- Chris Colbert vs Jaime Arboleda goes Saturday, December 12th, 2020 at 9 PM EST
- Who leaves with WBA gold once the dust settles?
- Check out the fight odds, analysis, and predictions below
Chris Colbert and Jaime Arboleda will trade punches at Mohegan Sun Casino in Uncasville, Connecticut on December 12th, 2020. Colbert vs Arboleda broadcasts on Showtime.
The interim WBA super featherweight world championship is on the line with Colbert and Arboleda in the roles of champion and challenger, respectively.
Chris Colbert vs Jaime Arboleda Odds
Odds from Dec. 9
This card has to be included in the conversation for quality fight cards set to go this week.
Chris Colbert’s WBA Title Defense
Chris Colbert is in a prime position right now within what is a stacked weight class. The division boasts names like Gervonta Davis, Jamel Herring, and Leo Santa Cruz, who are all “great fights for me” in the words of Colbert himself.
This outing marks Colbert’s inaugural title defense, and the undefeated pugilist is firing on all cylinders heading into his first nationally televised main event.
— SHOWTIME Boxing (@ShowtimeBoxing) December 8, 2020
In Chris Colbert’s last bout, he bested former champion Jezzrel Corrales via unanimous decision after dropping him to the canvas in the tenth frame. In the fight prior to that, Colbert halted former world title challenger Miguel Beltran Jr in the opening round.
Jaime Arboleda’s Quest for WBA Gold
Arboleda enters this contest with only a single pro loss and an overall knockout rate of 81 percent. Also, this isn’t Jaime Arboleda’s first time taking on a rival with a spotless record as he has knocked out both Kenin Betancourt and Jose Saant who were then-unbeaten.
His last outing was similar to his opponent’s in as far as Arboleda dropped Jayson Velez en route to securing a decision victory.
Jaime Arboleda is riding a six-fight win streak heading into this title bid, is currently fourth-ranked in the division, and is still radiating confidence despite being a sizeable underdog in the eyes of the betting public.
Ready!!!! 💪🏽 It’s SHOWTIME!!! 👊🏽 https://t.co/a6iefhmr5M
— Jaime Arboleda (@LittleJames507) December 6, 2020
These 130 pounders match up well in the sense that both are in their mid-twenties and have very similar physical frames.
Both men last competed in the first quarter of 2020. They are both eager to get out there and perform after lengthy training camps.
Colbert vs Arboleda Tale of the Tape
|Jezzrel Corrales, Miguel Beltran Jr, Alberto Mercado||Significant Wins||Jayson Velez, Victor Betancourt, Jose Saant|
This prizefight is scheduled for twelve rounds and based on the track records of both, I think this one goes the distance.
Colbert seems to be gaining more confidence as a finisher. But, his overall knockout rate being less than fifty percent doesn’t inspire much confidence for a Colbert by KO or TKO prop bet.
I think there’s good value in going with a prop bet on this one going the distance (-121) and a Colbert via points/decision prop bet (-106) when Colbert vs Arboleda goes down.
Pick: Chris Colbert (-1400)
Main Card Picks for Colbert vs Arboleda
- Richardson Hitchins vs Algenis Mendez: Hitchins is unbeaten at 11-0 and takes on the thirty-plus fight veteran Mendez here. Based on Hitchins’ sub-fifty percent knockout rate and Mendez’s durability, I think a prop bet on Hitchins via points/decision presents good value. Pick: Richardson Hitchins (-1200)
- Ronald Ellis vs Matvey Korobov: This is a quality crossroads fight with Ellis looking to secure a notable win from that next tier up in competition. Korobov is looking to redirect his career trajectory towards another world title bid. Despite the recent 0-2-1 stretch in Korobov’s last three, I think he returns to the win column here. Pick: Matvey Korobov (-125)
Let's have fun and keep it civil.