2021 Kentucky Derby Odds Tracker
- Track the average odds for the most talked-about horses competing at the 2021 Kentucky Derby
- After the Breeders Cup, it’s Essential Quality listed as the 2021 Derby favorite
- View which trainers and jockeys have had the most success at Churchill Downs
The 147th running of the Kentucky Derby is scheduled to take place at historic Churchill Downs in Louisville on Saturday, May 1, 2021. We’re tracking the odds for every fleet-footed thoroughbred since they became available. The main graph on this page has been generated by calculating the average from many of the most trusted sportsbooks.
Kentucky Derby Top Contenders
- [1/21/21] Life Is Good +1200 and Concert Tour +1400 have now entered the conversation in the top three favorites
- [11/9/20] Essential Quality won the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile and has seen his odds shorten from +3000 to +1200
- [10/14/20] The early odds favor Jackie’s Warrior at 18-1 odds to win the 2021 Kentucky Derby, after quickly shortening from an open of +3000
2021 Kentucky Derby Odds
|Life Is Good||+1200|
|Hot Rod Charlie||+2500|
|Va Va Vegas||+3300|
|Editor In Chief||+4000|
Odds from Jan 21
Past 10 Kentucky Derby Winners
|2011||Animal Kingdom||John Velazquez||H Graham Motion|
|2012||I’ll Have Another||Mario Gutierrez||Doug O’Neill|
|2013||Orb||Joel Rosario||Claude R McGaughey III|
|2014||California Chrome||Victor Espinoza||Art Sherman|
|2015||American Pharoah||Victor Espinoza||Bob Baffert|
|2016||Nyquist||Mario Gutierrez||Doug F O’Neill|
|2017||Always Dreaming||John Velazquez||Todd Pletcher|
|2018||Justify||Mike E Smith||Bob Baffert|
|2019||Country House||Flavien Prat||William I. Mott|
|2020||Authentic||J.R. Velazquez||Bob Baffert|
After a long delay due to the coronavirus, the 2020 Derby was finally run on September 5 and saw Authentic come out on top with a winning race time of 2:00.61. Authentic was not even listed in the early odds in the fall of 2019 but did first come up in the odds in February 2020 around +1600.
Trainers with the Most Kentucky Derby Wins
With Authentic’s win, it brought trainer Bob Baffert into an all-time tie with Ben A. Jones for most Derby wins by a trainer at six. It was Baffert’s second win in three years, last winning with Justify in 2018.
Jockeys with the Most Kentucky Derby Wins
Eddie Arcaro and Bill Hartack were both under 5’5″, but they remain true giants in the world of horse racing, having won five Kentucky Derbies each. The pair are enshrined in the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs. Riding Authentic in 2020, jockey John Velazquez has entered the conversation as one of the best of all-time himself, tied with several other jockeys with three wins. He’s won twice in the past four years and sits only behind Arcaro and Hartack, as well as Bill Shoemaker (4 wins) for the most jockey wins.