2020 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds Tracker
- Who are the top contenders for the 2020 NBA Rookie of the Year Award?
- View the odds available for all rookies individually and see league-wide trends from past years
- Track how the odds fluctuate throughout the 2019-20 NBA season
We’ve been tracking the odds to win the 2020 NBA Rookie of the Year Award all year long and have included the data below. The main graph on this page has been generated by calculating the average from many of our most trusted sportsbooks.
2020 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds
- [October 9] With his explosive preseason debut doing nothing but keeping the hype going, Zion Williamson is the obvious favorite, with average odds of -140
- [August 27] To the surprise of nobody, Zion Williamson is still the heavier favorite, with average odds of -150
- [August 7] Odds have been adjusted on several players with Rui Hachimura moving from +4000 to +2500, Cameron Reddish from +3500 to +5000 and De’Andre Hunter from +1800 to +2500
With all due respect to LeBron James, no player has ever entered the NBA with more hype than Zion Williamson, a high-flying highlight machine whose every movement is shared obsessively on social media. The 6’7″, 280-pound wrecking ball was a first-team All-American and the consensus National College Player of the Year during his first – and only – season at Duke, and appears to be more than ready to lay waste to the NBA.
2020 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds at Bovada
|Player||Team||Draft Position||Rookie of the Year Odds at Bovada|
|Zion Williamson||New Orleans Pelicans||1||-130|
|Ja Morant||Memphis Grizzlies||2||+350|
|RJ Barrett||New York Knicks||3||+550|
|Darius Garland||Cleveland Cavaliers||5||+1800|
|Michael Porter Jr.||Denver Nuggets||14 (2018)||+1600|
*Odds taken 10/09/19
Williamson may be famous for his rim-shaking slams, but he can do far more than just cram a ball into the net. The multi-talented forward also racked up 2.1 steals and 1.8 blocks per game at Duke and should be a defensive menace at the next level. Expect to see him swat plenty of shots deep into the third row during his eagerly anticipated rookie campaign.
NBA Teams with the Most Rookie of the Year Winners
The Golden State Warriors haven’t always been the toast of the NBA. Long before they were winning back-to-back championships they were routinely finishing near the bottom of the standings.
Those poor finishes netted them first rate players like Chris Webber, Mitch Richmond, Jamaal Wilkes, Rick Barry, Wilt Chamberlain, and Wood Sauldsberry, all of whom won Rookie of the Year honors.
Past 10 NBA Rookie of the Year Winners
|2019||Luka Doncic||Dallas Mavericks||3|
|2018||Ben Simmons||Philadelphia 76ers||1|
|2017||Malcolm Brogdon||Milwaukee Bucks||36|
|2016||Karl-Anthony Towns||Minnesota Timberwolves||1|
|2015||Andrew Wiggins||Minnesota Timberwolves||1|
|2014||Michael Carter-Williams||Philadelphia 76ers||11|
|2013||Damian Lillard||Portland Trail Blazers||6|
|2012||Kyrie Irving||Cleveland Cavaliers||1|
|2011||Blake Griffin||Los Angeles Clippers||1|
|2010||Tyreke Evans||Sacramento Kings||4|
Rookie of the Year Trends Based off Draft Position
- Since 1990, the NBA Rookie of the Year award has gone to the first pick in the draft 14 times
- Since 1990, the NBA Rookie of the Year award has only been given to a second-round selection just once (Malcolm Brogdon in 2017)
Past Rookie of the Year Winners by Position
Rookie of the Year Trends Based off Position
- The award has gone to a primary ball-handler in eight of the past 11 years
- Power forwards and centers won five of the first six NBA Rookie of the Year awards
- The NBA Rookie of the Year award has only been won just three times by a player who was 6’0” tall or shorter: Ernie DiGregorio (1974), Damon Stoudamire (1996), Chris Paul (2006)
NBA Rookie Records
|Most points in a season: 2,707||Wilt Chamberlain (Warriors)||1959-60|
|Most minutes played in a season: 3,695||Elvin Hayes (Rockets)||1968-69|
|Most rebounds in a season: 1,941||Wilt Chamberlain (Warriors)||1959-60|
|Most assists in a season: 868||Mark Jackson (Knicks)||1987-88|
|Most steals in a season: 211||Dudley Bradley (Pacers)||1979-80|
|Most blocks in a season: 397||Manute Bol (Bullets)||1985-86|
|Most three-pointers made in a season: 158||Kerry Kittles (Nets)||1996-97|
Wilt Chamberlain was a rookie in name only when he entered the league in 1959. The Big Dipper led the Association in scoring, rebounding, and minutes played that season and became the first player in NBA history to win Rookie of the Year and MVP honors in the same season.
Archived NBA Championship Odds: 2019