PGA Championship Odds 2022: Track the Favorites at Southern Hills
- View the odds for the 2022 PGA Championship from Southern Hills in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Rory McIlroy is the favorite after shooting 5-under to take the first round lead
- See how the odds move during the PGA Tour season and the event since the conclusion of the 2022 Masters
The 2022 PGA Championship heads to Tulsa, Oklahoma from May 16th-22nd this year. After moving from late August to this new mid-May date, we’ve been blessed with some special finishes in the second major championship of each calendar year.
Brooks Koepka won his second in a row at Bethpage Black in 2019, Collin Morikawa delivered our first post-covid outbreak championship win at TPC Harding Park in 2020 and of course Phil Mickelson defied the odds and father time to win at Kiawah Island last year.
The last major at Southern Hills was a Tiger Woods win in 2007, and with him entering the field for 2022, are we set for another weekend of magic?
We’ve been tracking the odds of every golfer involved leading up to the event. Each graph below has been generated by averaging the odds from multiple online sportsbooks.
2022 PGA Championship Odds
Odds as of May 20th at Caesars Sportsbook
- [May 20] Will Zalatoris is your current PGA Championship favorite, but the day’s biggest shift in odds came from Bubba Watson. The 2014 Masters champ fired a second round 63, catapulting his odds from OTB to +1600.
- [May 19] After a blistering first round 5-under, 65, Rory McIlroy is a heavy favorite to win his first major in eight years as he finally shook off the first round major woes on Thursday at Southern Hills. As play was wrapping up Thursday night, Justin Thomas shot a 3-under. 67 to hold solo second
- [May 16] As tournament week arrives, we’ve seen some serious movement. Koekpa’s lack of recent play has plummeted his odds out of the top five, while we’ve seen prices shorten on Morikawa, Matsuyama, and Shane Lowry
- [May 11] Max Homa saw his odds shorten after winning the Wells Fargo Championship, down to an average of +6500
- [May 4] After winning the Mexico Open at Vidanta as a weeklong huge favorite, Jon Rahm is now the consensus favorite across all online sportsbooks for the 2022 PGA Championship
- [April 25] There’s no movement after the birdie fest down in New Orleans, as Patrick Cantlay and Xander Schauffele’s odds remain unchanged following their win at the Zurich Classic
- [April 20] Scottie Scheffler has rocketed to the top of the odds board after his win at the Masters
- [April 1] Cameron Smith’s odds have shortened after his win at the Players Championship a few weeks ago
- [February 25] Jon Rahm starts as a +1100 favorite, closely followed by Rory McIlroy, Justin Thomas and Collin Morikawa at +1400
2022 PGA Championship Favorites
Scottie Scheffler (11-1)
Scheffler remains the hottest golfer on the planet, and will look to scoop up his second major victory at Southern Hills. He had a respectable T-15 finish at the Byron Nelson, and will be one of the most bet players heading in to the 2022 PGA Championship
Jon Rahm (11-1)
Rahm hasn’t played since the opening week of May, when he won the inaugural Mexico Open at Vidanta in wire-to-wire fashion. Rahm’s best finish in the PGA Championship is T4th in 2018, in which he’ll look to improve upon this week
Rory McIlroy (14-1)
Battling through the elements to a 5th place finish at the Wells Fargo was the last time we saw McIlroy, and his vibes seem to be in a good place heading in to Southern Hills. If you bet on Rory, you have to hope his place as one of the heads of the PGA Tour Players leadership group dealing with the upstart LIV Golf tour isn’t taking up too much of his mental capacity.
Justin Thomas (14-1)
Always a popular bet in majors due to his superb profile and all-around game, Thomas is still looking for that second major championship. Thomas played some great golf at the Byron Nelson, finishing T5 at 23-under as he heads to Tulsa this week.
Collin Morikawa (16-1)
Morikawa’s ball striking and iron play will surely make him a contender this week at Southern Hills, even though he has been passed on the board by some players who have teed it up more recently. After his fifth place finish at the Masters, he put together a T26 finish at Heritage and T29 at the Zurich
How to Bet on the PGA Championship
There’s two types of odds in golf that players can wager in, including pre-tournament odds and live odds during the tournament. Pre-tournament PGA Championship odds can provide great value to bettors on the eventual winner if they place a bet before competition begins.
Last year was a perfect example, as Phil Mickelson was along as 300-1 at some sportsbooks ahead of tournament week at Kiawah Island. His odds shortened to +6550 after Thursday and +1200 following Friday’s round before going in to the final round just behind Brooks Koepka at odds of +300 on average
By betting on PGA Championship pre-tournament odds, you’ll get more bang for your buck as a bettor rather than waiting and seeing who plays well during the opening two rounds of competition.
Conversely, if your early week bets fail to make the cut or aren’t playing well, there’s plenty of success that can be had live betting on the PGA Championship
While the odds are constantly shifting during play, at the conclusion of each round is a perfect time to look up different stats and betting trends to make smart, in-play PGA Championship bets.
Checking on the live leaderboard for score, data such as strokes gained in driving, approach and putting are also usual harbingers of success at a major championship. Live betting a player who’s poised to get up the leaderboard on Saturday or Sunday early in the Tournament can lead to a big payoff for bettors.
Best Sites to Bet on the PGA
Along with your picks to win and top finishes, there will be plenty of props to bet on the 2022 PGA Championship at Southern Hills. You can find matchups, daily 3-balls and specialty props on nationalities, lefty and top player from certain colleges.
There’s also going to be promos available at the top sportsbooks, so don’t forget to claim your BetMGM promo code, Caesars Sportsbook promo code and Barstool Sportsbook promotions before tournament week.
Below you can find the top sportsbooks to bet on golf and specifically the PGA Championship, click on any of the links to download the app and start betting now!
|Caesars Sportsbook||Download App|
|Barstool Sportsbook||Download App|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||Download App|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||Download App|
Where to Bet on the PGA Championship from?
There’s plenty of states where you can bet the PGA Championship from, even though host-state Oklahoma is not yet operational for legal online sports betting.
In Canada, Ontario sports betting apps have been operational since the April 4th launch. Users will be able to download a multitude of sports betting apps to bet on their favorite players at the PGA Championship, including top Canadian Corey Conners.
OWGR Top Ranked Golfers
Odds for Past PGA Championship Winners
Phil Mickelson’s self-imposed (or not?) exile continues, as after multiple rumors that he would be playing Southern Hills to defend his title were proven wrong as he officially withdrew from the tournament.
Tiger Woods is trending towards playing in the PGA Championship, and his odds of +6000 seem short for a guy we’ve only seen play once now this calendar year. He has won at Southern Hills in 2007, but it will be worth monitoring whether Tiger plays a tune-up before heading to the second major of the year.
Past 10 Winners