- The Zurich Classic of New Orleans tees off Thursday, April 25th
- A unique team event format makes this is a fun and unpredictable tournament
- We’ve narrowed down the duos with the best chance of emerging victorious
The PGA Tour heads back to New Orleans for the Zurich Classic, with this marking the third year that pairs compete with each other attempting to both secure a victory. The format consists of better ball on the first and third days and alternate shot on Friday and Sunday.
What once was seen as a nondescript tournament has now been given a much-needed jolt since this remains the only official team configuration event on tour since 1981.
2019 Zurich Classic of New Orleans Odds
|Pairs||Odds to Win Zurich Classic of New Orleans at Bovada||Odds at Mybookie|
|B. Koepka/C. Koepka||+3300||+3300|
*Odds taken 04/22/19. Follow the link in the table above to see all options.
Tony Finau Long Overdue for Another Victory
It’s hard to believe that Tony Finau is sitting on a criminally low one PGA Tour victory given his prodigious length off the tee and his fantastic results in major championships.
Tony Finau working his way through Augusta…
Finau is 6-under through 8 holes and is leading the pack at 9-under overall. pic.twitter.com/Inl0elW6Pc
— GOLF.com (@GOLF_com) April 13, 2019
He’s coming off a top-five finish at the Masters and finished in sixth place at this event last year after entering the final round just one shot off the pace. While his partner Kyle Stanley is streaky, he also had a solid Masters Tournament. It’s only a matter of time before Finau starts winning and the loose atmosphere of this event suits his personality.
Don’t Sleep on Kevin Kisner/Scott Brown Duo
Despite being at very favorable +3300 odds, the duo of Kisner and Brown might just be the team to beat at this tournament. In 2017, they finished in second place after a heartbreaking playoff loss, and last year they held the 54-hole lead before a difficult Sunday.
Kisner/Brown’s final-round card @ the Zurich Classic. Team golf is fun. pic.twitter.com/m7hHhQNaHx
— Rex Hoggard (@RexHoggardGC) May 1, 2017
Add in a recent Kevin Kisner victory at the WGC-Dell Match Play and a tie for seventh for Brown at the Valero Texas Open three weeks ago and the recipe for success in betting this week may lie with the duo.
Last 5 Zurich Classic of New Orleans Results
|2018||Billy Horschel/Scott Piercy|
|2017||Jonas Blixt/Cameron Smith|
2019 Zurich Classic of New Orleans Best Value Picks
- Brooks & Chase Koepka (+3300): Great value for the brothers, with the unknown being how the lesser established Koepka brother Chase will play. Both teamed up for a top-5 finish in 2017 and had a good opening round last year. Brooks is coming off a second place finish at the Masters.
- Jason Dufner & Pat Perez (+5000): While Dufner has not been solid all year, he’s won on this course individually (2012) and then the last two years in the team event was a runner-up with Perez and also had another top-5 finish.
- Corey Conners & Mackenzie Hughes (+6600): Conners just won the Valero Texas Open three tournaments ago and Mackenzie Hughes was second at the recent Corales Puntacana Championship.