2021 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds Tracker
- Who are the top contenders for the 2021 NBA Rookie of the Year Award?
- LaMelo Ball has opened as the favorite at odds of +395 after being drafted #3 overall by Charlotte
- Track how the odds fluctuate throughout the 2020-21 NBA season
We’ve been tracking the odds to win the 2021 NBA Rookie of the Year Award all year long and have included the data below. The main graph on this page has been generated by calculating the average from many of our most trusted sportsbooks.
2021 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds
- [November 19] LaMelo Ball is likely to have a long leash and a chance to run the Hornets offense, which puts him in pole position as opening favorite. Anthony Edwards goes to Minnesota with odds of +465 and James Wiseman will man the C spot for Golden State at average odds of +540
2021 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds
Odds taken November 19th
Getting drafted by his hometown Knicks, former Dayton sensation Obi Toppin should have a chance to put up big numbers in New York while wowing crowds at the Garden. Killian Hayes also has a big opportunity for a rebuilding Pistons team.
NBA Teams with the Most Rookie of the Year Winners
The Golden State Warriors haven’t always been the toast of the NBA. Long before they were winning back-to-back championships they were routinely finishing near the bottom of the standings.
Those poor finishes netted them first rate players like Chris Webber, Mitch Richmond, Jamaal Wilkes, Rick Barry, Wilt Chamberlain, and Wood Sauldsberry, all of whom won Rookie of the Year honors.
Past 10 NBA Rookie of the Year Winners
|2020||Ja Morant||Memphis Grizzlies||2|
|2019||Luka Doncic||Dallas Mavericks||3|
|2018||Ben Simmons||Philadelphia 76ers||1|
|2017||Malcolm Brogdon||Milwaukee Bucks||36|
|2016||Karl-Anthony Towns||Minnesota Timberwolves||1|
|2015||Andrew Wiggins||Minnesota Timberwolves||1|
|2014||Michael Carter-Williams||Philadelphia 76ers||11|
|2013||Damian Lillard||Portland Trail Blazers||6|
|2012||Kyrie Irving||Cleveland Cavaliers||1|
|2011||Blake Griffin||Los Angeles Clippers||1|
Rookie of the Year Trends Based off Draft Position
- Since 1990, the NBA Rookie of the Year award has gone to the first pick in the draft 14 times
- Since 1990, the NBA Rookie of the Year award has only been given to a second-round selection just once (Malcolm Brogdon in 2017)
Past Rookie of the Year Winners by Position
Rookie of the Year Trends Based off Position
- The award has gone to a primary ball-handler in eight of the past 11 years
- Power forwards and centers won five of the first six NBA Rookie of the Year awards
- The NBA Rookie of the Year award has only been won just three times by a player who was 6’0” tall or shorter: Ernie DiGregorio (1974), Damon Stoudamire (1996), Chris Paul (2006)
NBA Rookie Records
|Most points in a season: 2,707||Wilt Chamberlain (Warriors)||1959-60|
|Most minutes played in a season: 3,695||Elvin Hayes (Rockets)||1968-69|
|Most rebounds in a season: 1,941||Wilt Chamberlain (Warriors)||1959-60|
|Most assists in a season: 868||Mark Jackson (Knicks)||1987-88|
|Most steals in a season: 211||Dudley Bradley (Pacers)||1979-80|
|Most blocks in a season: 397||Manute Bol (Bullets)||1985-86|
|Most three-pointers made in a season: 158||Kerry Kittles (Nets)||1996-97|
Wilt Chamberlain was a rookie in name only when he entered the league in 1959. The Big Dipper led the Association in scoring, rebounding, and minutes played that season and became the first player in NBA history to win Rookie of the Year and MVP honors in the same season.