Sony Open Odds, Predictions & Picks
- The Sony Open from Honolulu, Hawaii tees off Thursday, January 12th
- Tom Kim is the +1200 favorite over Sungjae Im and Jordan Spieth to win outright
- Below, see the Sony Open odds to win, plus picks and the best-value bets
The first full-field PGA Tour event of 2023 sees the world’s best move from the Sentry TOC to Waialae Country Club for the Sony Open. Collin Morikawa seemingly had the Sentry Tournament of Champions easily won, but he blew a six-shot 54-hole lead to surrender the title to Jon Rahm.
This par-70 layout in Honolulu, Hawaii often produces no shortage of drama, with three of the last five iterations being decided in a playoff. That includes last year, where Hideki Matsuyama stormed back on the back-nine to defeat Russell Henley in extra holes. Matsuyama hit an exquisite 3-wood shot to just a few feet to seal the victory. He’s back to defend his title, as the fourth choice with +1800 odds.
2023 Sony Open in Hawaii Odds
|Si Woo Kim||+3500|
Odds as of January 9th at DraftKings Sportsbook. Claim a DraftKings Sportsbook promo code to make your Sony Open bets
Tom Kim, who won twice in a four-tournament stretch towards the end of 2022, is the +1200 favorite over Sungjae Im to win the title. Jordan Spieth is +1600, and he’s playing this event for the first time since 2019. Hideki Matsuyama rounds out the top-four, as he’s looking to become the first golfer since Jimmy Walker (2014-15), to win back-to-back Sony Opens.
$1,000 BACKBET NOW
Taylor Montgomery Starting Season Strong
Taylor Montgomery had a scorching hot final eight Korn Ferry Tour events, racking up seven top-10s last May through August. He then earned his way to the PGA Tour, and in his rookie campaign, he was not disappointed at all. In seven tournaments, the 27-year-old accumulated six top-15’s.
Taylor Montgomery’s Seven PGA Tour Results This Season
|Sanderson Farms Championship||T-9th|
|Shriners Children’s Open||T-15th|
|World Wide Technology Championship||T-10th|
In his last 24 rounds on the PGA Tour, Montgomery ranks first in both strokes gained: short game and putting. He’s also third in total strokes gained. He’s 23rd in birdie average for the season, and at +2500, sports good value to win in the outright markets.
Past Five Sony Open Winners
2023 Sony Open Picks and Value Bets
- Maverick McNealy (+3500): It’s only a matter of time that uber-talented Maverick McNealy picks up his maiden PGA Tour victory, with to date, a pair of runner-ups. In the last 24 rounds on tour, he’s second in strokes gained: putting, fourth in short game and sixth in total strokes gained. His last five tournaments of 2022 saw him finish no worse than 27th (with four top-20’s). He’s fourth in SG: putting on the campaign, and fifth in scoring average.
- Alex Smalley (+6000): Alex Smalley had a great finish to 2022, with results of T-11th (Bermuda Championship), T-4th (Houston Open) and T-5th (RSM Classic). In those twelve rounds, he was tops in total strokes gained. He had five total top-10’s in 2022, his rookie PGA Tour season.
- Brendan Steele (+8000): Brendan Steele will be an interesting play in the top 5/10/20 markets this week. Before a missed cut at this tourney last year, he finished runner-up at the Sony Open in 2020 (in a playoff), then was the 54-hole leader again in 2021, where he eventually finished T-4th. He gained over ten shots tee-to-green and putting against the field in that span. He’s coming off a top-20 in the last tournament he finished in 2022 at the CJ Cup.
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
GET $1,050 IN BONUSES!
- CAESARS SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET ON CAESARS UP TO $1,250 + 1,000 TIER CREDITS AND 1,000 REWARD CREDITS®
- FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK
NO SWEAT FIRST BET UP TO $1,000!
- BETMGM SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET OFFER: UP TO $1,000 PAID BACK