- Winners only field descends to Hawaii on January 3rd for Sentry Tournament of Champions
- Tiger reportedly will NOT play this event for first time since 2005
- The golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious
The Sentry Tournament of Champions has been an afterthought for over a decade despite being an elite winners-only invite.
But it has undergone a significant face lift in recent years and continues to get stronger this year in Hawaii on January 3rd. There is one key exception, however, and it concerns Tiger Woods.
Odds to Win 2019 Sentry Tournament of Champions
|Golfer||Odds to Win 2019 Sentry Tournament of Champions at Bovada|
*Follow the link in the table to see all options
Tiger Woods not expected to tee it up at Kapalua
This tournament has struggled to attract the game’s elite for well over a decade, and that includes Tiger Woods.
Initial optimism that he’d tee it up for the first time at this event since 2005 was doused in a tidal wave of cold water.
— Bob Harig (@BobHarig) December 27, 2018
Tiger is currently listed at +850 to win the tournament but all signs point to him not playing, so refrain from placing a wager on him.
He’s hoping to pare down his schedule in 2019 so the prevailing thought is his tour debut will begin at Torrey Pines for the Farmers Insurance Open.
Americans dominate Sentry Tournament of Champions
Dustin Johnson destroyed his contemporaries last year to the tune of a eight stroke cakewalk – his second victory at this event to mark the eight straight year an American has lifted the trophy.
And he nearly recorded the second par 4 ace in PGA Tour history in the process.
DUSTIN JOHNSON WITH A MONSTER DRIVE AND NEAR ACEpic.twitter.com/mlg7QOU9um
— Fore Play (@ForePlayPod) January 8, 2018
He’s the betting favorite for a reason, as he usually is everywhere he tees it up.
But with a deeper field than usual, this year it’s probably smarter to bank on him not repeating as champion at an event for the second time in his career (2009-2010 Pebble Beach Pro-Am).
Last 5 Winners of Sentry Tournament of Champions
2019 Sentry Tournament of Champions Best Value Picks
- Jon Rahm (+800): If anyone can end the American reign at this tournament it’s Rahm. Won his last event, the unofficial Hero World Challenge by a convincing four strokes. Has found the winners circle five times in last two years between European and PGA Tours.
- Patrick Reed (+2500): Dominant in last three outings at this event with a win, a runner-up finish, and a tie for sixth. Will be fueled with a boulder on his shoulder after controversial Ryder Cup that saw him become even more of a pariah.
- Marc Leishman (+3300): Had a share of the lead heading into weekend last year in this tournament before finishing in a tie for seventh. Notched a W in October at CIMB Classic to qualify for this event. Getting more comfortable with winning with three of his four tour victories coming since 2017.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.