2021 NFL Defensive Player of the Year Odds Tracker
- TJ Watt won the 2021-22 NFL Defensive Player of the Year award
- Watt was among the top contenders all season, but did not spend much time listed as the favorite according to the betting odds; see how the odds changed throughout the 2021-22 NFL season
- Looking for current NFL DPOY odds?
We tracked the 2021 NFL DPOY odds from the time they opened right through to when they closed. We average the odds from multiple sportsbooks and track the movement, removing the influence of money and providing you with each defender’s true odds of winning the award.
2021 NFL DPOY Odds for Top Contenders
The 2021-22 NFL DPOY award was handed out Thursday, February 10 at the NFL Honors. Steelers edge rusher TJ Watt won the award. He closed a heavy -400 odds-on favorite to win NFL DPOY. We did not see any DPOY odds available after the week of January 4, which was prior to Week 18 of the 2021-22 NFL season. Watt had just become too heavy of a favorite.
- [February 10] The 2021-22 NFL Defensive Player of the Year was awarded to TJ Watt of the Pittsburgh Steelers at the NFL Honors. Watt closed as the heavy odds-on favorite to win the award.
- [January 4] TJ Watt racked up four sacks against the Browns on Monday Night Football of Week 17. He is now just 1.5 sacks away from breaking the single-season record. Watt’s NFL Defensive Player of the Year odds improved from +200 to -400 after Week 17, making him the heavy odds-on favorite to win the award.
Closing Odds to Win 2021 NFL DPOY
|Player||Pos||Team||Odds to win 2021 NFL DPOY|
*Odds closed January 4
Here are some older notes on the NFL DPOY odds movement:
- [December 27] After Micah Parsons recorded yet another sack in Week 16, he has moved to the co-favorite, alongside TJ Watt, to win NFL DPOY. Fellow Cowboy Trevon Diggs saw his NFL DPOY odds improve from +1000 to +750 with another interception against Washington.
- [December 22] TJ Watt recorded another 1.5 sacks in Week 15, moving his NFL DPOY odds closer to even money. Watt remains the favorite. Micah Parsons has also jumped Myles Garrett on the board, now having the second-best odds to win the award.
- [December 13] In Week 14, Myles Garrett recorded a strip sack, where he also scooped the ball up and scored a touchdown. As a result, he has moved to co-favorite alongside TJ Watt in the latest NFL DPOY odds. The biggest mover, though, is rookie Micah Parsons. The Cowboys linebacker recorded another two sacks in Week 14, one of which was a strip sack of his own. Parsons is an extremely heavy favorite in NFL DROY odds, but has now seen his NFL DPOY odds improve from +3000 to +400.
- [December 6] A 3.5-sack day in Week 13 has resulted in TJ Watt overtaking Myles Garrett as the favorite to win NFL DPOY. It is the first time this season Watt has had the best odds to win NFL DPOY. The Steelers edge rusher now has 16 sacks in just ten games played. His odds entering Week 13 were as long as +700, but have now shortened to +200.
- [November 29] With another sack in Week 12, Myles Garrett’s league-leading season total has reached 14, and his NFL DPOY odds are nearing even money. Trevon Diggs, who had the second-best odds entering the week, saw his odds to win NFL DPOY fade from +400 to +700 after he was picked on a little by the Raiders on Thanksgiving. Diggs is now tied with TJ Watt for the second-best odds.
- [November 22] Patriots linebacker Matt Judon saw his NFL DPOY odds improve from +4000 to +1800 after Week 11. New England’s edge rusher was applying significant pressure on Matt Ryan all night in their TNF matchup, and is now a top five NFL DPOY contender.
- [November 15] Titans safety Kevin Byard moved from outside the top ten to fifth-favorite at +2500 after another solid outing against the Jaguars. He is PFF’s top-rated safety on the season with a 90.5 overall grade.
- [November 1] After recording another 1.5 sacks in the Steelers’ upset win over the Browns in Week 8, TJ Watt has the second-best odds to win NFL DPOY. He leaps Trevon Diggs, who did not record an interception in Week 8, the first game he’s played without one all season.
- [October 25] Browns defensive end Myles Garrett remains the favorite to win NFL DPOY. Raiders edge-rusher Maxx Crosby saw some significant movement to his NFL DPOY odds after Week 7, though. Crosby didn’t record any sacks against the Eagles, but made a couple crucial plays to help Las Vegas hold on to their lead. His odds improved from an average of +5000 to as short as +2500, making him a top ten contender.
- [October 19] Myles Garrett remains the favorite to win NFL DPOY, but Trevon Diggs is right on his tail after recording another pick-six in Week 6. Diggs now has an interception in each of his first six games of the 2021 NFL season, and has seen his NFL DPOY odds go from +6500 all the way to +525 over the last four weeks.
- [October 11] Trevon Diggs is now a top three contender to win NFL DPOY after recording another interception in Week 5, continuing his streak of at least one in every game this season.
- [October 4] Trevon Diggs’ NFL DPOY odds are as short as +1600 after recording two more interceptions in Week 4, bringing his total for the season to five. The Cowboys corner has an interception in every game thus far, and has returned one for a touchdown. Diggs is now a top six contender after not even having odds prior to Week 3.
- [September 27] For the first time this season, Aaron Donald is not the favorite to win NFL DPOY. Myles Garrett is the new favorite after recording 4.5 sacks against the Bears in Week 3.
- [September 21] After failing to record a sack in his first two games, Chase Young has fallen out of the top five contenders for NFL DPOY. Xavien Howard has also seen his odds worsen significantly after Miami’s defense was roughed up by the Bills in Week 2. Jalen Ramsey’s NFL DPOY odds have improved from +3250 to +2000 after a strong outing against the Colts, and Brian Burns’ two sacks have his odds moving from +5750 to +4000.
- [September 15] After racking up an insane five sacks in Week 1 against the Titans, Chandler Jones saw his NFL DPOY odds improve from an average of +4900 to +825. He’s now among the top four contenders to win the award. Xavien Howard also saw his odds improve significantly after a strong performance in Week 1. Two pass-rushers, Khalil Mack and Chase Young, saw their odds fade after failing to make an impact on their respective team’s first games.
- [September 9] Nick Bosa’s NFL DPOY odds have faded slightly, allowing his brother Joey to jump into the top five contenders ahead of the 2021 NFL kickoff.
- [August 26] The gap between Aaron Donald and Myles Garrett atop the board is closing, as the reigning NFL DPOY has seen his odds get a little longer and Garrett’s NFL DPOY odds shortening. Washington’s Chase Young has seen his odds improve significantly, jumping from +1800 to +983, the fourth-best odds on the board.
- [May 14] Unsurprisingly, Aaron Donald has again opened as the favorite to win NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Donald is the reigning DPOY and has won the award three of the last four years.