- The New England Patriots lost 34-10 to the Tennessee Titans in Week 10
- The Pats now trail the Chiefs by two games for top spot in the AFC, and the Steelers have a chance to leap them in the standings in Week 11 while NE is on bye
- For the first time this season, New England is not among the top three contenders in Super Bowl 53 odds
When Super Bowl 53 odds opened on February 5th, the New England Patriots were listed as the favorites with +470 average odds.
The Patriots remained the favorites until September 18th, when the Los Angeles Rams seized that title. And the following week, they found the Rams and Kansas City Chiefs ahead of them on the board. But New England quickly took back the second spot the following week.
The Pats have hit a new low this week, though, following their 34-10 spanking by the Tennessee Titans.
After the embarrassing loss, Tom Brady and company find themselves outside of the top three Super Bowl 53 contenders, based on the average odds across our most trusted online sports betting sites, for the first time this year.
Super Bowl 53 Odds
The loss saw their average odds to win Super Bowl 53 go from +500 to +700, seeing both the Chiefs and New Orleans Saints move ahead of them.
Odds to Win Super Bowl 53
|Los Angeles Rams||+325|
|New Orleans Saints||+400|
|Kansas City Chiefs||+500|
|New England Patriots||+650|
*Follow the link in the table to see all betting options
What Happened to the Patriots in Week 10?
Where should I start …
- They were on the road in a tough environment
- Marcus Mariota had his best passing game since 2016
- Corey Davis is a phenomenal talent and only needs opportunity to shine
- The Patriots were without Rob Gronkowski
- NE struggled to run the ball – gained just 40 yards on 19 rushing attempts
- Tom Brady just looked off – this is bound to happen with a 41-year-old once in a while
We need to talk about the game @TheCDavis84 just had. ?
— NFL (@NFL) November 12, 2018
Tom Brady is struggling against the Titans' top-ranked scoring defense.
— Kevin Boilard (@KevinBoilard) November 11, 2018
All around, it was a bad game for the Pats.
Do the Pats Present Value in Super Bowl 53 Betting?
If you didn’t already jump on the value after the Pats’ Week 3 loss to the Lions, then you probably should now.
As was the case with those average odds of +890 on September 25th, you likely will not find odds this long for the Patriots to win the Super Bowl the rest of the season.
Four of New England’s final six games come against the AFC East (the Jets twice). And sure, the Pats have lost four of the last five games they’ve played in Miami (where they’ll play in Week 14), but you’d have a hard time convincing me they don’t win at least three of those games.
Their other two games come in Pittsburgh and at home against the Vikings. I believe the Pats win five of their last six and take one of the top two spots in the AFC.
I’m not going to say there’s no way Kansas City, Pittsburgh, or even LA (Chargers) beat the Patriots in the playoffs this year. But it would be a smart play to jump on the odds you’re getting with the Pats right now.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.