- The Charles Schwab Challenge at Colonial Country Club tees off Thursday, May 26th from Fort Worth, TX
- PGA champion Justin Thomas is the +800 favorite over reigning Masters winner Scottie Scheffler
- Below, see the Charles Schwab Challenge odds to win, plus best value bets
Following the spellbinding comeback victory by Justin Thomas at the PGA Championship, the tour heads to famed ‘Hogan’s Alley’ for the Charles Schwab Challenge. The field is a strong one, as it features six of the top-10 golfers in the world teeing it up. That includes Thomas, along with Masters winner and native Texan Scottie Scheffler. The others include past champion Jordan Spieth, 2020 runner-up Collin Morikawa, Viktor Hovland and Sam Burns.
Will Zalatoris, who lost the PGA playoff to Thomas, also is competing, as is Mito Pereira, who led the PGA with one hole to go before an untimely double bogey dropped him out of it. Colonial Country Club is known as a ball striker’s paradise, where precision and accuracy take premium over bombing drives with reckless abandon. Jason Kokrak won his second PGA Tour title here last year, as he outlasted fan favorite Spieth by two strokes.
2022 Charles Schwab Challenge Odds
|Harold Varner III||+4000|
Odds as of May 23rd at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Kevin Na Excels at Colonial
Kevin Na has played some very solid, if unspectacular golf in 2022. He’s posted seven top-30’s in ten worldwide starts, including a pair of top-25’s at the Masters and PGA Championship. Since 2015, he’s had some fantastic results at this very tournament, winning it in 2019, placing fourth in 2018, and T-10th in 2015.
Subsequently, he’s racked up some impressive ‘strokes gained’ stats at the Charles Schwab Challenge.
Kevin Na’s Strokes Gained Stats In Last 28 Rounds At Colonial
|Approach||Total||Tee-To-Green||Ball Striking||Around-The-Green||Short Game||Putting|
For the season, Kevin Na ranks 29th in driving accuracy and approaching the green. He is priced at +3500 to win outright, which is good odds given his track record around this tight course, and how he’s been solid on the campaign.
Last Five Charles Schwab Challenge Winners
2022 Charles Schwab Challenge Best Value Picks
- Davis Riley (+5000): Davis Riley has been on a tear in his rookie season, and is coming oh-so-close to picking up his first PGA Tour title. The run began with a playoff loss at the Valspar, and in the six ensuing tournaments, he’s he’s had a T-4th at the Zurich, fifth at the Mexico Open, T-9th at the Byron Nelson and T-13th at the PGA. Twelve of his last 16 rounds have resulted in a sub-70 round score.
- Chris Kirk (+6000): Chris Kirk is had a fantastic PGA Championship, where he wound up in a tie for fifth. That tournament, he was second in strokes gained: tee-to-green, picking up over ten shots. He was also fourth in SG: around-the-green. Kirk has also had success at this venue, having won in 2015.
- Stewart Cink (+13000): Stewart Cink experienced a career rebirth last season, as he won twice at the Safeway Open and RBC Heritage. He comes in with some form, having posted two top-10’s in his last five starts, along with a respectable T-23rd at the PGA Championship. At these odds, the 2000 Colonial runner-up presents great value in the top 5/10/20 markets as well.