- The Los Angeles Rams and Cincinnati Bengals faceoff in Super Bowl 56 on February 13 at 6:30 pm EST from SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles
- LA opened as -190 outright favorites, with the spread sitting at -3.5 (-110)
- See below for live updates leading up to and throughout Super Bowl 56
The big day is finally here. It’s Super Bowl 56 between the Los Angeles Rams and Cincinnati Bengals from SoFi Stadium. After two weeks of leadup, we’ll finally know whether the Matthew Stafford trade was worth it for the Rams, or if we can officially anoint Joe Burrow as the ‘next one’.
The Rams/Bengals matchup was one of the least likely according to the Super Bowl odds. At the beginning of the playoffs the Rams were listed at +1000 to win it all. The Bengals sat at +1800. Now they are the only two left.
A Super Bowl ring would atone for Matthew Stafford’s lost years in Detroit; one of the biggest sentimental favorites in recent Super Bowl memory. But a Super Bowl for Joe Burrow would not only thrust Cincinnati into pandemonium, but it would give him an eerily similar path to Tom Brady’s first title over 20 years ago.
Rams vs Bengals Super Bowl 56 Live Odds
|Los Angeles Rams||-435||OFF||OFF|
Odds as of February 13th (9:45pm EST) at DraftKings
The Rams enter Super Bowl 56 just 2-3 ATS in their last five but 2-1 in the playoffs. According to Rams vs Bengals stats, Cincy is on a red-hot run ATS, covering in seven-straight. The under has hit in four-straight Bengals games and two of the Rams’ last three.
NFL public money has been back and forth on the Bengals in the last week. Once the total was bet down to 48.5 however, both Cincy and the over started to receiver more action.
Super Bowl 56 In-Game Updates
- [Q4, 0:39] Aaron Donald comes up with the biggest play of the game on 4th-and-1 as Joe Burrow throws out of a sack but it falls incomplete. The LA Rams win Super Bowl 56, 23-20.
- [Q4, 1:25] Cooper Kupp caps a massive drive from the Rams, catching his second touchdown on a fade from Stafford. The Rams shoot out to -435 with the Bengals having one chance to tie. Rams 23 – Bengals 20.
- [Q4, 2:00] The Rams are in the middle of a game-changing drive. Currently at the Bengals’ 8-yard line, they are -170 favorites over the Rams. Bengals 20 – Rams 16.
- [Q4, 6:13] After forcing a punt, the Rams offense will have one of their final chances to regain the lead. Stafford takes the field with Cincinnati as 3.5-point favorites and the total at 42.5. Bengals 20 – Rams 16.
- [Q4, 9:58] A prompt three-and-out from the Rams’ offense sees a big shift in the Bengals favor. Cincinnati is now 3.5-point favorites with the total down to 43.5. Bengals 20 – Rams 16.
- [Q4, 11:29] On third down the Rams’ defense wraps up Joe Burrow and now the Bengals’ QB gets up limping. Cincinnati takes an unnecessary roughness penalty on top of it to back the punt up even further. The line is now Rams -0.5 with the total at 48.5. Bengals 20 – Rams 16.
- [End of Third Quarter] LA’s defense wakes up, sacking Joe Burrow twice on the Bengals’ last series of the quarter. Matthew Stafford and the Rams’ offense will open the fourth quarter with a 2nd-and-5. The line is back favoring the Rams at -1.5 as the total stays at 50.5. Bengals 20 – Rams 16.
- [Q3, 2:47] Both sides trade punts as the Bengals pass rush gets to Stafford and he walks away limping. Cincy takes over inside their own 20. It’s now CIN -3.0 with the total at 50.5. Bengals 20 – Rams 16.
- [Q3, 5:58] The Rams try their own version of the Philly Special but Cooper Kupp airmails Matthew Stafford. LA instead settles for a 41-yard field goal to make it a four-point game. Cincy is now 2.5-point favorites with the total at 53.5. Bengals 20 – Rams 16.
- [Q3, 10:15] Joe Burrow and the Bengals turn that turnover into points. After picking up a key fourth down conversion, they settle for a field goal as Evan McPherson converts to make it seven-point Bengals lead. The line remains CIN -3.0, with the Bengals listed at -155. Bengals 20 – Rams 13.
- [Q3, 13:55] After Ben Skowronek watches a pass bounce off of his hands for a Bengals interception, the line shifts in Cincy’s favor for the first time. It’s now sitting at CIN -3.0. Bengals 17- Rams 13.
