- The European Tour’s Alfred Dunhill Links Championship tees off Thursday, September 26th
- Three of the top five in the world competing – Rory McIlroy, Justin Rose and Jon Rahm
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious
The European Tour boasts yet another strong field teeing it up with three top-five golfers playing in Rory McIlroy, Justin Rose and Jon Rahm. This tournament is contested on three different golf courses (St. Andrews, Carnoustie and Kingsbarns) before everyone plays the Old Course at St. Andrews the final day.
There are two golfers in particular that have shined at this tournament, with McIlroy being one of them despite never quite getting over the finish line and tasting victory. The other is Tyrrell Hatton, who very nearly made it a three-peat last year.
2019 Alfred Dunhill Links Championship Odds
|Golfer||Odds at Bovada||Odds at BetOnline|
*Odds as of 09/23/19. Follow the links in the table above to see all betting options.
Alfred Dunhill Links an Elusive Title For McIlroy
While he’s only played this event once in the last four years (T-63rd in 2017) there was a time it seemed obvious that Rory McIlroy would win this event based on his incredible track record around these three courses.
Thanks for a great week, @BMWPGA!
Off to Scotland for some golf with my dad. pic.twitter.com/5KBRnTneI4
— Rory McIlroy (@McIlroyRory) September 23, 2019
McIlroy battled back to make the cut on the number at last week’s BMW PGA Championship and eventually finished in the top ten, his fifth around the world in his last six starts.
He’s been a bridesmaid three times at the Dunhill Links to along with a pair of other solid finishes. While there’s never a bad time to bet on McIlroy, he’s on a heater and plays very well around these three tracks, so wagering on him would be a smart call this week in particular.
Rory McIlroy’s Best Finishes at Alfred Dunhill Links Championship
Tyrrell Hatton The Man to Wager On
He may not have as much star power as the top three big guns in this tournament but the golfer you absolutely must wager on this week is Tyrrell Hatton, who treats this tournament like his personal playground.
— Golfing World (@GolfingWorld) October 8, 2017
Hatton backed those two victories up by finishing second in 2018, so suffice to say he loves the event. The only hiccup, however, is that he actually had a five stroke lead with nine holes to play before coughing up the tournament to Lucas Bjerregaard so there may be lingering bad feelings for Hatton. However, at +2800 odds, he’s a no brainer to back this week.
Last Five Alfred Dunhill Links Championship Winners
2019 Alfred Dunhill Links Championship Best Value Picks
- Ross Fisher (+6600): Like McIlroy has been oh-so close at this tournament in year’s past, also recording three runner-ups.
- Christiaan Bezuidenhout (+6600): Won for the first time on the European Tour in June. Last week finished third at the BMW PGA Championship.
- Shubhankar Sharma (+15000): Deep dive with incredible upside. Was right in the thick of things last week before a tough final round saw him fall down the leaderboard. 23-year-old two time Euro Tour winner has had quite a few chances at big tournaments in the last two years slip away with bad last days. Could be the week he figures it out.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.