2022 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds Tracker
- Who are the top contenders for the 2022 NBA Rookie of the Year Award?
- Jalen Green has inched ahead of Cade Cunningham ahead of season tip off
- Track how the odds fluctuate throughout the 2021-22 NBA season
We’ve been tracking the odds to win the 2022 NBA Rookie of the Year Award all year long and have included the data below. The main graph on this page has been generated by calculating the average from many of our most trusted sportsbooks.
2022 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds
- [October 15] As Cunningham has dealt with an injury during the preseason, Rockets G Jalen Green is now the favorite heading in to the season next week
- [October 5] Cunningham and Jalen Green remain neck and neck favorites as the preseason has begun
- [September 9] Jalen Green has seen his odds shorten nearly to the price of Cade Cunningham, with both expected to have productive seasons
- [July 30] No surprise at the top of the opening set of odds, with Cunningham a heavy +250 favorite to win Rookie of the Year after being selected first overall to Detroit. With Michigan sports betting off and running, Pistons fans will want to jump in on that price before it shortens further. Jalen Green will likely be given the chance to put up big numbers early in Houston – his odds are set at +450. An interesting flyer could be taken on Ayo Dosunmu, who slid to the 2nd round but will be a fan favorite in his hometown of Chicago
2022 NBA Rookie of the Year Odds
Odds as of October 15th
Interestingly after flipping their projected mock positions, with Barnes going #4 to Toronto and Suggs going #5 to Orlando, both players open at +800 to win Rookie of the Year. Fans of both teams will likely agonize over their performances this season as it was the first infliction point of the draft.
NBA Teams with the Most Rookie of the Year Winners
The Golden State Warriors haven’t always been the toast of the NBA. Long before they were winning back-to-back championships they were routinely finishing near the bottom of the standings.
Those poor finishes netted them first rate players like Chris Webber, Mitch Richmond, Jamaal Wilkes, Rick Barry, Wilt Chamberlain, and Wood Sauldsberry, all of whom won Rookie of the Year honors.
Past 10 NBA Rookie of the Year Winners
|2021||LaMelo Ball||Charlotte Hornets||3|
|2020||Ja Morant||Memphis Grizzlies||2|
|2019||Luka Doncic||Dallas Mavericks||3|
|2018||Ben Simmons||Philadelphia 76ers||1|
|2017||Malcolm Brogdon||Milwaukee Bucks||36|
|2016||Karl-Anthony Towns||Minnesota Timberwolves||1|
|2015||Andrew Wiggins||Minnesota Timberwolves||1|
|2014||Michael Carter-Williams||Philadelphia 76ers||11|
|2013||Damian Lillard||Portland Trail Blazers||6|
|2012||Kyrie Irving||Cleveland Cavaliers||1|
Rookie of the Year Trends Based off Draft Position
- Since 1990, the NBA Rookie of the Year award has gone to the first pick in the draft 14 times
- Since 1990, the NBA Rookie of the Year award has only been given to a second-round selection just once (Malcolm Brogdon in 2017)
Past Rookie of the Year Winners by Position
Rookie of the Year Trends Based off Position
- The award has gone to a primary ball-handler in eight of the past 11 years
- Power forwards and centers won five of the first six NBA Rookie of the Year awards
- The NBA Rookie of the Year award has only been won just three times by a player who was 6’0” tall or shorter: Ernie DiGregorio (1974), Damon Stoudamire (1996), Chris Paul (2006)
NBA Rookie Records
|Most points in a season: 2,707||Wilt Chamberlain (Warriors)||1959-60|
|Most minutes played in a season: 3,695||Elvin Hayes (Rockets)||1968-69|
|Most rebounds in a season: 1,941||Wilt Chamberlain (Warriors)||1959-60|
|Most assists in a season: 868||Mark Jackson (Knicks)||1987-88|
|Most steals in a season: 211||Dudley Bradley (Pacers)||1979-80|
|Most blocks in a season: 397||Manute Bol (Bullets)||1985-86|
|Most three-pointers made in a season: 158||Kerry Kittles (Nets)||1996-97|
Wilt Chamberlain was a rookie in name only when he entered the league in 1959. The Big Dipper led the Association in scoring, rebounding, and minutes played that season and became the first player in NBA history to win Rookie of the Year and MVP honors in the same season.