- Alabama and Notre Dame meet up in the first of two CFP Semifinals on New Year’s Day at the Rose Bowl
- The Tide are a whopping near 20-point favorite ahead of kickoff from JerryWorld in Arlington
- See live updates as the odds swing throughout the Rose Bowl right here
No. 1 Alabama and No. 4 Notre Dame are set to do battle in the Rose Bowl from Arlington, Texas on New Year’s Day. Kickoff is set for 4:00 PM at AT&T Stadium.
Neither program is dealing with any COVID-19 related issues entering this playoff showdown, but Alabama will be missing a key player on its offensive line.
The Tide are still heavy 19-point favorites ahead of kickoff. We’ll be providing live odds and game updates on this page throughout the Rose Bowl.
Alabama vs Notre Dame Live Odds
|#4 Notre Dame Fighting Irish||+17 (-114)||OFF||O 50.5 (-117)|
|#1 Alabama Crimson Tide||-17 (-114)||OFF||U 50.5 (-110)|
- [7:34pm EST] Alabama beats Notre Dame 31-14 at the Rose Bowl. The Fighting Irish cover the original 18-point spread
- [7:24pm EST] An unsportsmanlike conduct penalty to Nick Saban with 3:09 remaining sets Notre Dame up for a potential backdoor cover. Ian Book runs the ball one yard into the endzone to make the score 31-14 Alabama. The Tide are 17-point favorites late in the game
- [6:50pm EST] Alabama is held to a field goal on its opening drive of the fourth quarter. Will Reichard boots a 41-yarder through the uprights. The Tide lead the Irish 31-7 in the final quarter and are favored by 23.5 points
- [6:45pm EST] Alabama leads Notre Dame 28-7 at the end of the third quarter. DeVonta Smith has seven receptions for three touchdowns and 130 yards. After a lengthy evaluation, Ian Book is out of medical tent and warming up ahead of the fourth quarter. The Tide are 28-point favorites
- [6:36pm EST] Notre Dame QB Ian Book is down after taking a heavy hit from Alabama’s Christian Barmore on a sack. Freshman Drew Pyne is in at quarterback for the Irish. Book went to the medical tent, and it’s unclear if he’ll return. Alabama is now favored by 28 points and the total has dropped below 50
- [6:30pm EST] Alabama makes Notre Dame pay for a costly turnover in the third quarter. The Tide score on the ensuing drive and take a commanding 28-7 lead. Mac Jones finds DeVonta Smith for a seven-yard TD reception. Alabama is back to being heavy 27.5-point favorites late in the third quarter
- [5:44pm EST] Alabama takes a 21-7 lead over Notre Dame into halftime. Heisman favorite DeVonta Smith is having another huge game with two touchdowns and 100-plus receiving yards. The Tide are 24-point favorites and the moneyline is off the board. Alabama gets the ball to begin the second half
- [5:17pm EST] Alabama quickly responds to Notre Dame’s first score of the night. Mac Jones finds DeVonta Smith with a quick slant pass for a 34-yard touchdown. Smith took a hard fall and was slow to get up, but appears to be alright. Alabama leads 21-7 and are 27.5-point favorites with 8:49 remaining in the first half
- [5:11pm EST] The Irish cap off a 15-play, 75-yard drive with a Kyren Williams three-yard run into the endzone. The Irish are on the board and trail Alabama 14-7. The Tide are 21.5-point favorites early in the second quarter
- [5:00pm EST] The Tide lead the Irish 14-0 at the end of the first quarter. DeVonta Smith’s 26-yard catch-and-run and Mac Jones’ 12-yard TD pass to Jahleel Billingsley were the two scoring plays. Alabama is a 28.5-point favorite heading into the second quarter
- [4:45pm EST] Mac Jones finds a wide-open Jahleel Billingsley in the left corner of the endzone for a 12-yard touchdown. The Tide take a 14-0 lead and are favored by 28.5 points with 4:19 remaining in the first quarter
- [4:29pm EST] DeVonta Smith catches a screen pass from Mac Jones and runs the ball 26 yards for an Alabama touchdown. The Tide take an early 7-0 lead and are 24-point favorites with 10:14 remaining in the first quarter
- [3:50pm EST] With kickoff just moments away, the Crimson Tide close as 18-point favorites
Let's have fun and keep it civil.