2019 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds Tracker
- Who are the top contenders for the 2019 NBA Rookie of the Year Award?
- View the odds available for all rookies individually and see league-wide trends from past years
- Track how the odds fluctuate throughout the 2018-19 NBA season
We’ve been tracking the odds to win the 2019 NBA Rookie of the Year Award all year long and have included the data below. The graphs on this page have been generated by calculating the average from many of our most trusted sportsbooks.
2019 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds
Deandre Ayton may have been chosen first in the 2018 NBA Draft, but his odds to win the Rookie of the Year award lag behind those of Mavericks guard Luka Doncic.
The 19-year-old Slovenian sensation is hot off an outstanding season in which he became the youngest player ever to earn Euroleague MVP and Euroleague Final Four MVP honors. He should fit in well in Dallas, where he’ll get to work with the same staff that transformed fellow European export Dirk Nowitzki into a first ballot Hall of Famer.
2019 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds at BetOnline
|Player||Team||Draft Position||BetOnline Odds on 01/04/19|
|Luka Doncic||Dallas Mavericks||3||-1200|
|Deandre Ayton||Phoenix Suns||1||+800|
|Trae Young||Atlanta Hawks||5||+1600|
|Jaren Jackson Jr.||Memphis Grizzlies||4||+1600|
Can anyone catch Doncic? “Cool Hand” leads all rookies in scoring, and is second in rebounds and assists.
NBA Teams with the Most Rookie of the Year Winners
The Golden State Warriors haven’t always been the toast of the NBA. Long before they were winning back-to-back championships they were routinely finishing near the bottom of the standings.
Those poor finishes netted them first rate players like Chris Webber, Mitch Richmond, Jamaal Wilkes, Rick Barry, Wilt Chamberlain, and Wood Sauldsberry, all of whom won Rookie of the Year honors.
Past 10 NBA Rookie of the Year Winners
|2018||Ben Simmons||Philadelphia 76ers||1|
|2017||Malcolm Brogdon||Milwaukee Bucks||36|
|2016||Karl-Anthony Towns||Minnesota Timberwolves||1|
|2015||Andrew Wiggins||Minnesota Timberwolves||1|
|2014||Michael Carter-Williams||Philadelphia 76ers||11|
|2013||Damian Lillard||Portland Trail Blazers||6|
|2012||Kyrie Irving||Cleveland Cavaliers||1|
|2011||Blake Griffin||Los Angeles Clippers||1|
|2010||Tyreke Evans||Sacramento Kings||4|
|2009||Derrick Rose||Chicago Bulls||1|
Rookie of the Year Trends Based off Draft Position
- Since 1990, the NBA Rookie of the Year award has gone to the first pick in the draft 14 times
- Since 1990, the NBA Rookie of the Year award has only been given to a second-round selection just once (Malcolm Brogdon in 2017)
Past Rookie of the Year Winners by Position
Rookie of the Year Trends Based off Position
- The award has gone to a primary ball-handler in seven of the past ten years
- Power forwards and centers won five of the first six NBA Rookie of the Year awards
- The NBA Rookie of the Year award has only been won just three times by a player who was 6’0” tall or shorter: Ernie DiGregorio (1974), Damon Stoudamire (1996), Chris Paul (2006)
NBA Rookie Records
|Most points in a season: 2,707||Wilt Chamberlain (Warriors)||1959-60|
|Most minutes played in a season: 3,695||Elvin Hayes (Rockets)||1968-69|
|Most rebounds in a season: 1,941||Wilt Chamberlain (Warriors)||1959-60|
|Most assists in a season: 868||Mark Jackson (Knicks)||1987-88|
|Most steals in a season: 211||Dudley Bradley (Pacers)||1979-80|
|Most blocks in a season: 397||Manute Bol (Bullets)||1985-86|
|Most three-pointers made in a season: 158||Kerry Kittles (Nets)||1996-97|
Wilt Chamberlain was a rookie in name only when he entered the league in 1959. The Big Dipper led the Association in scoring, rebounding, and minutes played that season and became the first player in NBA history to win Rookie of the Year and MVP honors in the same season.