- BKFC 18 goes down on Saturday, June 26th, 2021 at 8 PM EST
- Who emerges victorious on an evening filled with multiple title bouts?
- Check out the fight odds, analysis, and predictions below
BKFC 18 emanates from the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida. The fistic fireworks broadcast on the Bare Knuckle TV app.
>> Bet BKFC 18 at SBDPlay <<
Four world championship bouts are slated for this bare-knuckle boxing tentpole event.
BKFC 18 Odds
Odds as of June 24th
>> Bet BKFC 18 at SBDPlay <<
Beltran vs Shewmaker Main Event
Joey Beltran vs Sam Shewmaker is at the top of the marquee contest at BKFC 18. This one is for the BKFC as well as the Police Gazette heavyweight world titles.
Sam Shewmaker is the title challenger and last defeated Bobo O’Bannon via a two-minute knockout at BKFC 15 in a bout that I had theorized was a title eliminator.
Shewmaker enters this sophomore title bid with a redemptive element very much at play.
The Hillbilly Hammer fell short against Arnold Adams in the inaugural BKFC heavyweight title fight and is looking to come through in his second attempt this Saturday night.
Joey Beltran’s BKFC Path
Reigning champion Joey Beltran made history in his last outing by becoming the first man ever to defend the Police Gazette heavyweight world championship; a belt with over a century worth of history that dates back to John L. Sullivan.
The Mexicutioner did so by halting Marcel Stamps in the fourth round of their title fight at BKFC 13.
Joey Beltran @mexicutioner760 on making history and Sam Shewmaker #BKFC18 title fight – @bareknucklefc – @DylanBowker has the interview at link below. Order and watch Saturday's fight card on @FiteTV. https://t.co/N6jDbaaSWT
— Eric Kowal – MyMMANews.com (@MyMMANews) June 22, 2021
These men match up almost dead evenly on a tale of the tape level, with the bare-knuckle experience and physical frames of both being quite close.
BKFC 18 Main Event Tale of the Tape
|Marcel Stamps, Chase Sherman, Tony Lopez||Significant Wins||Eric Prindle, Maurice Jackson, Bobo O’Bannon|
Ultimately, I see Joey Beltran maintaining his hold on the gold at BKFC 18.
Pick: Joey Beltran (-320)
Luis Palomino vs Tyler Goodjohn
Luis Palomino vs Tyler Goodjohn is for the BKFC and Police Gazette 155 pound titles. The former enters as champion, and the latter comes in as the challenger.
Palomino has looked like a berzerker as of late going 3-0 in BKFC. Scorching the well-regarded Jim Alers in his last outing at BKFC 14 to notch his first successful title defense.
Conversely, some are thinking Goodjohn looked more than a bit lackluster in his last outing.
El Tornado did garner a unanimous decision win over the infamous Charles Bennett at BKFC 15 but faced far more resistance and adversity than many pundits expected.
— Bare Knuckle FC (@bareknucklefc) June 21, 2021
In the end, I think Goodjohn has a lot of skills from his gloved boxing, and bare-knuckle endeavors that I think will shine through more in this go-around.
I think Tyler Goodjohn becomes the new 155-pound king in BKFC.
Pick: Tyler Goodjohn (+260)
Other Picks for BKFC 18:
- Hector Lombard vs Joe Riggs: Lombard and Riggs are vying for BKFC gold at 205 pounds. I think the power of Lombard will be too much here, and I see him becoming BKFC’s cruiserweight champion. Pick: Hector Lombard (-150)
- Thiago Alves vs Ulysses Diaz: Alves and Diaz will collide to become the BKFC world champion at 175 pounds. I think the veteran savvy of a guy like Alves (who once fought for UFC’s welterweight title) will shine through in this one, and he’ll eventually get the nod. Pick: Thiago Alves (-200)
- Pearl Gonzalez vs Charisa Sigala: Gonzalez is a former UFC vet making her debut, while Sigala is presently 0-1 in BKFC and looks to garner her first promotional win. I think Sigala’s marginal experience edge in BKFC will pay off here and translate into her securing the underdog win. Pick: Charisa Sigala (+170)