- Former strawweight champion, Jessica Andrade returns to the weight class
- MMA legend Clay Guida faces Claudio Puelles in the co-main event
- See the UFC Vegas 52 odds below, along with our best bet predictions for the main card
The UFC remains at the Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada, for UFC Vegas 52 on Saturday, April 23. In the main event, 10th-ranked strawweight Amanda Lemos gets her first UFC main event as she faces former strawweight champ and current top-ranked flyweight Jessica Andrade. The fight will take place at strawweight as Andrade moves back down.
UFC Vegas 52 main card airs live on ESPN+ at 9:00 pm ET. The table below shows UFC Vegas 52 odds for the main card at Barstool Sportsbook followed by best bets. If you’re looking to learn how to bet UFC, this is a great card to try a few different strategies out.
UFC Vegas 52 Odds
|Montana De La Rosa
All odds as of April 18 at Barstool Sportsbook.
Lemos vs Andrade Odds, Prediction & Best Bet
Amanda Lemos gets the toughest test of her career as she faces former champion Jessica Andrade in a intriguing main event. Both Lemos and Andrade have one-punch KO power and like to stand and trade so this should be a fun fight to watch.
Lemos vs Andrade Recent Fights
|Angela Hill, win by split decision
|Cynthia Calvillo, win by TKO
|Montserrat Ruiz, win by TKO
|Valentina Shevchenko, loss by TKO (title fight)
|Livinha Souza, win by TKO
|Katlyn Chookigan, win by TKO
|Mizuki Inoue, win by decision
|Rose Namajunas, loss by split decision
Both Lemos and Andrade have two first-round TKO wins in their last four fights, showing off their power. One of Lemos’ stoppages came just 35-seconds into the fight. Due to her entertaining style, the UFC has given her a big push. If she beats Andrade – who has only lost to Shevchenko, Namajunas, Weili Zhang, and Joanna Jedrzejczyk (all current or former champions) since 2017 – she will be in line for a title shot.
Lemos vs Andrade Stats
This fight will really tell a lot about Lemos’ future in the division. She looked to slow down in her last fight against Hill and that was only three rounds, so going five will be interesting.
Right away, I expect Lemos and Andrade to get in each other’s face and throw, looking for the knockout shot. Although both have the ability to take this fight to the ground, I don’t expect it will spend much time on the mat.
Early on, Lemos should have success while going for the KO, while Andrade will be going to the body looking to slow down her fellow Brazilian. After the second round, the former champ will start to take over as she will land the harder and more effective strikes. Once that starts to happen – and when Lemos’ begins to fade – Andrade will smell blood and get the fourth-round TKO win to cement herself as a strawweight contender again.
Pick: Jessica Andrade (-170)
Guida vs Puelles UFC Vegas 52 Pick
The co-main event is a rather intriguing one as Clay Guida faces rising lightweight prospect Claudio Puelles.
Guida & Puelles Recent Fights
|Leonardo Santos, win by submission
|Chris Gruetzemacher, win by submission
|Mark Madsen, loss by split decision
|Jordan Leavitt, win by decision
|Michael Johnson, win by decision
|Marcos Mariano, win by decision
|Bobby Green, loss by decision
|Felipe Silva, win by decision
Both Guida and Puelles are great grapplers and when two good grapplers fight, it usually becomes a striking fight. If that happens, it is Guida that is the better striker.
As the odds suggest, this fight will be close, but Guida should be able to keep it standing, land the better shots, and earn a decision win over Puelles to extend his win streak to two.
Pick: Clay Guida (-122)
Other UFC Vegas 52 Picks:
- Alexander Romanov (-500): Romanov will be able to get Boser down at will and will eventually get the ground-and-pound TKO win.
- Maycee Barber (-177): Barber is the better striker; he will be able to keep it standing and land the harder shots to win a decision.
- Manel Kape (-150): Kape has found his groove after struggling in his first two UFC fights. This fight should be really exciting but Kape will just do enough to win a decision in a close fight.
- Charles Jourdain (-150): This is another all-action fight but Jourdain is the better striker and will throw too much volume for Vannata. However, Vannata is durable, so expect Jourdain to win a decision.