2022 PGA Championship Odds, Picks and Tournament Preview
- The PGA Championship from Southern Hills Country Club tees off Thursday, May 19th from Tulsa, OK
- Jon Rahm is the +1100 favorite to win the Wanamaker Trophy over Justin Thomas and Scottie Scheffler
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious and provided the best value bets below
The second major championship of 2022 heads to Tulsa, Oklahoma and Southern Hills Country Club. This is the first time this course has hosted a men’s major since 2007, when Tiger Woods won his fourth career PGA. He’s in the field this week (+6500 to win outright), playing in his first tournament since last month’s Masters.
There are storylines aplenty coming in, with defending champion Phil Mickelson opting not to play as he hasn’t golfed in months. He’s been embroiled in controversy regarding disparaging comments about the PGA Tour and the upstart LIV golf tour. Jordan Spieth, who has been hot of late, would complete the career grand slam should he lift the Wanamaker Trophy Sunday evening. He’d become just the sixth man to complete that illustrious feat.
Jon Rahm, who won his first major at last year’s US Open, is the favorite in the PGA Championship odds. Scottie Scheffler, who was the victor at the most recent major when he slipped into a green jacket at the Masters, has the second shortest odds along with 2017 PGA champion Justin Thomas. Read on to see the odds, analysis and best value bets.
2022 PGA Championship Odds
Odds as of May 17th at DraftKings Sportsbook
After some action being taken on Monday, Rory McIlroy and Jordan Spieth have swapped positions, with Spieth shortening to 16-1 and McIlroy fading to +1800.
Shane Lowry and Cam Smith saw their prices slightly shorten from 28-1 to +2500 as well.
LOCK IN PROMO
Bet $5 on Any Pre-Game Moneyline & Get $200 Instantly!
GET $200GET PROMO
Jordan Spieth Poised to Complete Career Grand Slam
Jordan Spieth has been playing some excellent golf leading into the PGA, as he won the RBC Heritage, then was second at the AT&T Byron Nelson. He enters this championship with the opportunity to become the sixth man to complete the career grand slam. He’s had two fantastic chances to win this tournament in his career, where he was second in 2015 and tied third in 2019.
In his last twelve rounds, Spieth has put up a lot of fantastic ‘strokes gained’ numbers.
Jordan Spieth’s Strokes Gained Stats In Last Twelve Rounds
He won at Harbour Town despite remarkably losing shots on the greens to his competitors. He rectified that at TPC Craig Ranch, where he was four shots better on the dance floor. In those two starts, Spieth picked up a combined 25 shots on the field tee-to-green. Six golfers have shorter odds than him, so at +1800, you’re getting the three-time major champ at decent value.
Last Five PGA Championship Winners
2022 PGA Championship Best Value Picks
- Hideki Matsuyama (+2800): 2021 Masters champion Hideki Matsuyama already has two wins on the campaign, and he’s coming off a T-14 at the Masters and T-3rd in his latest outing at the AT&T Byron Nelson. He’s sixth in strokes gained: approach and seventh tee-to-green in his last 24 rounds. He’s never missed the cut in nine career PGA’s, with two top-5’s and six top-25’s.
- Corey Conners (+4500): Canadian Corey Conners has found himself on the first page of many leaderboards the last few years. He has five top-20’s in majors (including three top-10’s at the Masters). He’s also been strong of late, with a T-35 being his worst result in his last seven events, where he’s had a third at the Match Play and T-6th at the Masters.
- Cameron Young (+8000): Unheralded Cameron Young has been stellar as a PGA Tour rookie, where he’s been tied for second on three occasions. One of those was his last start at the Wells Fargo Championship, and he was T-3rd his previous time teeing it up at the RBC Heritage. For the season, he’s second in strokes gained off-the-tee, sixth in birdie average and ninth in scoring average.
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
GET $1,050 IN BONUSES!
- CAESARS SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET ON CAESARS UP TO $1,250 + 1,000 TIER CREDITS AND 1,000 REWARD CREDITS®
- FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK
NO SWEAT FIRST BET UP TO $2,500!
- BETMGM SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET OFFER: UP TO $1,000 PAID BACK