2020 Kentucky Derby Odds Tracker
- Track the average odds for the most talked-about horses competing at the 2020 Kentucky Derby
- See which thoroughbreds have won the Derby in years past
- View which trainers and jockeys have had the most success at Churchill Downs
The 146th running of the Kentucky Derby is scheduled to take place at historic Churchill Downs in Louisville on Saturday, September 5, 202 after being delayed from May 2 due to the coronavirus. We’ve been tracking the odds for every fleet-footed thoroughbred since they became available. The main graph on this page has been generated by calculating the average from many of our most trusted sportsbooks.
Kentucky Derby Top Contenders
- [3/20/20] After the postponement of the Derby due to coronavirus this week, several new horses have emerged as top contenders to win, including Charlatan, who is now co-favored at +700 with Authentic
- [2/6/20] Plenty of new horses emerging among the contenders in this most recent odds update with horses like Nadal and Thousand Words coming in at less than 20-1 odds, while Tiz The Law has shortened from 16-1 to 10-1 and Honor A P from 25-1 to 17-1
- [12/5/19] Only weeks since our last update and Independence Hall has already shortened from 18-1 to 14-1
- [11/18/19] Dennis Moment and Tis the Law are early 14-1 favorites
2020 Kentucky Derby Odds
|Horse||Odds at BetOnline|
|Tiz The Law||+800|
Odds taken Mar. 20. For all horses visit BetOnline
Past 10 Kentucky Derby Winners
|2010||Super Saver||Calvin Borel||Todd Pletcher|
|2011||Animal Kingdom||John Velazquez||H Graham Motion|
|2012||I’ll Have Another||Mario Gutierrez||Doug O’Neill|
|2013||Orb||Joel Rosario||Claude R McGaughey III|
|2014||California Chrome||Victor Espinoza||Art Sherman|
|2015||American Pharoah||Victor Espinoza||Bob Baffert|
|2016||Nyquist||Mario Gutierrez||Doug F O’Neill|
|2017||Always Dreaming||John Velazquez||Todd Pletcher|
|2018||Justify||Mike E Smith||Bob Baffert|
|2019||Country House||Flavien Prat||William I. Mott|
2019 saw Country House win the Kentucky Derby in sloppy conditions after Maximum Security was the first horse in 145 years to be disqualified after initially winning the race. In 2018 Justify became just the 13th winner of the American Triple Crown after finishing first at the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes.
Trainers with the Most Kentucky Derby Wins
Will 2020 be the year that Bob Baffert catches up with Ben A Jones? The Arizona-born trainer has compiled over 2,800 career wins, including five Kentucky Derbies from 1997 to 2018.
Last year both trainer Bill Mott and jockey Flavien Prat won their first Kentucky Derbies.
Jockeys with the Most Kentucky Derby Wins
Eddie Arcaro and Bill Hartack were both under 5’5″, but they remain true giants in the world of horse racing, having won five Kentucky Derbies each. The pair are enshrined in the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs.
Archived Kentucky Derby Odds: 2019
This article may contain links to external sports betting services. SBD may receive advertising revenue from these links, however editorial has hand-picked each individual link based on relevance to the article, without influence on the coverage.