2018 NFL MVP Odds Tracker
- Patrick Mahomes won the 2018 NFL MVP award
- Look back at how the odds changed to win 2018 NFL MVP throughout the season
- Looking for current NFL MVP odds?
Patrick Mahomes of the Kansas City Chiefs claimed the 2018 NFL MVP award, edging out Drew Brees. But he certainly wasn’t the early betting favorite.
Look back at the odds to win the 2018 NFL MVP from the time they opened right up to close, seeing how they changed after every week of the 2018 NFL season.
Top NFL MVP Contenders
*During the NFL regular season, most online sports betting sites don’t open their NFL MVP odds until Wednesday morning, and they close again when the Thursday night game kicks off. So your window to make a wager is rather tight.
- (01/20/19) None of our top online sports betting sites have released new odds following Week 17
- (12/26/18) Mahomes enters Week 17 as the odds-on MVP favorite
- (12/12/18) For the first time since November 14th, Mahomes is again the MVP favorite
- (11/21/18) For the first time since September 18th, Mahomes is not the favorite to win MVP; Drew Brees has seized that title
- (11/07/18) For the first time this season, Mahomes is listed as the odds-on favorite to win MVP
- (09/26/18) – Patrick Mahomes has established himself as the clear cut favorite in the MVP race, after throwing an NFL-record 13 TDs in his first three games of the season
- (04/10/18) – Even though he’ll be 41 years old before the 2018 season starts, Tom Brady still opens as the favorite to win NFL MVP at +600, which is a little longer than the +450 he opened at in 2017
Odds to Win 2018 NFL MVP at Bovada
|Player||Pos||Team||Closing Odds to Win 2018 NFL MVP at Bovada (12/26/18)|
Top Contenders by Position
The award was once again won by a quarterback, making it six straight seasons a pivot has won NFL MVP.
AFC vs NFC Top Contenders
- (05/23/18) – That ratio has increased to 7:2 now in favor of the NFC.
- (04/10/18) – Not only does the NFC hold the majority of the top Super Bowl 53 contenders, but they also possess a large number of the top candidates for the NFL MVP. There are ten players in the NFC with odds of +2000 or shorter, while the AFC only has four.
- (11/18/18) – The NFC East is the only division without any players receiving MVP odds
- (05/23/18) – Josh Allen has joined Tom Brady as the only two QBs from the AFC East with NFL MVP odds, but it was more of a pity invite at +12000. Allen’s arrival does pull the division into a tie for the fewest MVP candidates at four with the NFC North, though.
- (05/23/18) – The AFC North has also broken away from the AFC South for the most MVP candidates with a whopping ten, as they added Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, and Myles Garrett. All of them are extreme long-shots, but it’s better to be on the list than not.
- (04/10/18) – The fact that Tom Brady is the only QB in the AFC East who has odds to win NFL MVP in 2018 says a lot about the division. With only three players receiving odds, one of which is a tight end, the AFC East is the division with the fewest MVP candidates – the AFC North and AFC South are tied for the most with seven each.
- (04/10/18) – The Miami Dolphins and New York Jets are the only two teams in the league without a player listed in the odds. Even the Cleveland Browns got some love with Tyrod Taylor.