- The Travelers Championship from TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, CT tees off Thursday, June 24th
- Bryson DeChambeau is the slight +1200 favorite over defending champion Dustin Johnson
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious and provided the best value bets below
One week after Jon Rahm’s thrilling US Open triumph, the PGA Tour heads to the always entertaining Travelers Championship. This course has been the venue for this event for 38 years, and it features the exciting drivable risk-reward par-4 15th hole. Last year, in front of no fans due to COVID-19, Dustin Johnson escaped disaster when his tee shot narrowly avoided the lake, propelling him to a one stroke victory over Kevin Streelman.
Johnson returns as defending champion, as he’s joined by four other players in the top-10 of the world rankings competing. The others are betting favorite Bryson DeChambeau, Patrick Cantlay, Brooks Koepka and Patrick Reed.
This tournament has been dominated by Americans, with seven of the last eight champions hailing from USA, with only three international winners of this event in the last 25 iterations.
2021 Travelers Championship Odds
|Golfers||Odds at DraftKings|
|Si Woo Kim||+5500|
Odds as of June 21st
|Promo: Up to $1,050 Free!||bet now|
|Promo: $1,000 Risk-Free Bet||bet now|
|Promo: $600 Risk-Free Bet||bet now|
Harris English Eyes Second Win This Year
Harris English enters this tournament with a great deal of confidence, having finished in solo third place at the US Open, his best career finish at a major championship. For the event, he gained over four strokes on the field on the greens. He also nearly gained four shots in both SG: approaching and around-the-green.
After looking at the final board at this US Open, when the question “who finished 3rd” comes up for giggles amongst fellow golf nerds, no one will answer Harris English considering how we started the back 9 today.
— Arron Oberholser (@ArronOberholser) June 21, 2021
His great finish comes on the heels of him contending deep into the previous week’s Palmetto Championship, where he entered the final round in second place. A tough back nine saw him fall to T-14, but he played much better than that would indicate, as he gained over five shots tee-to-green that week.
It feels like his +5000 price tag to win outright will drop considering his strong play of late, as this year’s Sentry Tournament of Champions winner is more than capable of making it a double dip on the campaign.
Last Five Travelers Championship Winners
2021 Travelers Championship Best Value Picks
- Russell Henley (+5500): Russell Henley has a propensity to blow hot and cold, and before last week’s US Open he was a bit off with his game. He co-led after all three rounds at Torrey Pines, however, before a tough back nine Sunday dropped him to T-13. The three-time winner is fourth in strokes gained approaching the green, which should give him lots of birdie chances.
- Bubba Watson (+7000): Bubba Watson, who ranks sixth in strokes gained off-the-tee, is very much a horses for courses type of player. TPC River Highlands is to his liking, as he’s won this tournament three times (2010, 2015, 2018). In the last 36 rounds at this venue, he’s first in SG: off-the-tee, second in both total strokes gained and tee-to-green and third in ball striking.
- Mackenzie Hughes (+11000): When scouring the board looking for value plays, Mackenzie Hughes sticks out at this number. He, like Henley, co-led the US Open after three rounds before a brutal break that resulted in his ball being stuck up in a tree derailed his chances. He’s made the cut in all four instances here, with last year’s tie for third his best result. Second in SG: putting at this track in that time frame.