- [Q3, 14:48] The Bengals open the third quarter with a bang. Jalen Ramsey falls down and Burrow takes advantage, finding Tee Higgins for his second TD of the game. This one a 75-yard score. The spread drops to LAR -1.0 with Ramsey looking for an OPI call. Bengals 17 – Rams 13.
- [Halftime] The interception doesn’t lead to anything, as a costly taunting penalty forces the Bengals to start from their own 10. LA will head to halftime with a three-point lead. The Rams are 3.5-point favorites, with the total sitting at 47.0. Rams 13 – Bengals 10.
- [Q2, 2:00] Following an injury to OBJ, the Rams take a shot on on 3rd-and-14. Stafford sends Van Jefferson into the endzone, but his throw comes up short and is picked off by Jessie Bates. Cincy takes over following the two-minute warning. The spread sits at LAR -3.0 with the total at 49.5. Rams 13 – Bengals 10.
- [Q2, 5:47] Burrow leads a methodical drive down the field that ends with a little razzle dazzle. Joe Mixon tosses a short touchdown pass to Tee Higgins, and the Bengals convert their PAT to cut it to a three-point game. That brings the spread down to LAR -5.5, with the total sitting at 53.5. Rams 13 – Bengals 10.
- [Q2, 12:51] After big gains through the air to OBJ and Darrell Henderson, Stafford finds Cooper Kupp wide open in the end zone. The Offensive Player of the Year catches Stafford’s second TD of the game. LA’s point after attempt is a mess, leaving the Rams as 9.5-point favorites. Rams 13 – Bengals 3.
- [End of First Quarter]: After the opening quarter, the spread has dropped a little more to LAR -6.5. The total sits at 47, with the Rams at -300. Rams 7 – Bengals 3.
- [Q1, 00:28] Joe Burrow brings the Bengals right back with a massive completion to Ja’Marr Chase that immediately gets Cincy into the red zone. A batted pass, and two incompletions forces them to settle for a field goal. The total drops to 47.5 and the spread to LAR -7.0. Rams 7 – Bengals 3.
- [Q1, 6:22] The Rams turn the turnover on downs into points, coming away with seven thanks to a dart from Matthew Stafford to Odell Beckham Jr. LA is now favored by 9.5, as the total gets a little nudge to 49. Rams 7 – Bengals 0.
- [Q1, 9:57] After the Bengals won the toss and deferred, LA’s first drive takes three minutes and stalls out at midfield. Cincinnati makes a bold move going for it on 4th-and-1 at midfield, and LA’s defense comes up big. The total slid as low as 44 but is back to 46.5. The defensive stop boosts the Rams to -5.5.
Super Bowl 56 Pregame Updates
- 6:00 PM EST: DraftKings has aligned with FanDuel, moving the spread to -4.5 in favor of the Rams ahead of kickoff. Outright, LA sticks at -190, while the total will likely head into the game at 48.5.
- 3:30 PM EST: We’re seeing the Super Bowl odds shifting in Los Angeles’ favor ahead of kickoff, but it’s a slight adjustment. For the game, DraftKings still carries the Rams at -190, and FanDuel has them at -205. The spread on FanDuel is up to -4.5.
- 8:30 AM EST: Sunday morning’s odds are consistent with Saturday night’s, as DraftKings lists LA as-190 favorites with the Rams favored by 4.0. The total still sits at 48.5.
Super Bowl 56 Updates
- Saturday, February 12th: The night before Super Bowl 56 sees the Rams listed as -4.0 favorites on DraftKings and FanDuel. Things remain unchanged as far as the total goes, sitting at 48.5; DraftKings lists the Rams at -190 outright, while FanDuel has them at -205
- Thursday, February 10th: We’ve started to see some separation with the books. MGM is the first to drop the spread to Rams -3.5 after it carried through most of the week at 4.5. Most books have adjusted accordingly, bringing it down to Rams -4.0.
- Monday, February 7th: As Super Bowl week begins, the Rams remain in control of the game lines, sitting at -200 outright and the spread holding strong at -4.5. The total remains at 48.5.
- Friday, February 4th: Five days later and the spread has bumped up to Rams -4.5. The total is trending downward however, as it dropped to 48.5
- Sunday, January 30th: The Super Bowl lines officially open following the Bengals knocking off the Chiefs and the Rams shutting down the 49ers. LA is -3.5 favorites (-110) and -190 outright. The total is set at an even 50.
See the Rest of our Super Bowl 56 Content: