2024 College Football Championship Odds: Georgia Favored Over Michigan, Ohio State
- Track the College Football Championship odds for every contending NCAA football program
- Georgia is favored over Michigan, Florida State, Ohio State, and Texas in the 2024 CFP National Championship odds after Week 4
- The graphs below show the movement in the NCAAF Championship odds, starting the day after last season’s title game
This page tracks the 2024 college football championship odds, distilling an average from the futures at major online sports betting sites.
Oddsmakers are calling for a three-peat in 2023-24, as back-to-back winner Georgia has +225 odds to win the national title. The top-five favorites also include Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State and Florida State.
The graphs below display the latest movement in the NCAAF Championship odds. Further below, finds analysis on the top contenders.
National Championship Favorites
Georgia opened as the +275 favorite to win the National Championship in 2023-24, with Alabama and Ohio State rounding out the top-three favorites. Over the course of the offseason, the Bulldogs’ CFP Title odds have shortened even further, currently sitting at +225.
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
BET $5 ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL & GET $200 INSTANTLY + UP TO $150 IN NO SWEAT BETS!
- CAESARS SPORTSBOOK
GET UP TO $1,000 BACK - ON CAESARS!
- FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK
BET $5 & GET $200 INSTANTLY!
- BETMGM SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET OFFER: UP TO $1,500 PAID BACK
- POINTSBET SPORTSBOOK
GET TEN 2ND CHANCE BETS UP TO $100 EACH!
While Georgia has held steady atop the College Football Championship odds, there has been movement further down the board. The Florida State Seminoles are now a top-five National Championship favorite at +1100 odds after opening as +2250 longshots.
2024 NCAAF Championship Odds
Odds as of September 24th, 2023, at DraftKings Sportsbook. Claim the DraftKings promo code to bet on the CFP champion.
- Sep 5: Florida State is now a top-five favorite in the CFP National Title odds following its Week 1 win over LSU. The Seminoles’ odds shortened from +2150 to +1100 — a huge swing that may have been further boosted by Clemson losing to Duke on Monday.
- Sep 2: Colorado’s National Championship odds improved from +20000 to +10000 at DraftKings following their Week 1 upset win over TCU, although FanDuel still lists the Buffs as +30000 longshots.
- Jul 11: LSU’s odds to win the National Championship have steadily improved throughout the offseason. After opening around +2000 back in January, the Tigers are now sitting at +1200.
- May 1: Georgia’s odds have shortened slightly to +245 as hype builds around a possible three-peat for Kirby Smart’s program. Michigan, meanwhile, has faded from +800 to +1020.
- Jan 10: Georgia has opened as the heavy favorite to three-peat in the National Championship odds (+275), with Alabama a distant second at +550 and Ohio State third at +750.
2024 CFP Championship Public Betting Splits
DraftKings Sportsbook released CFP Championship public money data for the 2023-24 college football season following Week 1. Deion Sanders’ Colorado Buffaloes as +10000 longshot odds are receiving the most money to win the National Title (21%), although FSU (17%) and Michigan (11%) are close behind.
Colorado’s win total opened at just 3.5 this season, but the CFP Championship betting splits show that the public is putting their faith in Deion turning this program around. Right now, a simple $10 wager on Colorado to win the CFP at DraftKings would return $1,000 if the Buffs were to accomplish the near-impossible.
Past College Football Championship Winners (CFP Era)
With consecutive titles in 2021 and 2022, Georgia is the only repeat winner of the College Football Championship in the CFP era (2014-present). Alabama leads the way with three national championships since the College Football Playoff was implemented.
Although TCU didn’t win the National Championship, they are arguably the top underdog story of the CFP era thus far. Sonny Dykes’ team opened as a +20000 longshot (0.5% implied probability) to win the National Title in 2023 and came one victory away from doing the improbable.
College Football Playoff Appearances & Records
|Team||# of CFP Appearances||CFP Record||# of National Titles|
Table updated through 2023-24 CFP.
There are only six teams who have won a game in the College Football Playoffs, and both Alabama and Clemson have more CFP wins than the others combined. These two schools have simply dominated the CFP era.
No Independent or team from a Group 5 Conference has ever won a national championship in this time. Only one Group of 5 team (2021 Cincinnati) has even made the CFB Playoff since its inception in 2014. See the current odds to make the College Football Playoff in our tracker.
Active Coaches with National Championships
|Coach (Current Team)||Number of National Titles|
|Nick Saban (Alabama)||7|
|Dabo Swinney (Clemson)||2|
|Kirby Smart (Georgia)||2|
|Jimbo Fisher (Texas A&M)||1|
|Les Miles (Kansas)||1|
|Mack Brown (North Carolina)||1|
There are only six active college football coaches with national championship rings. Alabama head coach Nick Saban has twice as many CFB Championships (7) as any other active college football coach.
Georgia head coach Kirby Smart can pull into second place on the list of active college football coaches with national championships if he achieves the three-peat with his Bulldogs.
College Football Championship Odds FAQ
Which teams are the favorites to win the College Football Championship?
Georgia currently has the best odds to win the College Football Championship. With +220 CFP Title odds, Georgia has 32% implied probability to three-peat as champions.
Can I bet on College Football Championship odds?
Yes, the College Football National Championship odds are available to be wagered on. Our top recommended sportsbooks for betting CFP odds are DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM and Caesars.
When is the 2023-24 College Football Playoff?
The 2023-24 College Football Playoff begins December 31st (New Year's Eve) with two semifinal games. The national title game is scheduled for Janaury 8th, 2024.
Where is the 2024 CFP Championship game being played?
The 2024 CFP Championship game is being played at NRG Stadium in Houston.
Who is the last college football team to win three straight national championships?
The last team to win three straight national titles was Minnesota from 1934 to 1936.