Sentry Tournament of Champions Odds, Predictions & Picks
- The exclusive Sentry Tournament of Champions tees off Thursday, January 5th
- Jon Rahm is the +600 favorite over Scottie Scheffler and Xander Schauffele
- Below, see the Sentry Tournament of Champions odds to win, plus picks and the best-value bets
The first PGA Tour event of 2023 heads to Maui, Hawaii for the Sentry Tournament of Champions. It’s a fantastic field, with 17 of the top-20 players in the world competing (Rory McIlroy, Cameron Smith and Shane Lowry aren’t teeing it up). In the past, only winners from the previous season were invited to this tourney. Now, winners and any players who were in the top-30 of the final FedEx Cup points list last year are exempt. The field consists of 39 golfers.
Last year, Cameron Smith (not playing because he’s at LIV golf) set a tournament record, shooting a blistering 34-under-par total to defeat Jon Rahm by a stroke. Should it not be windy, the Kapalua Plantation Course, which is the only par-73 on the PGA Tour, ends up being defenseless. Seven of the last eight champions have all shot at least 20-under-par en route to the title.
2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions Odds
Odds as of January 2nd at DraftKings Sportsbook. Claim a DraftKings Sportsbook promo code to make your Sentry Tournament of Champions bets
Jon Rahm is the +600 favorite to emerge victorious after he nearly won it last year, finishing runner-up. Scottie Scheffler and Xander Schauffele are priced at +1000 to claim the first title of 2023.
$1,000 BACKBET NOW
Patrick Cantlay A Strong Contender
It’s hardly a surprise to see Patrick Cantlay among the favorites this week, but at +1100 odds, there are three golfers with a shorter price than him. In his last ten tournaments, he’s racked up top-10’s on six occasions, to go along with nine top-20’s (including a win at the BMW Championship). In his last twelve rounds at this track, he’s posted some impressive ‘strokes gained’ numbers.
Patrick Cantlay’s Strokes Gained Stats In Last 12 Rounds at Kapalua Plantation
|Putting||Short Game||Total||Approach||Tee-To-Green||Ball Striking|
In four appearances at the TOC, Cantlay was T-15 in 2018, 4th in 2020, T-13 in 2021 and last year, was fourth again. With five victories in the last two seasons, Cantlay is absolutely someone worth monitoring this week. He was also third best last season (of those teeing it up), in birdie average, which is critical for success at this venue.
Past Five Sentry Tournament Of Champions Winners
2023 Sentry Tournament of Champions Picks and Value Bets
- Collin Morikawa (+1800): Collin Morikawa has found himself on the periphery of contention for the trophy here the last three years, going T-5, T-7, T-7. In those twelve rounds, he’s second in ball striking and fourth in total strokes gained at Kapalua. He’s coming off a sixth place result at the Hero World Challenge, and had five top-5’s last season. For his lofty standards, that’s considered a down here, but grabbing him at these odds is awfully enticing.
- Brian Harman (+4500): Brian Harman comes into this championship in fine form, finishing runner-up in his last two starts last year (RSM Classic, Mayakoba). In six of his last seven outings he’s been top-25 or better. In 2018, Harman was third at this event and in his last twelve rounds, he’s fifth in total strokes gained. Will be an interesting name to consider in the top 5/10 markets.
- Russell Henley (+5000): Russell Henley won in his second last start of 2022 at the Worldwide Technology Championship at Mayakoba. He loves playing in Hawaii, having won the Sony Open in the past and was runner-up there a year ago. Henley has a third place showing at this event (2015), and was ranked inside the top-10 in birdie average (of those competing), in 2022.
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
GET $1,050 IN BONUSES!
- CAESARS SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET ON CAESARS UP TO $1,250 + 1,000 TIER CREDITS AND 1,000 REWARD CREDITS®
- FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK
NO SWEAT FIRST BET UP TO $2,500!
- BETMGM SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET OFFER: UP TO $1,000 PAID BACK