- Season 8 of the massively successful HBO drama Game of Thrones debuts April 14th
- All eyes are on Lena Headey’s character, Cersei Lannister
- You can place bets on whether or not Lannister is pregnant and/or if she’ll be killed off
It’s barely even the Spring and already, Winter is coming.
Of course, we’re referring to the premiere of the final season of Game Of Thrones, the mega-successful HBO showstopper drama.
This, the eighth and final season of the show, will enter completely unfamiliar territory for fans, given that the show has now run ahead of the George R. R. Martin book series that it was initially based on. That’s given rise to some interesting props, like the one below from MyBookie:
Odds Cersei Lannister is Really Pregnant
|Is Cersei Lannister Really Pregnant?||Odds at MyBookie|
*Odds taken 03/14/19
The Westeros native and Queen of the Andals is easily one of the most intriguing characters on the show.
Last season, Cersei revealed halfway through the season that she was pregnant. But many fans of the show are wondering how legitimate this claim actually is.
Like many revelations made in the show, Cersei’s reveal may have happened just for show or to finagle herself out of a tricky situation. After all, in Game Of Thrones, everything is a matter of life and death.
Is it a game of reverse psychology, or even just an afterthought? It’s anyone’s guess this time around, but given that the show only has six episodes of airtime this outing (as opposed to the usual 10 in early seasons), you can bet producers will be getting to the point on this one pretty quickly.
It’s plausible that Cersei will actually be pregnant, even if it was just a writing decision to prove conspiracy theorists of the show wrong.
Game of Thrones has a lot of ground to cover this season, and fans have waited over two years for these episodes to tie up the series. A back and forth on #CerseiBabyGate isn’t likely, and it’s pretty plausible that Cersei will actually be pregnant, even if it was just a writing decision to prove conspiracy theorists of the show wrong.
Pick: Yes (-160)
Odds on Who Will Kill Cersei Lannister
|Who Will Kill Cersei Lannister?||Odds at MyBookie|
Heady’s portrayal of Lannister has seen critical acclaim, earning her nominations for four Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe.
Her strong portrayal in the show and fan popularity have kept her alive in a series that has seen literally dozens of major characters already killed off seasons ago.
But without Martin’s books forecasting her mortality in the show, absolutely anyone could be on the chopping block this time.
There Will Be Blood
Game Of Thrones has not been shy to kill off its cast, that’s for sure. On its final outing, watch for the mortality rate to increase even more. Cersei’s death would be too juicy and too on brand for Thrones to deny, especially if she’s pregnant.
Considering she’s on Arya Stark’s kill list, it’s an obvious one.
Pick: Arya Stark (+150)
Our Game of Thrones Season 8 Coverage:
- Odds to Be Dead at the End of Game of Thrones Season 8: Jon Snow Favored to Survive; Odds Split on Daenerys
- Odd Say Bran Stark is Not the Night King in Game of Thrones
- Game of Thrones Odds: Jon Snow Listed as Favorite to Kill the Ice Dragon
- Head-to-Head Odds to Perish 1st in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Bovada & BetOnline Far Apart on Game of Thrones Season 8 Odds
- Jon Snow or Bran Stark? Odds to Rule Westeros at End of Game of Thrones Season 8
- Yara Greyjoy Favored to Perish First in Game of Thrones Season 8
- Game of Thrones Betting Odds: Season 8 Props Are Already Out!