2021-22 NFL Playoff Odds Tracker
- Look back at the odds to make the 2021-22 NFL playoffs
- See how each team’s odds change throughout the 2021 NFL season
- Looking for current NFL playoff odds?
The 2021 NFL regular season concluded January 9, 2022 with the top seven teams from each conference moving onto the 2021-22 NFL Playoffs, which began January 15, 2022. We tracked the odds for all 32 teams to make and miss the playoffs from the time the odds open, right through to Week 18, which has been confirmed for this season.
The graphs below were generated by averaging the odds from our most trusted sportsbooks.
AFC Playoff Odds
|Team||Odds to Make NFL Playoffs||Odds to Miss Playoffs|
|Kansas City Chiefs*||—||—|
|New England Patriots*||—||—|
|Los Angeles Chargers||-150||+120|
|Las Vegas Raiders||+105||-125|
|New York Jets||—||—|
Odds as of January 4; *denotes a team who has clinched a playoff spot.
You’ll notice many teams above without odds. Many of them have either clinched a playoff spot or have been eliminated from contention already. You can see the playoff picture in our NFL playoff bracket.
The following teams made the AFC playoffs:
- Tennessee Titans
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Buffalo Bills
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Las Vegas Raiders
- New England Patriots
- Pittsburgh Steelers
Here are some notes on the NFL playoff odds movement:
- [January 4] With a win over the Broncos in Week 17, the Chargers’ odds to make the NFL playoffs have improved from +130 to -150. In spite of losing to the Raiders on Sunday, the Colts are still given -1200 odds to make the playoffs, as they need a win over the Jags in Week 18.
- [December 29] The Chiefs have officially clinched a playoff berth after Week 16. The Bengals win over the Ravens saw their odds to make the playoffs improve from an average of -133 to -400. The Bills also recorded a big win on Sunday, beating the Patriots to take back the top spot in the AFC East, and saw their odds to make the playoffs go from -525 to now off the board.
- [December 22] With a win over the Broncos in Week 15, along with Ravens and Browns losses, the Bengals’ odds to make the playoffs improved to -136. Cleveland’s odds fell from +104 to +410.
- [December 14] The Ravens saw their playoff hopes fade significantly, from -500 to -205, after losing to the Browns in Week 14. With the win, Cleveland’s playoff odds improved from +245 to +104, the eighth-best odds in the conference.
- [December 7] The Bills saw their odds to make the playoffs go from -1100 to an average of -475 after losing to the Patriots in Week 13, and falling 1.5-games back of New England in the AFC East. Cincinnati also saw their odds fade after losing to the Chargers. The Bengals now have better odds to miss the playoffs.
- [November 30] Thanks to their sixth straight win and a half-game lead on the Bills in the AFC East, the Patriots now have the second-best odds to make the playoffs among AFC teams. The Bengals saw their playoff odds improve from an average of -118 to as short as -172 after embarrassing the Steelers in Week 12. The Colts went from being favored to make the playoffs ahead of Week 12 to now favored to miss them after losing to the Buccaneers.
- [November 23] The Bills, who had the best odds to make the AFC playoffs entering Week 11, saw their playoff odds fade from -4000 to -650 after they were humiliated by the Colts at home. The loss allowed the Patriots to takeover the top seed in the AFC East. The Colts also went from being favored to miss the playoffs to now favored to make them after the win.
- [November 17] After an impressive win over the Browns in Week 10, the Patriots are heavily favored to make the playoffs, possessing the fifth-best odds among AFC teams.
- [November 2] Even after losing to the Jets in Week 8, the Bengals are still favored to make the NFL playoffs. The Browns’ playoff odds faded significantly, however, thanks to being upset by the Steelers.
- [October 26] There was major odds movement in the AFC playoff odds after Week 7. Cincinnati’s huge upset of the Ravens resulted in their odds to make the playoffs going from an average of +185 to -182. The Raiders also saw big movement, going from average odds of +124 to make the playoffs to -121. Meanwhile, Kansas City is still favored to make the playoffs despite dropping to 3-4 for the season.
