- The FedEx St. Jude Championship from Memphis, Tennessee tees off Thursday, August 10th
- Scottie Scheffler is the +650 favorite over Rory McIlroy and Jon Rahm
- See the 2023 FedEx St. Jude Championship odds, picks, and best value bets below
The PGA Tour FedEx Cup Playoffs are upon us and it all tees off in Memphis. It’s the first of a three-leg stretch to determine the FedEx Cup Champion, and it begins with the FedEx St. Jude Championship from TPC Southwind. This is the second consecutive year this has been a playoff event, with it previously being a WGC tourney. Will Zalatoris won a playoff over Sepp Straka in 2022.
Previously, the top-125 began the postseason, with it being whittled down to 70 after the first tourney, followed by 30 for the Tour Championship. Beginning this year, only the top-70 are in Memphis, with the top-50 following the event continuing, concluding with the final 30 golfers at East Lake. FedEx Cup points are quadrupled, making the stakes super high. Rory McIlroy is the defending FedEx Cup Champion, having won it for the third time in his career.
2023 FedEx St. Jude Championship Odds
The betting favorite is Scottie Scheffler at +650. His T-23 showing at the Open Championship broke a remarkable seven-tournament stretch recording top-5 results. He’s followed by three-time FedEx Cup winner Rory McIlroy and 2023 Masters champ Jon Rahm. Patrick Cantlay and Xander Schauffele, both of whom are searching for their first wins this season, round out the top-five.
Viktor Hovland Presents Solid Value
Once you get past the top-five golfers on the betting board, Viktor Hovland’s name is very intriguing as the sixth choice at +2000. He captured the Memorial Tournament a couple of months ago, and has continued playing solid golf. In his last seven times teeing it up, the Norwegian has posted top-30’s on each occasion, with five top-20’s.
Viktor Hovland’s Strokes Gained Stats Last 36 Rounds
That tournament victory at Jack’s place was massive in proving he can emerge victorious against an elite field. Hovland is more than capable of adding another notch to his career resume, and at +2000 he provides excellent value, compared to those with the shorter odds.
Past Five Winners At TPC Southwind
2023 FedEx St. Jude Championship Picks and Value Bets
- Collin Morikawa (+2200): Just two starts ago, Collin Morikawa very nearly got back into the winners circle, as he was runner-up in a playoff at the Rocket Mortgage Classic. In his previous 24 rounds, he ranks fifth in ball striking, and he was fifth at this venue last year.
- Hideki Matsuyama (+3500): In 2021, Hideki Matsuyama had a phenomenal run at the title at this course, when it was a WGC event, ultimately losing in a playoff. In the last twelve rounds at TPC Southwind, he’s second in ball striking and fourth in total strokes gained.
- Sepp Straka (+5000): Sepp Straka very nearly won this tournament last year, dropping a three-hole playoff to Will Zalatoris. He’s also coming in having posted a victory at the John Deere Classic and was runner-up at the Open Championship in July. He’ll be an interesting name in the top 10/20 markets.