Luis Ortiz vs Alexander Flores Odds and Picks for Main Card
- Luis Ortiz vs Alexander Flores goes Saturday, November 7th, 2020 at 8 PM EST
- Which fighters will emerge victorious from this heavyweight tripleheader?
- Check out the fight odds, analysis, and predictions below
Luis Ortiz and Alexander Flores will throw down inside Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, California. Ortiz vs Flores will broadcast on FOX PBC Fight Night and FOX Deportes.
This ten-round heavyweight affair tops the marquee, but the event is deep with outings from the big bruisers. Flores stepped up for this one after Scott Alexander had to withdraw for reasons related to COVID-19.
Luis Ortiz vs Alexander Flores Odds
|Frank Sanchez Faure||-1200|
|Michael Polite Coffie||-1200|
Odds taken Nov. 4
Luis Ortiz’s Path Back to a World Title
Ortiz’s last outing was a rematch with Deontay Wilder and marked his second crack at the Bronze Bomber’s WBC world heavyweight title. The former interim WBA heavyweight champ fell short and was once again finished inside the distance by Wilder.
King Kong is looking to bounce back into the win column with his first in-ring effort of 2020. Hopefully, returning to the kind of form that fans of the sweet science have come to expect from Luis Ortiz.
Luis Ortiz is still a crafty southpaw, has devastating KO power, and has a proven professional resume against some of the world’s best for over a decade.
Alexander Flores’ Quest for His Biggest Win
Much like Ortiz, this is Flores’ first fight of the calendar year, and his last bout was in November 2019. His last outing saw him halt Mario Heredia in the sixth round.
Flores is a hungry, young prospect looking to seize this great opportunity that has been presented to him. The only pro losses that Flores has suffered came against former world champions (Charles Martin and Joseph Parker).
Alexander “The Great” Flores has already captured the WBC youth world heavyweight title but is looking to make a move towards the big-boy belt with a significant win here.
Top heavyweight contender Luis 'King Kong' Ortiz (31-2-0) will face off against Alexander Flores on Saturday, November 7 at 8 pm ET on FOX 🥊
Unbeaten Frank Sánchez (15-0) will also fight Brian Howard in the co-main event. pic.twitter.com/LgnsII08zk
— FOX Sports: PBC (@PBConFOX) October 29, 2020
Ortiz’s 84 percent knockout rate and Flores’ 89 percent knockout rate marry together well in creating a compelling fight for the fans, on-paper.
Luis Ortiz also has a supremely polished sense of ringcraft as well from a meaningful amateur run. It would be misguided to not consider his gold medal from the 2006 Cuban National Championship and his reported record of 349-19.
Ortiz vs Flores Tale of the Tape
|Bryant Jennings, Malik Scott,
|Significant Wins||Jorge Alfredo Leal, Keith Barr,
Though Ortiz is eleven years older than Flores, I still think Luis Ortiz still has a lot to offer. The only losses of his pro career have come against the most prolific heavyweight KO artist of this generation in Deontay Wilder.
I ultimately see Luis Ortiz securing the stoppage victory somewhere between the fourth and sixth rounds when Ortiz vs Flores goes down.
Pick: Luis Ortiz (-2100)
Main Card Picks for Ortiz vs Flores
- Frank Sanchez Faure vs Brian Howard: WBO gold is up for grabs here as the NABO heavyweight championship will be contested. Sanchez is an undefeated heavyweight and has a stiff test in front of him with the seasoned cruiserweight pugilist Brian Howard. Sanchez has gone the distance in his last two outings but I think he gets the stoppage between the sixth and eighth round here. Pick: Frank Sanchez Faure (-1200)
- Michael Polite Coffie vs Joey Abell: This one also takes place in the heavyweight ranks too and features another unbeaten contender in Michael Polite Coffie. This is scheduled for eight rounds with the ten fight prospect Coffie clashing with the 45 fight vet in Abell. I see Coffie securing the stoppage win in either the fifth or sixth round. Pick: Michael Polite Coffie (-1200)