- The sixth event on the LIV Golf schedule begins Friday (October 7) at Stonehill Golf Course, just outside of Bangkok
- Joaquin Niemann has posted third and fourth place finishes in his first two LIV Golf starts
- Below you’ll find the latest LIV Golf Bangkok odds, plus our favorite targets to win the event
LIV Golf continues its inaugural season on Friday, staging their first event in Asia. LIV Golf Bangkok will be contested at the brand new Stonehill Golf Course, a private club that just opened up this year north of Bangkok, in Thailand.
Not much is known about the track since this will be the first professional tournament it’s ever hosted. The layout is listed as a 7,350 yard Par-72, which is quite short by the pros standards. That should lead to plenty of scoring, especially on the four Par-5’s, so we’ll want to factor that into our betting decisions.
2022 LIV Golf Bangkok Odds
|Golfers||Odds to Win|
|Harold Varner III||+3500|
|Charles Howell III||+3500|
Odds as of October 4th at DraftKings Sportsbook. Get the DraftKings Sportsbook promo code.
Like he has in all previous five events, Dustin Johnson opened as the betting favorite, but this time he has company. He currently sports +450 odds, the same as Aussie Cameron Smith.
After three straight longshot winners to begin the LIV Golf season, the cream has risen to the top in each of the past two tournaments. DJ won in Boston at the start of September, while Smith emerged victorious in the latest event in Chicago.
Niemann Ready to Cash In
We’re banking on that trend continuing this week, targeting Joaquin Niemann as our favorite selection to take home the trophy. Niemann has placed third and fourth in his first two LIV Golf starts. He lost out by a stroke in his debut in Boston, and he has the skillset to tear this course apart.
Niemann led all LIV Golfers in strokes gained tee-to-green and ball striking this past PGA Tour season, finishing just behind Smith in total strokes gained. He was second in Par-5 scoring among the group, and third in birdies or better gained.
Anirban Lahiri and Joaquín Niemann on the international reception of #LIVGolf, the quality of the Asian Tour players, and more:
“I have at least 20 people that I know of who are flying to Bangkok, just from the people I know, and that's just India.”
Full answers 👇👇 pic.twitter.com/RcQABauyJS
— LIV Golf Updates (@LIVGolfUpdates) September 16, 2022
In six LIV Golf rounds so far, Niemann has broken 70 five times, with a blistering 67.1 scoring average. It’s only a matter of time before he collects his first trophy on this circuit.
Pick: Joaquin Niemann to Win (+700)
2022 LIV Golf Champions
2022 LIV Golf Chicago Best Value Picks
- Sergio Garcia (+2000): The Spaniard is trending in the right direction. He closed with rounds of 64 and 66 to finish ninth in Boston, and then levelled up with a T-4 in Chicago. He boasts a scoring average of 68 over his past six rounds, and ranked sixth among LIV Golfers in strokes gained total on the PGA Tour before defecting to this circuit.
- Peter Uihlein (+6500):You have to go way down the board to find his name, but his price doesn’t reflect how well he’s been playing since joining LIV. He finished runner-up to Smith in Chicago, and also owns a fourth place finish on his LIV Golf resume. He currently ranks seventh in the year-to-date standings ahead of plenty of big names who earned a King’s Ransom for leaving the PGA Tour. That list includes Talor Gooch, Patrick Reed, Abraham Ancer and Bryson DeChambeau among others.