2022 FIFA World Cup Odds Tracker
- France is the 2018 World Cup Champion; are they the favorites for 2022?
- See how online sports betting sites feel about each countries’ 2022 World Cup chances
- Isolate each team or compare them to others trending in the same direction
With France emerging as the 2018 FIFA World Cup Champions, we can now look ahead to the 2022 tournament in Qatar.
This World Cup will be significant, as it’s the last one that will contain just 32 qualifying nations. The tournament will expand to a 48-team field in 2026.
We will be tracking the odds for all countries right through to the 2022 tournament. The graphs below are generated by averaging the odds from our most trusted online sports betting sites.
- (5/23/19) After reaching the semifinals of the UEFA Nations league, odds for each of Portugal, Switzerland, Netherlands and England have adjusted in their favor
- (7/15/18) After winning the 2018 FIFA World Cup, France has opened as the favorites for the 2022 tournament in Qatar.
- (7/15/18) Online sports betting sites do not believe Croatia, who made it all the way to the 2018 FIFA World Cup Finals, can repeat their success in the 2022 FIFA World Cup, as they opened with +4500 average odds.
- (7/15/18) After surprisingly missing the 2018 FIFA World Cup, Italy and the Netherlands find themselves back among the top contenders for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
World Cup 2022 Odds at Bovada
|Country||Odds to Win 2022 World Cup at Bovada|
*Odds taken May 23, 2019
Countries with the Most World Cup Appearances
- Notable absentees from the 2018 World Cup included Italy (tied for the second-most World Cup championships), the Netherlands (10 appearances), and the USA (10 appearances)
Odds for Previous Winners
|Country||# of World Cups||Years Won|
|Brazil||5||1958, 1962, 1970, 1994, 2002|
|Italy||4||1934, 1938, 1982, 2006|
|Germany||4||1954, 1974, 1990, 2014|
FIFA World Cup Betting Trends
- A European nation has won the past four World Cups, and five of the last six – Brazil being the only non-European country to win
- France has won two of the last seven tournaments, making them the only country to win multiple World Cups in that span
- The last nation to win the World Cup as the host was France in 1998
- The host country has won six of the 20 World Cups
- European and South American nations have won each of the last 11 World Cups
Archived FIFA World Cup Odds: 2018