- The UFC’s final event of 2020 goes down on December 19th, 2020
- UFC Vegas 17 is considered one of the best Fight Night cards of all-time
- See the odds, picks, and betting preview for the full UFC Vegas 17 main card, below
The UFC will end their crazy year of 2020 in the same city they started it in.
In the main event of UFC Vegas 17, former title challenger Stephen Thompson looks to make it two in a row against rising contender Geoff Neal. The co-main event sees former featherweight king Jose Aldo looking to snap his losing skid against Marlon Vera.
UFC Vegas 17 main card airs live on ESPN+ on December 19 at 7 PM EST. The table below shows odds for the main card at FanDuel and DraftKings, followed by best bets for the event.
UFC Vegas 17 Odds
|Fighter||Odds at FanDuel||Odds at DraftKings|
Odds taken Dec. 14
Is Neal The Real Deal?
Stephen Thompson will have to prove his time as a top contender is not over, while Geoff Neal is looking to pick up the biggest win of his career at UFC Vegas 17. The two also became the main event just a few weeks ago after Leon Edwards vs Khamzat Chimaev fell off.
Thompson & Neal Recent Fights
|Vicente Luque, win by decision||Fight 1||Mike Perry, win by KO|
|Anthony Pettis, loss by KO||Fight 2||Niko Price, win by TKO|
|Darren Till, loss by split decision||Fight 3||Belal Muhammad, win by decision|
|Jorge Masvidal, win by decision||Fight 4||Frank Camacho, win by KO|
This is a phenomenal matchup between two of the best strikers in the welterweight division.
Thompson is known for his karate striking-style, while Neal has phenomenal boxing and crazy knockout power. A big question is whether or not Neal will be able to go five rounds as this is his first time headlining a UFC event.
Early on, I expect the first round to be a feeling-out process of sorts as both men will use leg kicks and jabs to try and figure the reach of their opponent out.
Thompson vs Neal Stats
The odds for this fight are dead-on. This truly is a pick’em fight, but I believe Geoff Neal is the real deal. Ever since he made his UFC debut his striking was much better than everyone else’s he fought. In this fight, I expect the Fortis MMA product to eventually land something big in the third round to drop Thompson and finish him via ground and pound.
Pick: Geoff Neal (-110)
Will Aldo Snap His Losing Skid?
This could very well be do-or-die for Jose Aldo’s career in the UFC. He’s on a three-fight skid and 0-2 at bantamweight. If Aldo loses four in a row, he, unfortunately, could be one of the 60 looming cuts.
Aldo & Vera Recent Fights
|Petr Yan, loss by TKO (title fight)||Fight 1||Sean O’Malley, win by TKO|
|Marlon Moraes, loss by split decision||Fight 2||Song Yadong, loss by decision|
|Alexander Volkanovski, loss by decision||Fight 3||Andre Ewell, win by TKO|
|Renato Moicano, win by TKO||Fight 4||Nohelin Hernandez, win by submission|
Marlon Vera is getting another big fight after the biggest win of his career in August. Against Aldo, this will really be the fight to see if the former champ is no longer a contender or if he just fought the best of the best.
I expect it to be very competitive, but I like Vera to use his leg kicks and jabs to piece up Aldo. I do believe the former champ is past his prime and I like the underdog in Vera to do enough to win the fight by decision.
Pick: Marlon Vera (+124)
Other UFC Vegas 17 Picks:
- Khaos Williams (-104): I have no clue why Williams opened as a dog and the bettors, including myself, have corrected it. I like Williams to get another KO, and there is solid value at -104.
- Marlon Moraes (-154): I still believe Moraes is a top contender. Font has the skillset to win but him coming off a year-long layoff is scares me. Moraes is the better striker and will win a decision.
- Greg Hardy (-112): This will be a real tough test for Greg Hardy as Tybura has what it takes to hold him down. However, I like Hardy to eventually land something big and win by KO.
- Gillian Robertson (-118): Robertson’s style is a bad one for Santos, and I expect her to use her grappling to win a decision.
- Anthony Pettis (-225): Pettis should be able to outstrike Morono to win a decision, but -225 is too high so look for an over 2.5 or fight goes the distance prop.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.