US Open Odds 2nd Round Odds, Preview & Picks
- Adam Hadwin leads Rory McIlroy and four others by one shot after round one of the US Open from Brookline, Massachusetts
- 25 players are under par in a jam packed leaderboard
- See the updated 2022 US Open odds below for Friday’s second round below
For much of Thursday, Rory McIlroy and a host of other golfers were tied for the lead at the US Open from the Country Club in Brookline, MA. However, Canadian Adam Hadwin posted a beautiful 4-under, 66 in the much more difficult afternoon conditions to grab a slim one shot edge over his closest pursuers. That includes Rory McIlroy, who won last week at the RBC Canadian Open and who came in as the betting favorite to win his fifth career major.
There are major champions galore just a few shots adrift, ready to make a charge on cutdown Friday. Past US Open winners Dustin Johnson and Justin Rose are two shots back of Hadwin, with defending champ Jon Rahm, Justin Thomas, Collin Morikawa, Adam Scott and Gary Woodland other major winners who shot 69 to sit three back.
Read on to see the updated odds and best value bets heading into Friday’s second round.
Updated 2022 US Open Odds
Odds as of June 16th at DraftKings Sportsbook.
LOCK IN PROMO
Add +1000 to Any Golfer to Win Any Tournament!
ODDS BOOSTSIGN UP NOW
Tough to Trust Leader Hadwin
As much as the country of Canada would absolutely love if leader Adam Hadwin could go three more rounds to capture the country’s second men’s major championship of all time, he’s going to be in really tough. Hadwin has one PGA Tour victory to his credit (2017 Valspar), and had a brilliant opening day, but keeping up the pace will be tricky.
Hey Adam Hadwin, how does it feel to lead the @usopengolf?
Hadwin: “Pretty frikin’ cool”
— Bob Weeks (@BobWeeksTSN) June 16, 2022
In six previous attempts at the US Open, his best result was a tie for 39th. His current odds of +2500 are much too low to trust given what he’s up against in McIlroy, and the slew of major champions directly behind him.
A player in that range that has slightly lower odds of +2200 is Will Zalatoris, and he’s much more intriguing, as he sits just three off Hadwin’s lead. Zalatoris has five top-8’s in his last seven majors, including a pair of runner-ups, one of which happened last month in a playoff at the PGA Championship.
2022 US Open Best Live Value Picks
- Collin Morikawa (+1800): Collin Morikawa has won two majors the last two years (2020 PGA, 2021 Open Championship), and he’s in search for the third leg of the career grand slam. We loved his chances pre-tournament, and they’re still looking great as he’s just three adrift. He was 13th in strokes gained: short game on Thursday, and 17th in putting, which will be imperative to continue playing well as the week wears on.
- Viktor Hovland (+3500): Viktor Hovland has cooled off after a torrid stretch that saw him win three times in five starts at the end of 2021, but it’s not as if he’s fallen off the map either. The Norwegian sensation shot a respectable even par, 70 on day one. Hovland is also T-4th in second round scoring average on the campaign, so if he keeps that up, these odds will shorten. He was top-25 in greens in regulation and SG: putting in round one, making these odds enticing.
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
GET $1,050 IN BONUSES!
- CAESARS SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET ON CAESARS UP TO $1,250 + 1,000 TIER CREDITS AND 1,000 REWARD CREDITS®
- FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK
NO SWEAT FIRST BET UP TO $1,000!
- BETMGM SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET OFFER: UP TO $1,000 PAID BACK