2018 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Odds Tracker
- View the odds available for all rookies individually, or in comparison to similar players
- Track how the Offensive Rookie of the Year odds fluctuate throughout the 2018 NFL season
- Saquon Barkley has been named 2018 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year
The 2018 NFL Draft was one of the most highly-anticipated drafts in recent memory, and it certainly lived up to the hype.
For the first time since 1999, five quarterbacks were selected in the first-round. And continuing to make history, it was the first time a running back was selected in the first two picks since 2006. But only one of these highly-touted rookies will be named the 2018 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year.
The last two rookies to take home the OROY honors were drafted in the third (Alvin Kamara) and fourth (Dak Prescott) rounds, respectively. But we’ve got a battle between the first and second overall pick this season, with a winner being announced Saturday, February 2nd at the 2019 NFL Honors, scheduled to start at 9pm EST.
See how Baker Mayfield and Saquon Barkley’s (along with all other contenders) odds to win Offensive Rookie of the Year fluctuated this season at our most trusted betting sites all season.
Top NFL OROY Contenders
*During the NFL regular season, most online sports betting sites don’t open their NFL OROY odds until Wednesday morning, and they close again when the Thursday night game kicks off. So your window to make a wager is rather tight.
Considering he is set to be a workhorse in New York from Day 1, second-overall pick Saquon Barkley opens with the shortest odds to win the 2018 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Award.
Odds to Win 2018 NFL OROY at BetOnline
|Player||Pos||Team||Odds to win 2018 NFL OROY at BetOnline (01/21/19)|
*Follow the link in the table for more options
- (02/02/19) Saquon Barkley has been named 2018 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year
- (01/21/19) Money continues coming in on Barkley, making him again the heavy favorite
- (01/07/19) Barkley and Mayfield have flip-flopped again, in spite of neither playing Wild Card Weekend
- (12/26/18) Mayfield has overtaken Barkley as the OROY favorite entering Week 17
- (12/19/18) A win in Denver over the Broncos in Week 15 has lifted Mayfield’s odds; but he still trails Barkley by a wide margin
- (12/12/18) Saquon Barkley appears to have the award wrapped up as a heavy -850 favorite
- (11/07/18) How much have rookie QBs struggled this season? Enough that an offensive lineman is now receiving odds to win OROY …
- (10/31/18) With the rookie QBs struggling, Saquon Barkley has established himself as the clear cut favorite for OROY with -260 average odds.
- (8/22/18) Sam Darnold’s average odds to win 2018 OROY go from +1500 to +590 after two strong preseason games to start his NFL career.
Offensive Rookie of the Year Trends
Here are some recent trends to know before betting on the award:
- Dak Prescott (2016) is the only QB to win the award in the last five years
- RBs have won the award in three of the last five seasons
- The last time five QBs were drafted in the first-round (1999), a RB won OROY – Edgerrin James
- The last time a RB was selected with the top two picks (2006), a QB won OROY – Vince Young
- Since 2006, only one RB drafted in the top 7 picks has won OROY – Adrian Peterson in 2007
Top Contenders at Each Position
In spite of TE Hayden Hurst being drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the first-round of the 2018 NFL Draft, it’s fitting that odds are not available for him since no position other than quarterback, running back, or wide receiver has ever won Offensive Rookie of the Year.
- Dan Marino is the only QB to win OROY with less than 12 starts in his rookie season
- The OROY award has not gone to a running back in consecutive years since 2001-2002
|Position||No. of NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Award Winners|
Top Contenders in Each Division
One crazy trend to consider here: the NFC has won 11 straight NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Awards. The last time the AFC won it was Vince Young (Tennessee) in 2006. Here are the franchises with the most OROY award winners.
|Team||Number of OROY Award Winners|
|Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans||3|
|Los Angeles/St Louis Rams||3|
|New England Patriots||3|
|New Orleans Saints||3|
On the other hand, there are nine teams who have never had an Offensive Rookie of the Year Award winner:
|Teams Without an Offensive Rookie of the Year Award Winner|
|Kansas City Chiefs|
|New York Jets|
|San Francisco 49ers|
Top Contenders by Draft Round
Among the 51 Offensive Rookie of the Year award winners, 36 of them were drafted in the first-round of the NFL Draft, and 44 of them were drafted in the first two rounds. Mike Anderson (RB) of the Denver Broncos is the player selected latest in the draft to win the honors – Anderson was selected 189th overall in 2000.
- Seven of the nine QBs to win the award were drafted in the first-round
- 23 of the 33 RBs to win the award were drafted in the first-round
- Six of the nine WRs to win OROY were drafted in the first-round – Anquan Boldin in 2003 was the last non-first-round WR to win the award
Here are the 15 players selected outside of the first-round who have won the award:
|Player||Position||Draft Pos.||Draft Year|
|Dennis Shaw||QB||2nd-rd (30th overall)||1970|
|Sammy White||WR||2nd-rd (54th overall)||1976|
|Carl Pickens||WR||2nd-rd (31st overall)||1992|
|Anthony Thomas||RB||2nd-rd (38th overall)||2001|
|Clinton Portis||RB||2nd-rd (51st overall)||2002|
|Anquan Boldin||WR||2nd-rd (54th overall)||2003|
|Eddie Lacy||RB||2nd-rd (61st overall)||2013|
|Rueben Mayes||RB||3rd-rd (57th overall)||1986|
|Curtis Martin||RB||3rd-rd (74th overall)||1995|
|Alvin Kamara||RB||3rd-rd (67th overall)||2017|
|Troy Stradford||RB||4th-rd (99th overall)||1987|
|Dak Prescott||QB||4th-rd (135th overall)||2016|
|Mike Thomas||RB||5th-rd (108th overall)||1975|
|Don Woods||RB||6th-rd (134th overall)||1974|
|Mike Anderson||RB||6th-rd (189th overall)||2000|
Looking for 2018 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Odds?