2020 Kentucky Derby Odds Tracker
- Track the average odds for the most talked-about horses competing at the 2020 Kentucky Derby
- Authentic was the 2020 Kentucky Derby winner
- Looking for current Kentucky Derby odds?
The 146th running of the Kentucky Derby is scheduled to take place at historic Churchill Downs in Louisville on Saturday, September 5, 2020 after being delayed from May 2 due to the coronavirus. We’ve been tracking the odds for every fleet-footed thoroughbred since they became available. The main graph on this page has been generated by calculating the average from many of the most trusted sportsbooks.
Kentucky Derby Top Contenders
- [9/5/20] Authentic won the 2020 Kentucky Derby on September 5
- [9/1/20] Odds have shortened to -163 on Tiz The Law after Art Collector, a top contender has withdrawn with a foot injury. Odds have also shortened on Honor AP and Authentic
- [8/31/20] Just days to go until the Derby and Art Collector’s average odds have shortened from +1000 to +550 from Aug 17 to Aug 31
- [8/17/20] With all the prep races now complete, a few new horses are now among the contenders, including Kiss Today Goodbye (+2500) and Caracaro (+2867)
- [8/4/20] Odds have shortened on Thousand Words, down to +2233 from +4700 last month
- [7/20/20] Art Collector has is now 8-1 odds and a top-three contender after winning this weekend’s Blue Grass Stakes
- [6/23/20] After winning the Belmont Stakes, Tiz The Law is about an even-money favorite for the Derby with odds between -125 and +125 depending on the sportsbook
- [6/10/20] There’s been a shakeup of the odds up top with both Charlatan and Maxfield being forced to withdraw from the race. Honor AP has seen plenty of action with his odds shortening from +2050 to +450 since May
- [5/4/20] With a commanding win this weekend’s Arkansas Derby, Charlatan is now favored at 4-1 odds to win September’s Kentucky Derby
- [3/20/20] After the postponement of the Derby due to coronavirus this week, several new horses have emerged as top contenders to win, including Charlatan, who is now co-favored at +700 with Authentic
- [2/6/20] Plenty of new horses emerging among the contenders in this most recent odds update with horses like Nadal and Thousand Words coming in at less than 20-1 odds, while Tiz The Law has shortened from 16-1 to 10-1 and Honor A P from 25-1 to 17-1
- [12/5/19] Only weeks since our last update and Independence Hall has already shortened from 18-1 to 14-1
- [11/18/19] Dennis Moment and Tis the Law are early 14-1 favorites
2020 Kentucky Derby Odds
|Tiz The Law||-150|
|Storm The Court||+3300|
|Finnick the Fierce||+6600|
|Mr. Big News||+10000|
Odds taken Sept 4
— Horse Racing Nation (@HR_Nation) September 1, 2020
Past 10 Kentucky Derby Winners
|2010||Super Saver||Calvin Borel||Todd Pletcher|
|2011||Animal Kingdom||John Velazquez||H Graham Motion|
|2012||I’ll Have Another||Mario Gutierrez||Doug O’Neill|
|2013||Orb||Joel Rosario||Claude R McGaughey III|
|2014||California Chrome||Victor Espinoza||Art Sherman|
|2015||American Pharoah||Victor Espinoza||Bob Baffert|
|2016||Nyquist||Mario Gutierrez||Doug F O’Neill|
|2017||Always Dreaming||John Velazquez||Todd Pletcher|
|2018||Justify||Mike E Smith||Bob Baffert|
|2019||Country House||Flavien Prat||William I. Mott|
2019 saw Country House win the Kentucky Derby in sloppy conditions after Maximum Security was the first horse in 145 years to be disqualified after initially winning the race. In 2018 Justify became just the 13th winner of the American Triple Crown after finishing first at the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes.
Trainers with the Most Kentucky Derby Wins
Will 2020 be the year that Bob Baffert catches up with Ben A Jones? The Arizona-born trainer has compiled over 2,800 career wins, including five Kentucky Derbies from 1997 to 2018.
Last year both trainer Bill Mott and jockey Flavien Prat won their first Kentucky Derbies.
Jockeys with the Most Kentucky Derby Wins
Eddie Arcaro and Bill Hartack were both under 5’5″, but they remain true giants in the world of horse racing, having won five Kentucky Derbies each. The pair are enshrined in the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs.
Archived Kentucky Derby Odds: 2019