World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play Odds & Predictions
- The WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play from Austin, TX, tees off Wednesday, March 22nd
- Scottie Scheffler is the +750 favorite over Rory McIlroy and Jon Rahm to win this in back-to-back years
- We’ve narrowed down the golfers with the best chance of emerging victorious; see the WGC Match Play odds, picks and best bets
The first World Golf Championships event on the calendar sees 64 of the best players in golf teeing it up for the prestigious WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play title. Almost all of the big names in golf are competing, with Justin Thomas and Justin Rose the only two qualifying players who have decided to skip the event.
The first three days will consist of 16 groups of four golfers each playing everyone in their group once in a round-robin format, with winners advancing to the Sweet 16. The March madness continues after that, with single-elimination knockout matches all the way to the final, where a champion is crowned.
2023 WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play Odds
Last year, Scottie Scheffler took down match play savant Kevin Kisner in the final, after dropping the final the previous year to Billy Horschel. Scheffler is playing following his triumph at the Players Championship two weeks ago. Rory McIlroy is the second choice to win, and he’s been victorious before, in 2015, along with Jon Rahm, who has been a runner-up here, in 2017. The PGA Tour announced that after this iteration of this championship, the tournament won’t be on the 2024 calendar.
$1,000 BACKBET NOW
Odds as of March 20th at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Full 2023 WGC Match Play Bracket
The Tour has released the full bracket to get in on the March Madness hysteria, which can be seen below via their Twitter account.
Nothing like making picks in March 📝
The @DellMatchPlay bracket is LIVE! pic.twitter.com/3TtTPlAaoe
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) March 20, 2023
Collin Morikawa Playing Solid Golf
Collin Morikawa has found himself close to a big title all year, finishing second at the Sentry TOC, then third at the Farmers Insurance Open. He also was T-6th at Riviera, and was in second place after round one of the Players Championship, before settling for a T-13. He’s amassed some impressive ‘strokes gained’ stats the last 24 rounds.
Collin Morikawa’s Strokes Gained Stats Last 24 Rounds
He’s third in SG: approach and fourth tee-to-green for the campaign. He has stretches of poor putting but also is capable of getting hot at a moments notice. If he can putt halfway decently, his ball striking will always have him in contention. He made it out of his group last year in just his second time playing at Austin Country Club. At +2500, he sports longer odds than the top-eight on the board, giving him tremendous value.
WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play Last Five Winners
|2022||Scottie Scheffler def. Kevin Kisner|
|2021||Billy Horschel def. Scottie Scheffler|
|2019||Kevin Kisner def. Matt Kuchar|
|2018||Bubba Watson def. Kevin Kisner|
|2017||Dustin Johnson def. Jon Rahm|
*The 2020 tournament was not contested due to COVID-19.
2023 WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play Picks and Value Bets
- Tyrrell Hatton (+2800): Tyrrell Hatton has been blazing hot, with five top-7’s in his last seven worldwide starts. That includes his two most recent showings, a T-4th at Bay Hill and a runner-up at the Players Championship. In those eight rounds, he’s second in total strokes gained and fourth in ball striking. He’s the favorite in a group with Russell Henley, Lucas Herbert and Ben Griffin.
- Tommy Fleetwood (+4500): Tommy Fleetwood very nearly broke through in the United States for his maiden PGA Tour victory Sunday, winding up tied for third at the Valspar. He’s twice made the quarter-finals of this event, including in 2021, where he lost to eventual champion Billy Horschel. Fleetwood finds himself in a group with Sungjae Im, Maverick McNealy and J.T. Poston, which isn’t a murderers row of competitors.
- Kevin Kisner (+11000): Kevin Kisner enters this championship with virtually no form at all, but it’s impossible to ignore his track record around this course and tournament. In the last four times teeing it up at Austin Country Club, he has a victory (2019) and a pair of runner-up losses in the final (2018, 2022).
- DRAFTKINGS SPORTSBOOK
GET $1,050 IN BONUSES!
- CAESARS SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET ON CAESARS UP TO $1,250 + 1,000 TIER CREDITS AND 1,000 REWARD CREDITS®
- FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK
NO SWEAT FIRST BET UP TO $1,000!
- BETMGM SPORTSBOOK
FIRST BET OFFER: UP TO $1,000 PAID BACK