The Players Championship 4th Round Live Odds and Predictions
- Scottie Scheffler leads the Players Championship by two strokes over Min Woo Lee after round three
- Just seven players are within five shots in their attempt to win the PGA Tour’s crown jewel event
- See the updated 2023 Players Championship odds, plus predictions for Sunday’s final round below
Scottie Scheffler has been on a tear in the last 13 months, winning five times on the PGA Tour, including last year’s Masters. He has a prime opportunity to win for the second time in 2023, and it’d be the second biggest title of his young career. He leads the Players after three days by two over Min Woo Lee, and four over Cam Davis, both Aussies. Before the week began, Scheffler had the third shortest odds to secure what is considered the ‘fifth major’ on the PGA Tour.
The top-seven players on the board, apart from Scheffler, have combined for a grand total of two PGA Tour victories (Davis 1, Chad Ramey 1). Saturday was a day to attack at TPC Sawgrass, with the lowest scoring average (69.57) in a round at this event since 1983. Tom Hoge made the cut on the number (+2), then proceeded to fire a blistering course record 10-under, 62.
Read on to see the updated odds and best value bets heading into Sunday’s final round.
2023 Players Championship Odds
|Min Woo Lee||2nd||-12||+600|
Scheffler has fired three rounds in the 60’s, shooting 68-69-65. He found himself tied with Min Woo Lee on 18 Saturday, but a dropped shot by Lee and a birdie by the five-time PGA Tour champion has Scheffler in front by two shots. Cam Davis, who won the 2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic, is in third place, four adrift.
$1,000 BACKBET NOW
Odds as of March 11th at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Top of the Board
Simply put, the trailing pack behind Scottie Scheffler are in a world of hurt should Scottie play up to his capabilities. He’s been rattling off victories seemingly at ease, and he’s five ahead of the fourth place golfer. This week, he’s first in strokes gained tee-to-green, and second approaching the green. He’s only made one bogey in each of the first three days, so he’s not likely to bring a lot of players into it with poor play.
Scottie Scheffler through 54 holes in his four previous stroke-play wins:
2022 WMPO: Trailed by 2
2022 API: Trailed by 2
2022 Masters: Led by 3
2023 WMPO: Led by 2
Leads by 2 entering tomorrow's final round.
— Jason Sobel (@JasonSobelTAN) March 11, 2023
For those look for a glimmer of hope, there is one – the big hole in his resume was last year’s Tour Championship for the FedEx Cup. Scheffler held a 6-shot edge after 54 holes, and wound up failing to convert that into a victory. Still, he learned his lesson from that, so expecting a repeat collapse is a tall order.
The two directly behind Scheffler are Lee, who has two DP World Tour titles to his credit (the last being the Scottish Open in 2021). He’s second in SG: off-the-tee through three days, though this is his first Players, and might not have the seasoning to navigate a pressure packed Sunday. Cam Davis is four back, and he was 24th in final round scoring average last season, offering a decent chance that he could erase the deficit.
2023 Players Championship Best Live Value Picks
- Tommy Fleetwood (+2200): Tommy Fleetwood has long waited to have that breakthrough victory stateside, following his decorated career that has seen him win six times on the DP World Tour. He’s been T-5th at this track in 2019 and T-7th in 2018. Through three days, Fleetwood is third in SG: tee-to-green, and shot a solid 7-under, 65 on Saturday.
- Sungjae Im (+3500): Another golfer that made a huge jump on moving day was Sungjae Im, who put together a blistering 8-under, 64. He’s improved each time out, going 75-69-64. He does find himself six off the pace, the same number of strokes Scheffler lost at the Tour Championship last year. Im made nine birdies in the third round en route to his spectacular score.
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
GET $1,050 IN BONUSES!
- CAESARS SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET ON CAESARS UP TO $1,250 + 1,000 TIER CREDITS AND 1,000 REWARD CREDITS®
- FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK
NO SWEAT FIRST BET UP TO $2,500!
- BETMGM SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET OFFER: UP TO $1,000 PAID BACK