2020-21 NBA Most Improved Player Odds Tracker
- Which players are in the running win Most Improved Player this season?
- Julius Randle has become the odds-on favorite as he powers the Knicks run to playoff contention
- Track how the odds fluctuate throughout the 2020-21 NBA season
We’ve been tracking the odds to win the 2021 NBA Most Improved Player all year long and have included the data below. The main graph on this page has been generated by calculating the average from many of our most trusted sportsbooks.
2020-21 NBA Most Improved Player Odds
- [April 15] With his improved play and Jamal Murray’s injury, Michael Porter Jr. odds have jumped significantly, shortening to +1800 on average
- [April 8] Only a small move in the top contenders for Most Improved this week, as Zion Williamson saw his odds slightly shorten to +2400 from +2500
- [April 1] This is still a tight race, but Randle remains the odds-on favorite at an average of -155
- [March 24] Randle’s ascent is finally complete, as he is now the favorite at average odds of -121, while Jerami Grant has seen his price fade slightly to +118
- [March 16] Julius Randle nearly led the Knicks to an upset of the Nets on Tuesday night, and his average odds to win MIP continue to shorten, now at an average of +250
- [March 9] Randle’s odds have flattened some, while Grant is now a -230 favorite
- [March 3] The Knicks are .500, Julius Randle is an All-Star and Tom Thibodeau has NY abuzz. Randle’s MIP odds have followed suit, jumping Jaylen Brown and shorting to an average of +700
- [February 24] Fresh off an All-Star nomination, Julius Randle has also burst into the top five for Most Improved, now at odds of +2500. Grant remains the favorite.
- [February 16] Grant is now the odds-on favorite, and with Blake Griffin sitting out until he is dealt, Detroit’s offence should run purely through Grant in the foreseeable future
- [February 10] With Christian Wood back on the shelf due to an ankle injury, Jerami Grant is now the favorite at average odds of +100
- [February 4] Jerami Grant’s odds continue to shorten as he drives the bus for the Pistons averaging 23.7 PPG in Detroit – he’s at a price of +160. The Rockets are also running hot after the Harden trade, and Wood remains in pole position at odds of +138
- [January 19] With James Harden gone, Christian Wood is now the odds-on favorite, while Jerami Grant has improved to top contender with his expanded role on the Pistons, now at odds of +310
- [January 6] Christian Wood has broken out for the Houston Rockets, averaging 23.6 PPG and 10 RPG after signing his RFA deal with them this past offseason. His odds have shortened all the way down to +180 after opening at +3000
- [November 26] Denver’s tandom of Jamal Murray and Michael Porter Jr. have opened as favorites to win Most Improved Player this season.
2021 NBA Most Improved Player Odds
|Player||Odds at DraftKings|
|Michael Porter Jr.||+2000|
Odds as of April 15th
Most Improved Player has been a launchpad to stardom for most of its winners, which NBAer can win this year and make the leap going forward?
Past 10 NBA Most Improved Player Award Winnders
|2020||Brandon Ingram||New Orleans Pelicans|
|2019||Pascal Siakam||Toronto Raptors|
|2018||Victor Oladipo||Indiana Pacers|
|2017||Giannis Antetokounmpo||Milwaukee Bucks|
|2016||CJ McCollum||Portland Trail Blazers|
|2015||Jimmy Butler||Chicago Bulls|
|2014||Goran Dragic||Phoenix Suns|
|2013||Paul George||Indiana Pacers|
|2012||Ryan Anderson||Orlando Magic|
|2011||Kevin Love||Minnesota Timberwolves|