2022 NHL Eastern and Western Conference Title Odds Tracker
- This page tracked the odds to win the NHL’s Eastern and Western Conference
- The Lightning won the East for a third straight season, while the Avalanche conquered the West
- Looking for this year’s NHL Conference champion odds?
This page monitored each of the 32 NHL teams’ odds to win their conference championship. The page is divided into two sections (East/West). The graphs were generated by averaging the available NHL conference futures odds at legal sportsbooks in the US and Canada at various points during the preseason, regular season, and playoffs.
- [June 9]: A third straight win sent Tampa’s odds to -495, while the Rangers – who now trail 3-2 – have faded to +400.
- [June 6]: Tampa Bay got one back in Game 3 and now the series odds are nearly level with NYR at -140 and the Bolts slight underdogs at +120.
- [June 4]: Up 2-0, NYR is a -260 favorite to win the best-of-seven series with the series shifting to Tampa Bay.
- [June 1]: The Lightning head into the Eastern Conference finals as -182 favorites over the Rangers (+155).
- [May 29]: NYR improved to +442 after extending their series with Carolina to a Game 7.
- [May 27]: The Rangers have faded to +1000 after losing Game 5 to the Hurricanes.
- [May 24]: The Lightning rae now -130 favorites to win the East for the third straight season. After ousting the Panthers in four games, they will be hoping the Hurricanes (+158) and Rangers (+825) play a protracted series.
- [May 22]: The Hurricanes (+128) and Lightning (+143) have become heavy favorites to meet in the Eastern Conference finals, holding 2-0 leads on the Rangers (+1700) and Panthers (+488), respectively.
- [May 15]: Heading into the second round, the Panthers are +168 favorites with the Hurricanes second at +250 and Lightning third at +280.
- [May 10]: The Panthers were two minutes away from falling in a 3-1 hole to the Capitals, but instead they pulled off a 3-2 OT win in Game 4, leading their Eastern Conference odds to improve from +338 to +268. They are once again the favorite. Toronto faded from +313 to +463 after getting routed 7-3 by Tampa in Game 4.
- [May 8]: Down 2-1 to the Capitals in round one, the Panthers have faded to +338. The Leafs are now the favorite at +313 and have a chance to take a commanding 3-1 series lead on the Lightning tonight.
- [May 1]: Florida enters the postseason as sizable favorites to come out of the East, sitting around +250 at most sportsbooks. Their first-round opponent, the Washington Capitals, have the longest odds of the eight playoff teams in the Eastern Conference portion of the bracket.
- [Apr 19]: Following the official eliminations of the Islanders and Blue Jackets, the Eastern Conference is down to its final eight teams. At +300, the Panthers continue to top the field while their likely First Round opponent, the Washington Capitals, sit at +1400.
- [Apr 1]: Though it’s still tight at the top, Florida’s odds to win the Eastern Conference continue to improve, moving from +330 to +275 since the end of February.
- [Feb 23]: The Panthers have jumped the Lightning in the NHL Conference odds, but it’s neck and neck. The Penguins are still in the hunt, sitting at five in the odds list at +725.
- [Feb 3]: The Lightning remain favored, but Florida has edged out Toronto for the second spot. The Panthers odds improved from +463 to +415.
- [Jan 11]: The best team in Florida is back on top. The Lightning are now favored again to win the Eastern Conference. After a small slump from the Panthers, the Lightning have widened the gap in the East.
- [Dec 13]: The Lightning and Leafs are now right behind the Panthers. Over the last two weeks, the Leafs’ odds have improved from +550 to +475.
- [Nov 30]: The Capitals are making headway in the Eastern Conference NHL odds. Washington’s odds over the month of November have improved from +1250 to +725.
- [Nov 11]: The Florida Panthers are now favored to win the Eastern Conference with odds hovering around +450. The Leafs and Lightning’s NHL odds have worsened.
- [Oct 20]: The biggest movers in the Eastern Conference odds a week into the season are the Panthers and Islanders. Florida’s average odds have shortened from +1000 to +750 and New York’s odds have increased from +750 to +850.
- [Oct 8]: The Islanders odds have shrunk four days out of the start of the 2021-22 NHL season. Their average odds have gone from +950 to +750.
