- Bryson DeChambeau has a two shot lead over Adam Hadwin after 36 holes at the 3M Open
- DeChambeau is hunting his 6th career PGA Tour win and is a heavy favorite to bring home the title
- See the live updated odds entering Round 3 at the 3M Open.
The golf betting community labeled this week’s 3M Open as the official start of the summer of Bryson DeChambeau, and so far he hasn’t disappointed. The five-time PGA Tour winner fired a course record tying 62 Friday, and holds a two shot lead heading into the weekend in the Twin Cities.
Leaderboard thru 36 holes @3MOpen:
1. @B_DeChambeau -14
2. @AHadwinGolf -12
T3. @ScottPiercyPGA -10
T3. Sam Saunders
T7. @ScottBrownGolf -9
T7. @ArjunAtwal pic.twitter.com/hCwg8Pvi67
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) July 6, 2019
Adam Hadwin followed up an opening round 64 with a 66 in Round 2 to sit alone in second, while Scott Piercy, Sam Saunders, Brian Harman and Sam Burns are all four shots off the pace.
Live 2019 3M Open Odds
|Bryson DeChambeau||1||-14||66, 62||-110|
|Adam Hadwin||2||-12||64, 66||+600|
|Scott Piercy||T-3||-10||62, 70||+1600|
|Sam Saunders||T-3||-10||65, 67||+5000|
|Brian Harman||T-3||-10||65, 67||+2000|
|Sam Burns||T-3||-10||66, 66||+2500|
|Arjun Atwal||T-7||-9||65, 68||+12500|
|Curtis Luck||T-7||-9||68, 65||+8000|
|Scott Brown||T-7||-9||68, 65||+6600|
|Kevin Streelman||T-7||-9||68, 65||+2800|
|Carlos Ortiz||T-11||-8||67, 67||+15000|
|Troy Merritt||T-11||-8||70, 64||+10000|
|Brendan Steele||T-11||-8||66, 68||+8000|
|Charles Howell III||T-11||-8||68, 66||+5000|
|Hideki Matsuyama||T-11||-8||64, 70||+2000|
*Odds taken July 5 at 9pm EST
Top of the Board
DeChambeau was a top-4 favorite before the tournament started, and so far through 36 holes he’s played flawless golf. He’s gained seven strokes tee to green through two rounds and another five strokes with his putter.
In the zone.
• Lowest 36-hole total of his TOUR career (128)
• 4 putts made over 20 feet in Rd. 2 (Personal best)
• Tied career-best birdies (14) thru 36 holes in a TOUR event
• It’s the first time @B_DeChambeau is bogey-free thru the first two rounds on TOUR.#LiveUnderPar pic.twitter.com/DYCv0cJ03f
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) July 5, 2019
He’s played the opening two rounds bogey free for the first time ever in a PGA Tour tournament, and on Friday he averaged 315 yards off the tee and hit 17 of 18 greens. Normally I would be hesitant to bet a favorite after Round 2, but DeChambeau has a history of playing incredible golf for long stretches of time.
✅ 9th birdie today
✅ 4th putt from over 20 feet
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) July 5, 2019
From late last August to the end of February he reeled off nine consecutive top-19 finishes, including three wins. He was in good form coming into this week after finishing eighth at the Travellers, and with three straight positive ball striking performances leading up to the 3M, all signs pointed to a big week. Hopefully you grabbed him pre tournament at 14-1 like so many others, but if you didn’t +100 is a fair price for a proven winner.
Favorite Live Value Picks at the Rocket Mortgage Classic
- Scott Piercy (+1600): He’s one of best scorers in this field, as evident by his opening round 62, and +1600 is simply too long for a player with his ceiling.
- Kevin Streelman (+2800): He’s playing his best golf of the season with three top-6 finishes in his last nine starts. Streelman ranks ninth in ball striking, seventh in approach and third in strokes gained tee to green this week.
- Corey Conners (+8000): He stormed the field at the Valero Texas Open and his game looks like it’s capable of a repeat performance this week. Conners leads the field this week in ball striking and ranks 4th in approach.