- The WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational tees off Thursday, July 25th
- Fantastic field featuring 46 of the top 50 players in the world
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious
A star-studded field is teeing up one week after Shane Lowry’s triumphant Open Championship title for a World Golf Championships event in Memphis. This tournament for years was hosted at Firestone Golf Club in Ohio but has moved to TPC Southwind, which used to host the FedEx St. Jude Classic.
Nearly all the big names are competing this week with the exception of Tiger Woods, Francesco Molinari, Rickie Fowler and Bernd Wiesberger among the top 50 players in the world.
2019 WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational Odds
*Odds as of 07/22/19.
Justin Rose Ready for Another Victory
While he hasn’t posted a victory since claiming the title at the Farmers Insurance Open back in January, Justin Rose has found himself in the mix to win the last two majors, before falling short to Gary Woodland (US Open) and Shane Lowry (Open Championship), after a tough final day saw him stumble down the leaderboard.
Well 79 is better than 80!! Portrush hosted an incredible @theopen and I can’t wait to return for the next one. Congratulations to a fitting winner @shanelowrygolf you played awesome golf from start to finish, you made your country proud. SHANKS for all the support #Team? pic.twitter.com/zrQgrHOp1k
— Justin ROSE (@JustinRose99) July 21, 2019
He was in contention on the back 9 last month at the US Open, before settling for a tie of third overall. Rose plays big golf in the big events, as evidenced by his 2013 US Open title and two World Golf Championships trophies (2012 WGC-Cadillac Championship) and 2017 WGC-HSBC Champions to go along with his Olympic Gold Medal. He’s ready to breakout and win another big event and his +2200 odds are very enticing.
Henrik Stenson Playing Solid Golf, Mostly
Henrik Stenson is worth a look this week at +2800, having posted T-8, T-9, T-4 and T-20 finishes in his last four starts. He’s first in strokes gained approaching the green this season which bodes well at TPC Southwind.
— NCG (@NCG_com) July 21, 2019
Also, this provides a fantastic opportunity to show this amazing piece of video of Stenson breaking a club over his knee.
Last 5 WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational Champions
*Tournament was contested at Firestone Country Club. The last winner at the course this week was Dustin Johnson last year.
2019 WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational Best Value Picks
- Tony Finau (+3300): Coming off a third place finish at the Open Championship. He’s been due to win a big event for a long time so this could be the week with Finau in form. Posted two runner-ups this season including the WGC-HSBC Champions.
- Patrick Reed (+4000): Top 10’s in two of last three events, including last week’s Open. Nothing worse than T-32 in last five tournaments. 9th in SG: Around the green this season.
- Danny Willett (+6600): 2016 Masters champ has been out of his post Masters funk for a year now. Last three PGA Tour events have resulted in T-6 (Open), T-12 (US Open) and T-8 (Canadian Open).
Let's have fun and keep it civil.