- A middleweight scrap headlines Dana White’s Contender Series Week 9
- The main card gets underway on Tuesday at 8:00 pm on ESPN+
- Find the Aliu vs Ferreira odds and picks plus undercard predictions for DWCS Week 9
Dana White’s Contender Series Week 9 pops off on Tuesday, September 20th from Las Vegas, Nevada. With only two weeks left in the season, fans will be clamoring for more UFC action. There’s plenty of reason to tune into this week’s card as both veteran fighters and youthful prospects will hop into the octagon.
A middleweight bout between veteran Italian fighter Leon Aliu and much-hyped Brazilian Brunno Ferreira headlines the card. After going 3-1 during DWCS Week 8, you’ll want to keep reading for all our best wagers on Tuesday night.
As always, Tuesday’s card takes place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas and can be found on ESPN+.
Dana White’s Contender Series Week 9 Odds
|Raul Rosas Jr.
Odds as of September 19th at Draftkings Sportsbook. Claim a Draftkings promo code.
In the opening bout of the night, Jafel Filho at -175 looks like an interesting bet. There’s no value on taking Nurullo Aliev at -610, unless you want to parlay him; that’s a huge number. Brunno Fereira to win the main event at -240 odds could be a surefire bet. As usual, Dana White’s Contender Series Week 9 will be a captivating evening of fights.
Aliu vs Ferreira Odds & Pick
A veteran Italian fighter, Leon Aliu possesses violent hands. He’s fought in multiple promotions across Europe and will be hoping to land himself a UFC contract on Tuesday night. Aliu will look to keep the fight standing and steadily close the distance against his opponent.
— Cage Warriors (@CageWarriors) May 28, 2022
Aliu has racked up 8 stoppage victories thus far in his career, and will surely be looking to make a statement in this one.
Meanwhile, Brunno Ferreira is the number two ranked middleweight in Brazil for a reason. Ferreira has the skillset to finish this fight in any way he chooses. He is the younger, stronger, and quicker fighter. More importantly, he is the far more experienced grappler. Ferreira will undoubtedly look to take this fight to the ground and use his strong Brazilian jiu-jitsu abilities to finish Aliu on Dana White’s Contender Series Week 9.
Ultimately, Ferreira is the real deal. He’s a top prospect and the UFC seems to be giving him a warm-up fight. He has the skills to become a legitimate contender at 185 pounds. Take Brunno Ferreira to win this one.
Pick: Bruno Ferreira to win (-240)
Other Dana White’s Contender Series Week 9 Picks:
- While fighting for a chance at a UFC contract is an amazing achievement, Raul Rosas Jr. is just 17 years old. The moment may prove to be too much, too soon for the teenager. Mando Gutierrez is a game opponent with strong submission skills. You’ll be looking to add his collection of chokes on Tuesday night. Bet Mando Gutierrez to win +125.
- Many should remember the exploits of Austen Lane. The former NFL player lost to fellow NFL vet Greg Hardy on this very show just four years ago. However, Lane has come a long way since that fight and now finds himself on a five fight win streak. He may have a place in the UFC after all. Take Lane to win -165.
- There’s not much value in taking Nurullo Aliev to beat his last minute replacement Josh Wick at -610. That being said we like the idea of parlaying two of our picks for Tuesday night. Betting on both Brunno Ferreira and Nurullo Aliev to win takes the odds down to a much more respectable -156.