big time game that is starting to round into form. In his last five tournaments the 23-year-old has three top-21 results. For a boom or bust pick, couldn’t do much better at these odds.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.