- [October 19] The Titans now have the third-best odds to make the playoffs among AFC teams after upsetting the Bills in Week 6. The Browns are still heavily favored to make the playoffs after losing to the Browns, and also losing Kareem Hunt to injury.
- [October 12] The Chiefs are still heavily favored to make the playoffs after losing their third game of the season, but have seen their odds fade to -360. Their NFL playoff odds were as short as -1100 earlier in the year. The Broncos are now favored to miss the playoffs after losing their second straight.
- [October 5] Despite losing to the Jets in Week 4, the Titans’ odds to make the playoffs only faded from an average of -465 to -275. The Broncos also saw their playoff odds take a hit, going from -189 to -110 after losing to the Ravens. The Chargers saw the biggest improvement, as their odds went from +105 to -205 with a win over the Raiders.
- [September 28] Though they’re still heavily favored to make the NFL playoffs, the Chiefs saw their odds fade from an average of -800 to -420 after falling to 1-2 on the season. The Bills now have the best odds to make the playoffs among AFC teams.
- [September 21] In a matter of two weeks, the Colts’ odds to make the playoffs have gone from an average of -110 to +172 thanks to their 0-2 start. The Dolphins’ odds also plummeted from -167 to +135 after they were shutout by the Bills in Week 2. The Raiders’ odds to make the playoffs went from +300 to +105 after improving to 2-0 with a win over the Steelers in Week 2.
- [September 16] The Colts saw their odds to make the playoffs plummet after a very discouraging performance in Week 1. Indianapolis was -110 to get in prior to Sunday, but are now +112. The Bills and Ravens also saw their odds worsen after both were upset in Week 1, but they are still favored to get in. The chase for the final few spots really tightened as Denver, Tennessee (thanks to Indianapolis’ loss), and Miami now have better odds to make the playoffs than miss.
- [September 3] The Colts’ odds to make the playoffs have taken a big hit, dropping from an average of -188 to -110, largely due to the health concerns of Carson Wentz and their offensive line.
- [June 7] After the Titans acquired Julio Jones from the Falcons, their odds to make the NFL playoffs went from an average of -132 to -152. As a result, Indianapolis saw their NFL playoff odds worsen from -196 to -188.
- [May 3] With rumors of Denver being Aaron Rodgers’ preferred destination, the Broncos’ odds to make the playoffs have jumped from +285 to an average of +157. Houston’s playoff odds continue to fade as Deshaun Watson’s situation remains undecided. The Texans’ odds have gone from +550 to +635.
- [March 30] Based off the opening odds to make the 2021-22 NFL playoffs, the following teams will make it from the AFC: Kansas City, Baltimore, Buffalo, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Tennessee, and then one of Miami, New England, or Pittsburgh.
Closing NFC Playoff Odds
|Team||Odds to Make NFL Playoffs||Odds to Miss Playoffs|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers*||—||—|
|Green Bay Packers*||—||—|
|Los Angeles Rams*||—||—|
|San Francisco 49ers||-145||+110|
|New Orleans Saints||+110||-140|
|New York Giants||—||—|
|Washington Football Team||—||—|
*Odds as of January 4; *denotes a team who has clinched a playoff spot
The following teams made the NFC playoffs:
- Green Bay Packers
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Dallas Cowboys
- Los Angeles Rams
- Arizona Cardinals
- San Francisco 49ers
- Philadelphia Eagles
Here are some notes on the NFL playoff odds movement:
- [January 4] The race for the last wildcard spot in the NFC is down to the 49ers and Saints. San Francisco’s odds to make the playoffs faded from -300 to -145 in spite of them beating the Texans in Week 17. The move is a result of the Rams, their Week 18 opponent, not clinching their division title this past week. This means LA has plenty of reason to play this coming Sunday. The Saints’ NFL playoff odds improved from +150 to +110 with their victory over the Panthers.
- [December 29] An Eagles victory over the Giants, paired with the Saints losing to the Dolphins, in Week 16 has resulted in Philadelphia’s odds to make the playoffs improving from +125 to -250. New Orleans’ playoff odds only faded from +128 to +150 with the loss. All of the Buccaneers, Packers, Cowboys, Rams, and Cardinals have officially clinched playoff spots.
