You might think pro athletes are somewhat intelligent people. And most are smart, articulate, and funny. But then there are these guys…
15. “The sun has been there for 500, 600 years.” – MLB All-Star Mike Cameron
14. “I made a 1600 minus 800 minus 200 on the SAT, so I’m very intelligent when I speak.” – Shaq
13. “Ball handling and dribbling are my strongest weaknesses.” – Former NBA player David Thompson
12. “I dunno. I’ve never smoked any Astroturf.” – MLB pitcher Tug McGraw on whether he preferred grass or Astroturf.
11. “We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors.” – Basketball player Weldon Drew
10. “It’s a humbling thing being humble.” – Former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett
9. “Left hand, right hand, it doesn’t matter. I’m amphibious.” – former NC State basketball player Charles Shackleford
8. “Don’t say I don’t get along with my teammates. I just don’t get along some of the guys on the team.” – NFL, IFL player Terrell Owens
7. “I’ve won at every level, except college and pro.” – Shaquille O’Neal before his Laker days
6. “Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.” – sportscaster and former NFL quarterback Joe Theismann
5. “My career was sputtering until I did a 360 and got headed in the right direction.” – NBA basketball star Tracy McGrady
4. “We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” – NBA basketball star Jason Kidd
3. “The only thing that keeps this organization from being recognized as one of the finest in baseball is wins and losses at the major league level.” – Former Devil Rays GM Chuck Lamar on his team
2. “I enjoyed the Luge.” – Michael Jordan on his visit to Paris.
2. “Therapy can be a good thing; it can be therapeutic.” – Alex Rodriguez on getting, yep, you guessed it — therapy.
BONUS: “Sure we make a lot of money, but we spend a lot, too.” – Patrick Ewing during the 1988-89 NBA lockout
Get our full list of our top rated sports betting sites and read reviews of our experiences before you drop a Dime!
Make sure the big sportsbook bonus you see advertised is right for you and compare the best bonus offers.
Expand your horizons - learn to bet on a new sport or try an advanced betting option. Check out our free tips...