The American Express PGA Odds, Predictions & Picks
- The American Express tees off Thursday, January 19th
- Jon Rahm is the +700 favorite over Scottie Scheffler and Patrick Cantlay
- Below, see the American Express odds to win, plus picks and the best-value bets
After the first two events of 2023 were played in Hawaii, the PGA Tour returns to the mainland for the American Express. Si Woo Kim won his fourth PGA Tour event at the Sony Open in Hawaii, and he’s also a past champ here, having taken it in 2021.
There will be three courses being used for this event, with the PGA West Stadium Course, PGA West Nicklaus Tournament Course and La Quinta Country Club in the rotation. After three rounds, the top-65 and ties will play the Stadium Course once again. Going low is imperative for success at this birdie fest tournament, with the last 15 champions shooting at least 20 under-par en route to the title.
2023 The American Express Odds
|Si Woo Kim||+4500|
Odds as of January 16th at DraftKings Sportsbook. Claim a DraftKings Sportsbook promo code to make your The American Express bets
Five of the top-ten golfers in the world are competing, with Scottie Scheffler the highest ranked at #2. Jon Rahm has won three of his last five worldwide starts, including the Sentry Tournament of Champions two weeks ago. The other three top-ten golfers are Patrick Cantlay, Xander Schauffele and Will Zalatoris.
$1,000 BACKBET NOW
Tom Kim Presents Solid Value
20-year-old Tom Kim has taken the golf world by storm, having won two PGA Tour events last year in a four-event stretch (Wyndham Championship, Shriners Children’s Open). He’s coming off an uncharacteristic missed cut at the Sony Open, which caused his odds to jump to +2200 this week (from +1200 at the Sony Open).
Tom Kim’s Strokes Gained Stats Last 24 Rounds
|Tee-To-Green||Approach||Ball Striking||Total||Short Game||Putting|
Before the missed cut, Kim was inside the top-25 in nine of his previous ten starts, which makes it easier to conclude the poor play was an aberration. Included in that stretch of ten tournaments was six top-10s, with three in a row before the stumble. At +2200, Kim presents solid value in the outright markets.
Past Five The American Express Winners
|2021||Si Woo Kim|
2023 The American Express Picks and Value Bets
- Cameron Young (+2500): Last season’s Rookie of the Year keeps knocking on the door for his first victory, and it’s only a matter of time that it happens. Young had five runner-ups and two third-place showings in the campaign. He’s fifth in SG: off the tee and eighth in ball striking in the last 24 rounds.
- Adam Hadwin (+6500): Could Adam Hadwin make it a hat-trick of Canadian golfers winning this season, following Mackenzie Hughes and Adam Svensson? From 2016-19, Hadwin absolutely dominated this tournament, despite not taking the trophy. In that span, he went T-6th, 2nd, T-3rd, and T-2nd with a round of 59 in 2017. Hadwin has posted two top-10’s in his last four overall starts.
- Joel Dahmen (+9000): Joel Dahmen finished 2022 in style, racking up three straight top-10 results to end the campaign, including a tie for third in Mexico. In the last 24 rounds on tour, he’s tops in total strokes gained. He’ll be an interesting name to consider in the top 5/10/20 markets.
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
GET $1,050 IN BONUSES!
- CAESARS SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET ON CAESARS UP TO $1,250 + 1,000 TIER CREDITS AND 1,000 REWARD CREDITS®
- FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK
NO SWEAT FIRST BET UP TO $1,000!
- BETMGM SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET OFFER: UP TO $1,000 PAID BACK