- The Valero Texas Open tees off April 4th
- Last chance for the players to tune up before the Masters tees off April 11th
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious
The final tournament before the seasons first major is upon us as an admittedly weak field tees it up at the Valero Texas Open on April 4th.
This is, however, the last chance for players to figure out their lost game (Jordan Spieth anyone?), or sharpen up with their sights set on adding a green jacket to their closet next weekend at the Masters.
2019 Valero Texas Open Odds
|Golfer||Odds to Win Valero Texas Open at BetOnline||Odds at Bovada|
|Byeong Hun An||+3300||+3300|
*Odds taken 04/01/19. Follow the link in the table above to see all options.
Jhonattan Vegas Ready for 4th Career PGA Tour Title
Affectionately known as Jonny Vegas, the big fella from Venezuela has been sniffing the top of PGA Tour leaderboards for the better part of two months, most notably a tie for third at the Players Championship.
Double wow, Jonny Vegas pic.twitter.com/6YYvCzOUyx
— Iain Carter (@iaincartergolf) March 17, 2019
At +4000 this week, Vegas presents tremendous value for a golfer that has been playing very well of late – first round leader at Honda Classic.
He also has been striking the ball brilliantly, ranking 10th in strokes-gained off the tee this season, which bodes well with TPC San Antonio being demanding off the tee.
— PGA TOUR Communications (@PGATOURComms) March 28, 2019
Jhonattan Vegas’ Last Six Tournament Results
|Corales Puntacana Championship||T-26th|
|The Players Championship||T-3rd|
|Arnold Palmer Invitational||T-23rd|
|The Honda Classic||T-16th|
|Waste Management Phoenix Open||T-10th|
Vegas currently ranks a very respectable 54th on the FedEx Cup points list, so jumping on him this week competing against a suspect field is the prudent play.
Last 5 Valero Texas Open Winners
2019 Valero Texas Open Best Value Picks
- JB Holmes (+5500): Won the Genesis Open in February and also has five other top-26 finishes this season. T-13th here in 2016. 18th in FedEx Cup points.
- Joel Dahmen (+6600): First round leader at Valspar Championship a part of a strong stretch of recent play. T-12th at both the Players Championship and Corales Puntacana Championship. Also T-9th at Farmers Insurance Open earlier in year.
- Austin Cook (+8000): T-9th in last event, the Valspar. Boom or bust player this season with two other top-13 showings, but not much else to speak of. Solid T-30th in Valero Texas Open debut in 2018.
- Scott Stallings (+11000): Tied for ninth at Valspar in last event and also strong third place result at Pebble Beach. 26th in strokes gained approach-the-green this season. His best two times around TPC San Antonio were T-11th and T-13th placings.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.