- [December 22] The Saints’ odds to make the playoffs went from +300 to +128 after beating the Buccaneers in Week 15. The Eagles also saw their playoff odds improve, going from +198 to +125 with a win over Washington.
- [December 14] The 49ers saw their odds to make the playoffs improve from -230 to -370 with a win over the Bengals in Week 14. Washington’s odds went the other way thanks to their loss to the Cowboys, fading from +114 to +230.
- [December 7] With a win over the Raiders in Week 13, the Washington Football Team saw their odds to make the playoffs improve from +380 to as short as +114. Washington is only two games back of Dallas in the NFC East and currently sit in the final wild card spot in the NFC.
- [November 30] Though none of them have actually clinched a playoff spot yet, all of Arizona, Green Bay, and Tampa Bay have seen their odds to make the playoffs removed from the board at FanDuel and DraftKings. The 49ers saw their playoff odds improve significantly after beating the Vikings in Week 12. San Francisco’s odds improved from -103 to as short as -300.
- [November 23] The Saints went from being favored to make the playoffs to now favored to miss them after a bad Week 11 loss to the Eagles. Even after beating Green Bay, Minnesota is still given identical -110 odds to make and miss the playoffs.
- [November 17] The Panthers saw their odds to make the playoffs improve from +1030 to +330 after a big win over the Cardinals in Cam Newton’s return to the team. Minnesota also saw their odds improve after beating the Chargers. The Vikings’ playoff odds went from +260 to +149.
- [November 2] The Saints became heavy favorites to make the NFL playoffs after upsetting the Bucs in Week 8. The Vikings’ odds to make the playoffs didn’t fade much after losing to the Dak Prescott-less Cowboys.
- [October 26] After an ugly loss to the Colts in Week 7, the 49ers’ odds to make the playoffs have plummeted from an average of +114 to +245. Minnesota now has the seventh-best odds to make the playoffs among NFC teams.
- [October 19] The Panthers’ odds to make the playoffs have plummeted over the last three weeks, and are now listed as long as +380.
- [October 12] The Seahawks’ odds to make the NFL playoffs have plummeted from an average of -152 to +278 after Russell Wilson badly sprained his finger against the Rams in Week 5. Sportsbooks obviously do not have any faith in Geno Smith keeping the team together while Wilson is sidelined for a handful of weeks.
- [October 5] The Cardinals saw the most dramatic shift after Week 4, with their playoff odds improving from an average of -138 to -405 thanks to a convincing win over the Rams. The Saints are no longer favored to make the playoffs after losing to the Giants, and the 49ers saw their odds worsen from -228 to -130 after losing to the Seahawks.
- [September 28] The Saints are favored to make the playoffs again after beating the Patriots in Week 3. The Seahawks’ average odds still favor them to make the playoffs as well, in spite of being upset by the Vikings. San Francisco also saw their odds fade, dropping from -370 to -228 thanks to their heartbreaking loss to the Packers.
- [September 21] The Saints are favored to miss the playoffs again after losing to the Panthers in Week 2. The Cardinals, on the other hand, are now favored to make the playoffs after starting the season 2-0.
- [September 16] The Packers’ odds to make the playoffs took a small hit after being upset by the Saints in Week 1. Green Bay’s odds were -315 prior to the season but have since moved to -228. The Saints odds improved significantly, though, going from +110 to -162.
- [September 3] With the Bears standing firm on starting Andy Dalton, mixed with Aaron Rodgers returning to the Packers, Chicago’s odds to make the playoffs have worsened from an average of +171 to +213. The San Francisco 49ers, on the other hand, have seen their playoff odds improve from -180 to -215.
- [June 7] The Falcons’ odds to make the NFL playoffs fell from an average of +211 to +225 after trading away star wide receiver Julio Jones.
- [May 3] Uncertainty around Aaron Rodgers’ future has resulted in the Green Bay Packers’ odds to make the playoffs being pulled off the board for now. The Chicago Bears’ odds improved from an average of +220 to +157 after moving up in the draft for Justin Fields.
- [March 30] Based off the opening NFL playoff odds, the following teams are expected to make the 2022 NFL playoffs from the NFC: Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Los Angeles (Rams), Dallas, San Francisco, New Orleans, and Seattle.