- [Sep 22]: With the NHL preseason right around the corner, the Eastern Conference odds have not changed much. The Lightning remain the favorite with their average odds at +330, while the Leafs find themselves as the second favorite at +575.
- [Aug 16]: The reigning back-to-back Stanley Cup champions have opened as the favorites to win the Eastern Conference. The Boston Bruins opened average odds to win the East sit at +650.
Odds to Win the Eastern Conference
|Tampa Bay Lightning||-500|
|New York Rangers||+400|
Odds as of June 10, 2022, at Caesars Sportsbook.
- [June 7]: An epic comeback victory in Game 4 has sent the Colorado Avalanche to their first Stanley Cup finals since 2001.
- [June 4]: A Game 3 victory has given Colorado a 3-0 series lead and the Avalanche are now -4500, while the Oilers coming back at +2200.
- [June 1]: The Avs improved to -457 after a wild 8-6 Game 1 win over the Oilers.
- [May 29]: Colorado enters the Western Conference finals as -247 favorites over Edmonton, on average, with the Oilers at +200.
- [May 27]: Edmonton improved from +400 to +183 after ousting Calgary in five games.
- [May 24]: Up 3-1 on the Blues, the Avalanche are now heavy -215 favorites to win the West. Edmonton, up 2-1 on Calgary, is second at +400.
- [May 22]: After taking a 2-1 lead on the Blues, Colorado improved from -120 to -158. St Louis faded from +800 to +1400.
- [May 15]: After ousting the Kings in a thrilling Game 7, the Oilers have improved to +450 to win the West. Colorado’s odds have shortened even further to -120.
- [May 10]: Colorado is officially the odds-on Western Conference favorite at -103. It helps that every other series is tied at 2-2 (and destined to go at least six games). The Avs will get significantly more rest than the rest of the conference. Calgary improved to +355 after evening its series with Dallas.
- [May 8]: Holding a 3-0 lead over Nashville in the first round, the Avalanche (+110) are almost even-money to win the West. Down 2-1 to Dallas, Calgary has faded to +450 but remains the second-favorite for now.
- [May 1]: The Avalanche will begin the playoffs are big favorites to win the West, as short as +130 at some sportsbooks.
- [Apr 19]: Anaheim, Chicago, and San Jose all fall off the board while Vancouver and Winnipeg, with Western Conference odds respectively sitting at +10000 and +25000, are still holding on with just six games remaining.
- [Apr 1]: The Golden Knights’ odds to capture the Western Conference are the longest they’ve been all season, with some books now offering Vegas at +1000.
- [Feb 23]: The Flames currently have the third best odds to win the West. However, they are ahead of Vegas in the Pacific Division standings, so at +650 I think Calgary is worth a sprinkle for Canada online sports bettors.
- [Feb 3]: The Avalanche remain favored in the Western Conference odds. The Los Angeles Kings have made a big move in the West, going from +5350 to +1950 since early December.
- [Jan 11]: Vegas and Colorado are the top two favorites in the West again. The Wild and Flames’ odds have worsened since the COVID-19 pause.
- [Dec 13]: The Minnesota Wild are now the third betting favorite to win the West. The Avalanche and Golden Knights remain the teams to beat.
- [Nov 30]: It’s a tight race in the Western Conference odds, but the Avalanche are still favored to win. Vegas stays put as the second betting favorite, despite their early season struggles.
- [Nov 10]: The Blues NHL odds to win the West have significantly shortened from +1750 to +1000.
- [Oct 20]: A week into the season and the Oilers are the biggest movers in the Western Conference odds from +1100 to +950, while Vegas’ odds have jumped to +340.
- [Oct 8]: Four days from the 2021-22 NHL season and the Western Conference NHL odds did not budge. Colorado remains the favorite.
- [Sep 22]: Remains a two team race in the Western Conference with the Avalanche and Golden Knights as favorites. The Kraken’s average odds have shortened a touch to +1750.
- [Aug 16]: The Colorado Avalanche and Vegas Golden Knights have opened as the top dogs in the West at +200 and +300 respectively. The newly added Seattle Kraken opened at +1700 odds to win the West.
Odds to Win the Western Conference
|St Louis Blues||OUT|
Odds as of June 4, 2022, at Caesars Sportsbook.