2024 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds Tracker – Wembanyama Favored Over Holmgren
- Who are the top contenders for the 2024 Rookie of the Year Award?
- Victor Wembanyama is the betting favorite early in the regular season followed by Chet Holmgren and Ausar Thompson
- Track how the NBA ROY odds fluctuate throughout the 2023-24 NBA season
This page monitors the odds to win the 2024 NBA Rookie of the Year award. The main graph below is generated by calculating the average NBA Rookie of the Year odds at legal online sportsbooks in North America.
2024 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
BET $5 ON NBA & GET $150 IN BONUS BETS + A NO SWEAT SGP EVERY DAY!
- BETMGM SPORTSBOOK
FIRST NBA BET OFFER: UP TO $1,500 PAID BACK
- CAESARS SPORTSBOOK
GET UP TO $1,000 BACK - ON CAESARS!
- FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK
BET $5 & GET $150 IF YOUR BET WINS!
- BET365 SPORTSBOOK
BET $5 & GET $150 IN BONUS BETS!
- Nov. 4, 2023: A massive 38-point, 10-rebound game during a 132-121 road upset of the Suns, led San Antonio’s Wembanyama to shorten to roughly -400.
- Oct. 26, 2023: Wembanyama has improved modestly (-130 to -140) in the early going of the regular as has new NBA ROY second-favorite Chet Holmgren (+385 to +320).
- July 10, 2023: First-overall pick Wembanyama is the odds-on favorite in the early 2024 NBA Rookie of the Year odds at -152 on average, but #2 pick Scoot Henderson (+341) and Chet Holmgren (+385), who missed most of last season due to injury, are both close behind.
2024 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds
|Chet Holmgren (OKC)||-130|
|Victor Wembanyama (SA)||-105|
|Ausar Thompson (DET)||+8000|
|Brandon Miller (CHA)||+15000|
|Scoot Henderson (POR)||+20000|
|Jaime Jaquez Jr (MIA)||+25000|
|Jordan Hawkins (NO)||+35000|
|Keyonte George (UTA)||+40000|
|Bilal Coulibaly (WSH)||+40000|
|Dereck Lively (DAL)||+40000|
|Amen Thompson (HOU)||+40000|
|Marcus Sasser (DET)||+50000|
|Gradey Dick (TOR)||+50000|
|Cason Wallace (OKC)||+50000|
|Brandin Podziemski (GSW)||+50000|
Odds as of Nov. 30, 2023, at DraftKings. Claim the DraftKings promo code to bet on the NBA.
For those of you located in Ontario, online sports betting is live with a whole host of Ontario sportsbook apps now available for Canadians. BetMGM Ontario and Caesars Sportsbook Ontario are some of the major sportsbooks to be welcomed into Ontario first.
NBA Teams with the Most Rookie of the Year Winners
The Golden State Warriors haven’t always been the toast of the NBA. Long before they were winning back-to-back championships they were routinely finishing near the bottom of the standings.
Those poor finishes netted them first rate players like Chris Webber, Mitch Richmond, Jamaal Wilkes, Rick Barry, Wilt Chamberlain, and Wood Sauldsberry, all of whom won Rookie of the Year honors.
Past 10 NBA Rookie of the Year Winners
|2023||Paolo Banchero||Orlando Magic||1|
|2022||Scottie Barnes||Toronto Raptors||4|
|2021||LaMelo Ball||Charlotte Hornets||3|
|2020||Ja Morant||Memphis Grizzlies||2|
|2019||Luka Doncic||Dallas Mavericks||3|
|2018||Ben Simmons||Philadelphia 76ers||1|
|2017||Malcolm Brogdon||Milwaukee Bucks||36|
|2016||Karl-Anthony Towns||Minnesota Timberwolves||1|
|2015||Andrew Wiggins||Minnesota Timberwolves||1|
|2014||Michael Carter-Williams||Philadelphia 76ers||11|
|2013||Damian Lillard||Portland Trail Blazers||6|
Rookie of the Year Trends Based off Draft Position
- Since 1990, the NBA Rookie of the Year award has gone to the first pick in the draft 15 times
- Since 1990, the NBA Rookie of the Year award has only been given to a second-round selection just once (Malcolm Brogdon in 2017)
Rookie of the Year Trends Based off Position
- The award has gone to a primary ball-handler in nine of the past 13 years
- Power forwards and centers won five of the first six NBA Rookie of the Year awards
- The NBA Rookie of the Year award has only been won just three times by a player who was 6’0” tall or shorter: Ernie DiGregorio (1974), Damon Stoudamire (1996), Chris Paul (2006)
NBA Rookie Records
|Most points in a season: 2,707||Wilt Chamberlain (Warriors)||1959-60|
|Most minutes played in a season: 3,695||Elvin Hayes (Rockets)||1968-69|
|Most rebounds in a season: 1,941||Wilt Chamberlain (Warriors)||1959-60|
|Most assists in a season: 868||Mark Jackson (Knicks)||1987-88|
|Most steals in a season: 211||Dudley Bradley (Pacers)||1979-80|
|Most blocks in a season: 397||Manute Bol (Bullets)||1985-86|
|Most three-pointers made in a season: 158||Kerry Kittles (Nets)||1996-97|
Wilt Chamberlain was a rookie in name only when he entered the league in 1959. The Big Dipper led the Association in scoring, rebounding, and minutes played that season and became the first player in NBA history to win Rookie of the Year and MVP honors in the same season.