2022 NFL Draft Odds: First Overall Pick & Draft Props
- Look back to the 2022 NFL Draft odds
- Travon Walker went first-overall, but he wasn’t always the favorite
- Looking for the latest NFL Draft odds?
At SBD, we tracked all the NFL Draft odds and props available across all sportsbooks. Among others, we have odds to be taken with the first overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, draft position over/unders, first player taken at each position, among others.
The Jacksonville Jaguars selected first-overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, began Thursday, April 28 and ran through April 30. They selected Georgia standout pass-rusher Travon Walker.
The odds in the graphs below are an average from multiple sportsbooks and were be updated with every major change.
Odds to Be 1st Pick | 2nd Pick | 3rd Pick | 4th Pick | 5th Pick | Draft Position Over/Unders | Top 5/10 Pick | Odds to Be 1st QB Taken | 1st RB | 1st WR | 1st OL | 1st LB | 1st CB | 1st Rd Position Totals | School & Conference | 1st Round Draft Order
NFL Draft Odds on First Overall Pick
Georgia’s Travon Walker is the new favorite to be selected first-overall in the 2022 NFL Draft. He overtook Michigan’s Aidan Hutchinson as the favorite just a few days before the draft.
Walker’s odds are as short as -450 at Caesars Sportsbook. If you still find yourself liking Hutchinson, you need to take advantage of his +500 odds at FanDuel. Be sure you check out all the FanDuel promos before signing up, though.
Odds to Be First-Overall NFL Pick
|Travon Walker (EDGE)||-450|
|Ikem Ekwonu (OT)||+350|
|Aidan Hutchinson (EDGE)||+430|
|Evan Neal (OT)||+1500|
|Kayvon Thibodeaux (EDGE)||+5000|
|Malik Willis (QB)||+8000|
|Charles Cross (OT)||+10000|
|Kenny Pickett (QB)||+12500|
|Kyle Hamilton (S)||+12500|
|Jordan Davis (DL)||+12500|
*Odds as of April 28 at Caesars Sportsbook
If you bet $20 on Walker, the favorite to be taken first-overall, at his -450 odds on Caesars Sportsbook, you’d only stand to win $4.44 and return $24.44. If you think Jacksonville likes Aidan Hutchinson better, a $20 bet on the Michigan product at +500 odds would win you $100 and return $120.
Here are some notes on the odds movement we’ve seen:
- [April 28] The Jacksonville Jaguars selected Travon Walker with the first-overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft
- [April 28] Odds have continued to move in Travon Walker’s favor to be the first-overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft. Walker is now -450 to be the first player taken in tonight’s draft. Aidan Hutchinson’s odds have continued to slide, going from +160 to +430. Ikem Ekwonu now has the second-best odds to be the first pick.
- [April 25] Travon Walker’s rise up the board continues as he has now reached the top. Walker is the new favorite to go first-overall in the latest NFL Draft odds. The Georgia pass-rusher is the fourth different player to be listed as the favorite. Walker’s odds have shortened to -220, while Aidan Hutchinson has the second-best odds at +160.
- [April 13] Aidan Hutchinson’s odds to be the first-overall pick have improved from -220 to -275. Travon Walker’s odds have also improved from +350 to +275.
- [April 4] Malik Willis’ odds to be taken first-overall have gone from +3000 to +1000, which are the third-best odds on the board. Willis’ improving odds would suggest sportsbooks feel Jacksonville may be open to trading the first pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, since they already took Trevor Lawrence first-overall last year.
- [March 24] Prior to the month of March, former Georgia defensive end Travon Walker was not even on the board for odds to go first-overall. However, after showing off extremely rare athleticism at the NFL Combine, he found himself with +2267 odds to be taken first in the 2022 NFL Draft. Walker’s odds have taken another huge leap, as he now has the second-best odds to go first-overall. His +450 odds only trail Aidan Hutchinson. His insane move up the board has resulted in just about everyone else’s odds taking a hit.
