2022 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Odds Tracker
- Who are the top contenders for the 2022 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year award?
- Aidan Hutchinson, the second-overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, is the favorite to win NFL DROY after being drafted by the Lions
- See the NFL DROY odds for all contenders below
Follow along as we track the odds to win the 2022 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year award throughout the 2022-23 NFL season. The graphs below were created by taking the average from several of our most trusted sportsbooks.
Top NFL DROY Contenders
The 2022 NFL Draft saw loads of edge rushers taken early, and they are the players we see dominating the top of the odds to win NFL DROY.
It shouldn’t be a surprise that the NFL Draft didn’t result in a ton of significant movement to the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year odds. The fit is not as important for defensive players as it is offensive—or at least the sportsbooks can’t read the fit as easily with defensive players. We will see these odds start moving around once these players get into camp and we start seeing what kind of roles they will be playing with their new teams.
For now, Aidan Hutchinson is the favorite to win NFL DROY.
2022 NFL DROY Odds
|Jermaine Johnson II||EDGE||Jets||+800|
|Derek Stingley Jr||CB||Texans||+900|
|Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner||CB||Jets||+900|
*Odds as of May 2 at DraftKings. If you are not currently betting with them, be sure you claim the best DraftKings bonus upon signing up.
Aidan Hutchinson is currently the favorite to win NFL DROY. Hutchinson is given +400 odds to win. If you placed a $20 wager on the Lions new pass-rusher, your potential profit would be $80 with you returning $100.
And some more notes on past odds movement:
- [April 28] Although he was not the first-overall pick, Aidan Hutchinson is the favorite to win NFL DROY. His odds have improved from +600 to +400 after being drafted second-overall by the Lions. Kayvon Thibodeaux has seen his DROY odds move from +1000 to +450, the second-best on the board, after going fifth-overall to the Giants. The first-overall pick, Travon Walker, moved from +1000 to +550.
- [April 12] Even though we are still a couple weeks from the 2022 NFL Draft, some sportsbooks have already opened their NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year odds. Aidan Hutchinson, who is projected to be the first-overall pick in the NFL Draft odds, and Kyle Hamilton have opened as the co-favorites to win DROY.
Past NFL DROY Winners
Top DROY Contenders at Each Position
- Four of the last six DROY awards have gone to edge rushers
- Micah Parsons (2021), Chase Young (2020), Nick Bosa (2019), Joey Bosa (2016) and Von Miller (2011) are the only five edge players to win the award in the last 15 seasons, though
- Darius Leonard (2018) is the only inside linebacker to win the award since 2013
- The award has only gone to a safety twice – the last was in 1990 (Mark Carrier)
Past NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Winners by Position
|Position||DROY Awards in Last 15 Years|
|Interior Defensive Linemen||2|
Top DROY Contenders by Draft Round
- 14 of the last 15 DROY awards went to first round picks (Darius Leonard won as a second round pick in 2018)
- 13 of the last 15 winners were selected in the top 15 of their draft – Marcus Peters went 18th overall, Leonard was 36th
- Chase Young (2020) and the Bosa brothers (Nick in 2019 and Joey in 2016) are the only three players in the last ten years to win DROY after being the first defensive player selected in the draft