2022 Norris Trophy Odds Tracker
- We tracked the odds to win the 2022 NHL Norris Trophy
- Cale Makar edged out Roman Josi to win the 2022 Norris Trophy
- Looking for the current Norris Trophy odds?
The 2021-22 NHL season featured one of the closest Norris Trophy races in recent memory. Colorado defenseman Cale Makar edged out Nashville blueliner Roman Josi to win his first Norris Trophy as the NHL’s best defenseman.
We tracked the 2022 Norris Trophy odds at sportsbooks all season long. The graphs below illustrate how the odds shifted for the top NHL defensemen throughout the 2021-22 season.
2022 Norris Trophy Top Contenders
- [May 9]: Victor Hedman, Roman Josi, and Cale Makar were announced today as finalists for the 2022 Norris Memorial Trophy. At the end of the regular season, Makar was getting the best average odds to win (-303), ahead of Josi (+250) and Hedman (+1000).
- [Apr 5]: Makar is still the favorite to capture his first Norris Trophy, but Roman Josi has closed the gap considerably. The average odds for the Predators’ captain moved from +1750 to +240 following a March where he recorded points in 13 of 14 games.
- [Mar 10]: Cale Makar is a resounding favorite to win league’s top defenseman. At this point in March, he is the odds-on favorite listed at -286 at Barstool Sportsbook.
- [Feb 7]: The Norris Trophy favorite continues to rise, as Cale Makar’s odds continue to improve. Hedman is now the second betting favorite, ahead of last year’s winner Adam Fox.
- [Jan 13]: Cale Makar can’t stay out of the recent Sportscentre Top 10 with how well he’s been playing. His Norris odds reflect that, as he is now the favorite to win at just less than 2-1 odds.
- [Dec 21]: Adam Fox and Cale Makar are now co-favored to win the Norris Trophy. Makar has 26 points in 23 games, while Fox has 31 points in 30 games. Both defensemen are currently priced at +425 at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- [Dec 2]: Ekblad’s NHL odds continue to improve as does his offensive play. The Panthers’ defenseman leads all defensemen in points, however, Makar is still the favorite with 21 points in 23 games.
- [Oct 22]: Some of the biggest jumps this week in the Norris odds were Jared Spurgeon from +2450 to +2000 and Aaron Ekblad from +1750 to +1550.
- [Oct 4]: Makar’s odds have already started to improve before the season has even started. The Avalanche defenseman’s average odds have dropped to +350, making him an even bigger favorite.
- [July 14]: Cale Makar has opened as the favorite to win the 2022 Norris Trophy. Last year’s winner Adam Fox is listed as the second favorite alongside Victor Hedman at +600.
2022 Norris Trophy Odds
|Cale Makar (Avalanche)||-225|
|Roman Josi (Predators)||+200|
|Victor Hedman (Lightning)||+1100|
|Adam Fox (Rangers)||+5000|
|John Carlson (Capitals)||+8000|
|Devon Toews (Avalanche)||+8000|
|Aaron Ekblad (Panthers)||+10000|
|Miro Heiskanen (Stars)||+10000|
|Charlie McAvoy (Bruins)||+10000|
|Quinn Hughes (Canucks)||+15000|
|Seth Jones (Blackhawks)||+15000|
|Kris Letang (Penguins)||+15000|
|Morgan Rielly (Maple Leafs)||+15000|
|Jaccob Slavin (Hurricanes)||+15000|
|Rasmus Dahlin (Sabres)||+20000|
|Moritz Seider (Red Wings)||+20000|
|MacKenzie Weegar (Panthers)||+20000|
Odds as of April 5th at Barstool Sportsbook App