- [March 15] The Jaguars have continued addressing their needs on the offensive line through free agency, adding Brandon Scherff to the mix. The result to the odds to go first overall in the NFL Draft has been Aidan Hutchinson moving from a -150 favorite to a wild -400 favorite. All of Ekwonu, Neal, and Thibodeaux saw their odds fade significantly.
- [March 8] With the Jaguars placing the franchise tag on Cam Robinson, Aidan Hutchinson is back to being the favorite to go first overall in the 2022 NFL Draft. Hutchinson’s odds went from +550 to -150 in a matter of 24 hours. The former Michigan edge rusher overtakes Evan Neal as the favorite, and even saw Ikem Ekwonu given better odds as recently as yesterday. But offensive tackle becomes less of a need for Jacksonville with them keeping Robinson. Neal and Ekwonu’s odds dropped to +380. Even Kayvon Thibodeaux sees some positive movement in the odds to be taken first with this news, going from +1800 to +800.
- [March 7] After a very strong showing at the NFL Combine, Ikem Ekwonu has seen his odds to be taken first-overall improve dramatically. Ekwonu was as long as +800 only a couple of weeks ago, but is now given 2-1 odds or better at almost all sportsbooks. FOX Bet even has him listed as the odds-on favorite over Evan Neal. Every other sportsbook still lists Neal as the favorite, though, with DraftKings being the lone book to call him the odds-on favorite to go first overall still.
- [March 4] Evan Neal has become the odds-on favorite to be selected first-overall in the 2022 NFL Draft after a picture of the big tackle began circulating yesterday, displaying his impressive physique at nearly 240 pounds. The Alabama product appears to be basically all muscle. His odds improved from +165 in late February to -120 now. Ikem Ekwonu, who is believed to be the second-best tackle in the draft, also saw his odds improve from +800 to +400 following a meeting with the Jaguars, who hold the first-overall pick. Kayvon Thibodeaux, on the other hand, saw his fall from the top continue. Once the favorite, Thibodeaux saw his odds fade to +425 in February and is now listed as long as +1200.
- [February 23] Alabama offensive tackle Evan Neal has become the new favorite to be selected first overall in the 2022 NFL Draft. This lines up with Jacksonville’s, who holds the first-overall pick, need for help up front of the offensive line. Kayvon Thibodeaux, who was the favorite for a while, has seen his odds fade all the way to +425.
- [January 19] Michigan defensive end Aidan Hutchinson has overtaken Kayvon Thibodeaux for the best odds to be selected first-overall in the 2022 NFL Draft.
- [October 26] Kayvon Thibodeaux has become the odds-on favorite to be taken first-overall in the 2022 NFL Draft. The Oregon defensive end has recorded three sacks in his last two games. Spencer Rattler, on the other hand, was benched a couple weeks ago and a transfer from Oklahoma seems possible. Rattler’s odds to be taken first-overall have now plummeted to +2000.
- [September 29] Oregon pass-rusher Kayvon Thibodeaux has become the new favorite to be taken first-overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, despite dealing with an ankle injury early in the season. Thibodeaux becoming the favorite is more about Oklahoma’s Spencer Rattler struggling early in the season, though.
- [July 27] Spencer Rattler remains the favorite to be taken first overall at most sportsbooks, but some list UNC quarterback Sam Howell as the favorite to go first overall
- [May 13] Oklahoma quarterback Spencer Rattler has opened as the favorite to be selected first overall in the 2022 NFL Draft
Previous NFL First Overall Picks
|Year||1st Overall Pick|
|2021||Trevor Lawrence (QB)|
|2020||Joe Burrow (QB)|
|2019||Kyler Murray (QB)|
|2018||Baker Mayfield (QB)|
|2017||Myles Garrett (DE)|
Here are a few trends to note with the first overall pick:
- Notre Dame, USC, and Oklahoma are tied for the most first overall picks coming from their respective schools with five each
- Here’s the positional breakdown of the 86 total first overall picks: 34 have been quarterbacks, 23 running backs, 15 defensive linemen, seven offensive linemen, three wide receivers, three linebackers, and one defensive back
- The first overall pick has been a quarterback in each of the last four drafts, and six of the last seven
- No running back has been selected first overall since Ki-Jana Carter in 1995
- Three of the last four first overall picks won the Heisman Trophy in their final college season – Trevor Lawrence, the most recent first overall pick, did not
Odds to Be 2nd-Overall Pick
|Aidan Hutchinson (EDGE)||-210|
|Kayvon Thibodeaux (EDGE)||+150|
|Travon Walker (EDGE)||+1200|
|Jermaine Johnson (EDGE)||+1600|
|Ahmad Gardner (CB)||+5000|
|Derek Stingley Jr (CB)||+5000|
|Malik Willis (QB)||+5000|
|Evan Neal (OT)||+10000|
|Kyle Hamilton (S)||+10000|
|Ikem Ekwonu (OT)||+10000|
*Odds as of April 28 at FanDuel Sportsbook App
The Detroit Lions hold the second overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft. Their positions of need include safety, edge defender, linebacker, and wide receiver. Sportsbooks obviously don’t believe there’s a wide receiver worth taking at no. 2, as no receivers are even on the board.
Though Aidan Hutchinson was heavily favored to go first overall, he also opened as the favorite to go second overall. Hutchinson was only a slight favorite here, given +290 odds, as safety Kyle Hamilton is a close second at +300.
However, within hours of the odds opening, they changed dramatically. Malik Willis and Kyle Hamilton were listed as the co-favorites to be selected with the second-overall pick, each given +380 odds. Willis’ odds opened at a lengthy +750. Hutchinson’s odds faded to +500 at this point.
As of late March, though, Hamilton had pulled away as the favorite with +350 odds compared to Willis’ +400 odds. That changed as we entered April. Hamilton’s odds are now as long as +1600 as Hutchinson took over as the favorite.
One player picking up serious steam is Travon Walker. The Georgia product was given +1000 odds to go second-overall when odds opened, but had shortened to just +350, the second-best odds on the board. He was only behind Aidan Hutchinson for the best odds to be taken second-overall, until he overtook Hutchinson as the favorite to go first-overall on April 25.
For a brief period during the week before the NFL Draft, Kayvon Thibodeax had become the favorite to be taken second-overall by the Lions. Thibodeaux now has the second-best odds as Hutchinson is back to being the odds-on favorite to go second. Hutchinson’s odds are listed at -210 compared to Thibodeaux’s +150.
Odds to Be 3rd-Overall Pick
|Derek Stingley Jr (CB)||-105|
|Ikem Ekwonu (OT)||+200|
|Aidan Hutchinson (EDGE)||+500|
|Ahmad Gardner (CB)||+600|
|Kayvon Thibodeaux (EDGE)||+1400|
|Evan Neal (OT)||+1900|
|Travon Walker (EDGE)||+1900|
|Malik Willis (QB)||+5000|
|Kenny Pickett (QB)||+5000|
*Odds as of April 28 at FanDuel
The Houston Texans hold the third-overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft. When looking up and down their roster, it is tough to find a position of strength. The Texans could really go in any direction with this pick. If they decide to go with the best player on the board, that is likely to be either Ikem Ekwonu or Evan Neal, the top two offensive tackles in this year’s draft.
Ekwonu opened as the favorite to be selected third-overall by the Texans, given +195 odds, slightly better than Neal at +210. However, it only took a couple hours for those odds to flip. Neal became the favorite at +210, with Ekwonu at +220. Malik Willis’ odds improved significantly in the first couple hours of these odds being open, going from +1200 to +700.
As of late March, Ekwonu had reclaimed the top spot with +200 odds compared to Neal’s +230. The gap between the two has continued to widen to start April. Neither of these two offensive linemen find their names atop the odds board to go third-overall the week of the NFL Draft, though.
The new co-favorites to be taken by the Texans were Travon Walker and Ahmad Gardner as of Monday. They were each given +350 odds to be taken third, but now Derek Stingley has taken over as the favorite on draft day with -105 odds. Stingley was as long as +600 a few days ago.
Odds to Be 4th-Overall Pick
|Ahmad Gardner (CB)||+150|
|Ikem Ekwonu (OT)||+430|
|Aidan Hutchinson (EDGE)||+430|
|Jermaine Johnson (EDGE)||+850|
|Kayvon Thibodeaux (EDGE)||+900|
|Derek Stingley Jr (CB)||+2000|
|Drake London (WR)||+2000|
|Evan Neal (OT)||+2300|
|Garrett Wilson (WR)||+2300|
*Odds as of April 28 at FanDuel
Odds to be the fourth-overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft opened in early April. The New York Jets currently hold the fourth pick in the draft. The Jets could really benefit from some help on either line, offensive or defensive, but specifically a good pass-rusher, a good safety, linebacker, and another wide receiver.
Kayvon Thibodeaux, a highly-touted pass-rusher from Oregon, opened as the favorite to be the fourth-overall pick with +300 odds. Jermaine Johnson and Travon Walker, both pass-rushers, were also given short odds to be taken in this spot by the Jets.
As of mid-April, Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner is now listed as the co-favorite to be taken fourth-overall, alongside Thibodeaux. The week of the draft has seen Thibodeaux take back the top spot on the board, with +175 odds to go fourth-overall, only to give it right back to Gardner on draft day. Sauce is now as short as +150 to be taken fourth-overall. Thibodeaux has faded all the way back to +900.
Odds to Be 5th-Overall Pick
|Charles Cross (OT)||+175|
|Evan Neal (OT)||+300|
|Ikem Ekwonu (OT)||+400|
|Ahmad Gardner (CB)||+400|
|Kayvon Thibodeaux (EDGE)||+800|
|Aidan Hutchinson (EDGE)||+1800|
|Jermaine Johnson (EDGE)||+2000|
|Derek Stingley Jr (CB)||+2000|
|Travon Walker (EDGE)||+2500|
*Odds as of April 28 at DraftKings; if you’re not already signed up, check out the best DraftKings promos before registering.
Odds to be selected with the fifth pick in the 2022 NFL Draft opened in early April. The New York Giants currently hold the fifth-overall pick, and appear to be in need of offensive linemen, an inside linebacker (or two), and even some help on the edge.
Ikem Ekwonu and Evan Neal, two offensive linemen, opened as the co-favorites be taken fifth in the draft. Ekwonu broke away as the favorite, though, as we approach the draft. A pass-rusher comes up third on the board, as Kayvon Thibodeaux is given +350 odds.
The week of the draft has now seen Ekwonu and Neal listed as co-favorites again, as fellow offensive lineman Charles Cross sees his odds improve from +1000 to +450. On draft day, we’ve now seen Cross leap both Ekwonu and Neal to be the new favorite to go fifth-overall.
NFL Draft Position Over/Unders
|Player||Draft Position||Over Odds||Under Odds|
|Jermaine Johnson II||9.5||-115||-115|
|Andrew Booth Jr||28.5||-190||+150|
Lines above as of April 25 at DraftKings Sportsbook App.
When looking to bet player draft position over/unders, be sure you understand what you are betting. If you bet the over, you are saying that player will be drafted later than the line set. If you bet the under, you are saying the player will be drafted earlier than the line set.
Sportsbooks have started opening some lines for the top prospects in the 2022 NFL Draft, but we will see plenty more become available over the next couple of weeks.
One interesting line from above is Evan Neal, who opened with a line of 1.5, but the line has fallen all the way to 3.5 with the over listed at -145 odds. This has come as a result of the Jaguars using the franchise tag on offensive tackle Cam Robinson and signing Brandon Scherff in free agency. The odds even favor Ikem Ekwonu going ahead of Neal now.
Both Charles Cross and Kyle Hamilton have also seen their over/unders grow as we enter April.
Odds to Be a Top Pick in NFL Draft
|Player||Odds to Be Top 5 Pick||Odds to Be Top 10 Pick|
|Derek Stingley Jr||+350||-200|
|Jermaine Johnson II||+400||-140|
|Andrew Booth Jr||N/A||+1800|
Odds as of April 25
Odds to be a top five and top ten pick have opened at online sportsbooks. If you’re wondering why Aidan Hutchinson isn’t included above, it’s because sportsbooks are saying he’s a sure thing to be one of the first five players off the board on Thursday, April 28.
It’s the same reason players like Travon Walker, Ikem Ekwonu, and Evan Neal are given odds to be a top five pick, but do not have odds to be a top ten pick.
One player to watch is Jameson Williams, whose odds to be a top ten pick opened at +1500 but have not shortened to just +200. Derek Stingley is also seeing some strong movement leading up to the draft, as his odds to be a top five pick have gone from +2000 to just +350.
Odds to Be First Quarterback Selected in NFL Draft
|Quarterback||Odds to Be First QB Taken|
Odds as of April 25 at FanDuel Sportsbook.
The 2022 NFL Draft is not believed to be loaded with franchise-altering quarterbacks. It is highly likely we will see a position other than quarterback taken with the first-overall pick for the first time since 2017, when the Browns took Myles Garrett first overall.
It’s even reasonable to not see a QB selected in the top ten picks, should the Panthers, Falcons, and Seahawks opt to address other needs with the sixth, eighth, and ninth-overall picks, respectively.
Looking to the group of QB prospects, Pitt’s Kenny Pickett was given the best odds to be the first quarterback selected in the 2022 NFL Draft when betting lines opened. Pickett was the slight favorite over Liberty’s Malik Willis, but has seen Willis overtake him now.
Pickett’s odds went from +120 to +150 after the quarterback’s hands measured in at just 8.5 inches. Most NFL quarterbacks measure in around 9.5 inches, so Pickett’s hand is quite small. The last quarterback to have a successful NFL career with 8.5-inch hands was Mike Vick. Pickett is now listed as long as +200.
Willis’ odds improved from +150 to +110 on March 3rd, following Pickett’s hand measurement. His odds continued improving over the next 24 hours, landing Willis as the odds-on favorite as of Friday, March 4. The Liberty product is now given -140 odds to be the first QB taken in the 2022 NFL Draft. Pickett’s odds are also just +150, as this has really become a two-horse race. Desmond Ridder has seen his odds improve significantly as we lead up to draft night, landing at +1000, as Matt Corral and Sam Howell have seen their odds fade significantly.
Odds to Be First Running Back Selected in NFL Draft
|Running Back||Odds to Be First RB Taken|
|Kenneth Walker III||+280|
|Brian Robinson Jr||+4000|
Odds as of April 25
Breece Hall, who played at Iowa State from 2019-2021, is the heavily favored to be the first running back taken in the 2022 NFL Draft. Hall is given -250 odds, meaning you’d have to bet $250 on him to just win $100.
Kenneth Walker has the second-best odds to be the first RB selected, listed at +280.
Odds to Be First Wide Receiver Selected in NFL Draft
|Wide Receiver||Odds to Be First WR Taken|
Odds as of April 25
Former Ohio State receiver Garrett Wilson has opened as the favorite to be the first wide receiver selected in the 2022 NFL Draft. Wilson’s odds were listed as short as +100, while USC product Drake London was a close second at +175 odds.
The odds shifted as we entered April, though, and the two were seen as co-favorites at +125 odds. Wilson has since broken away as the favorite again, and he’s now the odds-on favorite to be the first wide receiver taken at -125. Jameson Williams is making major moves on the board, as his odds have improved from +600 to +220, which are the second-best odds.
Odds to Be First Offensive Lineman Selected in NFL Draft
|Offensive Lineman||Odds to Be First OL Taken|
Odds as of April 25
Though Evan Neal may have gotten more media attention during the NFL Combine, it is Ikem Ekwonu who is favored to be the first offensive lineman selected in the 2022 NFL Draft. Ekwonu’s odds are listed at -150, giving him a 60% implied probability of being the first OL to come off the board.
Neal is not far behind at +200, but these two were clearly above the rest of the field up until the week of the draft. Charles Cross has changed that, though, as his odds have improved from +1400 to +450 to be the first offensive lineman taken.
Odds to Be First Linebacker Selected in NFL Draft
|Linebacker||Odds to Be First CB Taken|
Odds as of April 25
Devin Lloyd has opened as the heavy odds-on favorite to be the first linebacker selected in the 2022 NFL Draft. Lloyd’s odds opened at -450, with Nakobe Dean given the second-best odds at +300. Lloyd’s odds have now improved to -550.
Odds to Be First Corner Selected in NFL Draft
|Cornerback||Odds to Be First CB Taken|
|Derek Stingley Jr||+250|
|Andrew Booth Jr||+5000|
Odds as of April 25
**Derek Stingley Jr was surprisingly the first corner selected in the 2022 NFL Draft, offering a nice +250 (or longer) payday for those who bet him.
Ahmad Gardner is the favorite to be the first cornerback taken in the 2022 NFL Draft. Gardner is a heavy odds-on favorite at -500 odds, with Derek Stingley Jr listed second on the board at +250 odds.
First Round Position Totals
|Position||Total||Over Odds||Under Odds|
Lines above as of April 25
Though quarterbacks may not be taken super early in the 2022 NFL Draft, the over/under for number of QBs selected in the first round was set at 3.5. Malik Willis and Kenny Pickett are almost certainties to be taken in the first round, and then sportsbooks obviously felt one of Matt Corral or Sam Howell had a shot as well. We’ve seen the over/under move to 2.5 now, though.
The odds say no running backs will be selected in the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft. The over/under on running backs taken in the first round is 0.5 with the under getting -190 odds. A running back has been taken in the first round of every draft since 2014, when Bishop Sankey was the first to come off the board at pick 54.
NFL Draft College & Conference Props
|Conference||Line||Over Odds||Under Odds|
The line for total SEC players taken in the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft is a whopping 10.5. The over is also favored with -135 odds. The next highest conference is the Big Ten, whose line is set at 6.5.
Odds to Be First Georgia Bulldogs Player Drafted
**Travon Walker was the first Georgia Bulldog selected in the draft.
The reigning CFP national champions, the Georgia Bulldogs, have a ton of talented players entering the 2022 NFL Draft. The odds favor Travon Walker being the first one taken, with Jordan Davis in second with +750 odds. Walker is a heavy -1600 favorite.
It is notable that no offensive players are even given odds here.
2022 NFL Draft Order – First Round
|4||New York Jets|
|5||New York Giants|
|7||New York Giants (from CHI)|
|9||Seattle Seahawks (from DEN)|
|10||New York Jets (from SEA)|
|13||Houston Texans (from CLE)|
|15||Philadelphia Eagles (from MIA)|
|16||New Orleans Saints (from IND through PHI)|
|17||Los Angeles Chargers|
|18||Philadelphia Eagles (from NO)|
|19||New Orleans Saints (from PHI)|
|21||New England Patriots|
|22||Green Bay Packers (from LV)|
|27||Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|28||Green Bay Packers|
|29||Kansas City Chiefs (from SF through MIA)|
|30||Kansas City Chiefs|
|32||Detroit Lions (from LAR)|
The draft order above is accurate as of April 15. We will update here if any first-round picks are traded between now and April 28.
Odds to Select First Overall in 2022 NFL Draft
Odds to Pick First in NFL Draft
|New York Jets||+350|
|New York Giants||+700|
|Washington Football Team||+2500|
Odds as of October 26.
To start the 2021 NFL season, the Houston Texans had the lowest NFL win total. This would suggest they were the favorite to get the first pick in the 2022 NFL Draft at this point. The Detroit Lions were just ahead of them.
- [September 29] After the first three weeks of the NFL season, the Jacksonville Jaguars have emerged as the favorites to get the first pick in the 2022 NFL Draft. The Lions and Jets are just behind the Jaguars in the odds.