2021 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Odds Tracker
- Get the latest odds to win the NFL’s 2021 Offensive Rookie of the Year award
- Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence is the clear favorite to win NFL OROY
- Track each player’s odds throughout the 2021 NFL season
We’re tracking 2021 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year odds from the time they open, through the 2021-2022 NFL season, and right up until the award is handed out. The graphs below were generated by averaging the odds from our top sportsbooks.
Top NFL OROY Contenders
|Promo: Up to $1,050 Free!||bet now|
|Promo: $1,000 Risk-Free Bet||bet now|
|Promo: $600 Risk-Free Bet||bet now|
- [June 14] Kyle Pitts’ NFL OROY odds have improved from an average of +1125 to +975, thanks to the Falcons shipping Julio Jones to the Titans. As a result, Pitts will be a top-two option in Atlanta for Matt Ryan. Najee Harris has also seen his odds improve, and is now as short as +500 at DraftKings. You can still find the Steelers running back as long as +1400 at PointsBet, though.
- [May 3] With Bill Belichick announcing that it’s still Cam Newton’s team in New England, Mac Jones’ NFL OROY odds continue to fade, landing at +1075. On the other hand, Trey Sermon and Michael Carter both saw their odds improve thanks to being drafted into great opportunities. Sermon benefits from being drafted by Kyle Shanahan’s 49ers, where every running back has success. Carter enters a Jets backfield that looks like a wide open contest for the starting role.
- [April 30] With the 49ers taking Trey Lance third-overall, the quarterback saw his NFL OROY odds improve from +1100 to +663, the third-best odds among all rookies. Jaylen Waddle also saw his Offensive Rookie of the Year odds improve after being selected sixth-overall by the Miami Dolphins. Waddle went from +2000 to +1575, the ninth-best odds on the board. Mac Jones had the fourth-best odds at +750 entering NFL Draft night, but fell to +913 odds when his name wasn’t called by San Francisco, but New England at 15. Travis Etienne was another player whose NFL OROY odds were harmed by the team he went to, as the Clemson RB is going to be in a crowded backfield with James Robinson and Carlos Hyde in Jacksonville. Etienne went from +1700 to as long as +2500 at DraftKings.
- [April 21] Trevor Lawrence, who is projected to be taken first overall by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the 2021 NFL Draft, has opened as the clear favorite to win the 2021 NFL OROY award. Justin Fields, who is battling with Mac Jones to be taken third overall by the 49ers, has the second-best odds. Kyle Pitts, a tight end from Florida, has the best odds among non-quarterbacks.
Odds to Win 2021 NFL OROY
|Player||Pos||Team||Odds to win 2021 NFL OROY at DraftKings|
|Terrace Marshall Jr||WR||CAR||+5000|
*Odds as of June 14
Offensive Rookie of the Year Trends
Here are some recent trends to know before betting on the award:
- Justin Herbert (2020), Kyler Murray (2019), and Dak Prescott (2016) are the only QBs to win the award in the last eight years
- RBs have won the award in two of the last four seasons and in four of the last eight seasons
- Kyler Murray and Cam Newton (2011) are the only first-overall picks to win the award in the last ten years
- Dan Marino is the only QB to win OROY with less than 12 starts in his rookie season
- The award has gone to a player from the NFC in 13 of the last 14 seasons – Vince Young in 2006 is the last AFC player to win it prior to Herbert in 2020
- The Vikings have the most OROY winners with five; there are nine teams who have never had an OROY winner: Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers, and Seattle Seahawks
- No TE or offensive lineman has ever won the award
Past NFL OROY Winners
|2014||Odell Beckham Jr|
|2012||Robert Griffin III|
Top Contenders at Each Position
Trevor Lawrence is extremely likely to start at QB in Week 1 for the Jacksonville Jaguars, as is Zach Wilson for the New York Jets. But whoever is drafted by the 49ers at no. 3 might still have to compete with Jimmy Garoppolo. The QB passed on by the 49ers, and Trey Lance, are likely set for camp battles to start for their respective teams.
OROY Winners by Position
|Position||Number of NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Award Winners|
Top Contenders by Draft Round
Among the 54 Offensive Rookie of the Year award winners, 39 of them were drafted in the first-round of the NFL Draft, and 47 of them were drafted in the first two rounds.
Mike Anderson (RB) of the Denver Broncos is the player selected latest in the draft to win the honors – Anderson was selected 189th overall in 2000.
- Nine of the 11 QBs to win the award were drafted in the first-round
- 24 of the 34 RBs to win the award were drafted in the first-round
- Six of the nine WRs to win OROY were drafted in the first-round – Anquan Boldin in 2003 was the last non-first-round WR to win the award
Here are the 15 players selected outside of the first-round who have won the award:
OROY Winners Who Weren’t Drafted in 1st Round
|Player||Position||Draft Pos.||Draft Year|
|Dennis Shaw||QB||2nd-rd (30th overall)||1970|
|Sammy White||WR||2nd-rd (54th overall)||1976|
|Carl Pickens||WR||2nd-rd (31st overall)||1992|
|Anthony Thomas||RB||2nd-rd (38th overall)||2001|
|Clinton Portis||RB||2nd-rd (51st overall)||2002|
|Anquan Boldin||WR||2nd-rd (54th overall)||2003|
|Eddie Lacy||RB||2nd-rd (61st overall)||2013|
|Rueben Mayes||RB||3rd-rd (57th overall)||1986|
|Curtis Martin||RB||3rd-rd (74th overall)||1995|
|Alvin Kamara||RB||3rd-rd (67th overall)||2017|
|Troy Stradford||RB||4th-rd (99th overall)||1987|
|Dak Prescott||QB||4th-rd (135th overall)||2016|
|Mike Thomas||RB||5th-rd (108th overall)||1975|
|Don Woods||RB||6th-rd (134th overall)||1974|
|Mike Anderson||RB||6th-rd (189th overall)||2000|