2019 Kentucky Derby Odds Tracker
- Track the average odds for the most talked-about horses competing at the 2019 Kentucky Derby
- See which thoroughbreds have won the Derby in years past
- Looking for current Derby odds?
The 145th running of the Kentucky Derby is scheduled to take place at historic Churchill Downs in Louisville on Saturday, May 4th. We’ve been tracking the odds for every fleet-footed thoroughbred since they became available. The main graph on this page has been generated by calculating the average from many of the most trusted sportsbooks.
Kentucky Derby Top Contenders
- May 4: Improbable has overtaken Roadster for the second-best odds to win the 2019 Kentucky Derby; Code of Honor saw its average odds go from +1400 to +1067
- May 2: Game Winner has become the new clear-cut favorite following Omaha Beach’s surprising scratch due to a respiratory disease.
- May 1: Omaha Beach has emerged as the favorite with just days to go until the 2019 Kentucky Derby.
- April 24: Roadster has made big strides in our latest odds update, going from +2000 on April 1st to +617 on April 24th.
- April 2: Game Winner is still the betting favorite after opening with the shortest odds on November 15th. The Bob Baffert-trained colt has had four first place finishes in his last five races.
2019 Kentucky Derby Closing Odds
|Code of Honor||+1600|
Odds taken 05/02/19
Past 10 Kentucky Derby Winners
|2009||Mine That Bird||Calvin Borel||Bennie Woolley Jr.|
|2010||Super Saver||Calvin Borel||Todd Pletcher|
|2011||Animal Kingdom||John Velazquez||H Graham Motion|
|2012||I’ll Have Another||Mario Gutierrez||Doug O’Neill|
|2013||Orb||Joel Rosario||Claude R McGaughey III|
|2014||California Chrome||Victor Espinoza||Art Sherman|
|2015||American Pharoah||Victor Espinoza||Bob Baffert|
|2016||Nyquist||Mario Gutierrez||Doug F O’Neill|
|2017||Always Dreaming||John Velazquez||Todd Pletcher|
|2018||Justify||Mike E Smith||Bob Baffert|
Justify became just the thirteenth winner of the American Triple Crown in 2018 after finishing first at the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes. The thoroughbred’s victory at the Derby was far from a sure thing as he entered the race with 3-1 odds just ahead of Mendelssohn, Magnum Moon, and Audible.
Trainers with the Most Kentucky Derby Wins
Will 2019 be the year that Bob Baffert catches up with Ben A Jones? The Arizona-born trainer has compiled over 2,800 career wins, including five Kentucky Derbies from 1997 to 2018.
Jockeys with the Most Kentucky Derby Wins
Eddie Arcaro and Bill Hartack were both under 5’5″, but they remain true giants in the world of horse racing, having won five Kentucky Derbies each. The pair are enshrined in the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs.