2021 NHL Calder Trophy Odds Tracker
- Which rookies are expected to challenge for the Calder Trophy in 2021?
- Rangers’ goaltender Igor Shesterkin opens as the favorite to win the 2021 Calder Trophy
- Track which players trending up and which are trending down over the course of the 2020-21 NHL campaign
In the graphs below, find the odds for all of the top rookies to capture the 2021 Calder Trophy, and track how they fluctuate over the course of the season, as players either exceed or fall short of expectations.
Odds for 2021 Calder Trophy: Top Contenders
- [Nov 16]: New York Rangers’ Igor Shesterkin opens as the favorite at +175. First overall pick, and Shesterkin’s teammate, Alexis Lafreniere opened at +375 to win the 2021 Calder Trophy
Calder Trophy Odds
|Igor Shesterkin (Rangers)||+175|
|Alexis Lafreniere (Rangers)||+375|
|Kirill Kaprizov (Wild)||+400|
|Grigori Denisenko (Panthers)||+1000|
|Quinton Byfield (Kings)||+1200|
|Alex Turcotte (Kings)||+1400|
|Bowen Byram (Avalanche)||+1500|
|Evan Bouchard (Oilers)||+1800|
|Tim Stuetzle (Senators)||+1800|
|Ilya Sorokin (Islanders)||+2500|
Odds taken Nov. 16
Notable Calder Trophy Trends
- A forward has won the award in eight of the last 10 years now, with defensemen Aaron Ekblad (2015) and Cale Makar (2020) the only non-forwards to win.
- No goalies have won the Calder since Steve Mason (Columbus) in 2009.
- No team has produced back-to-back Rookies of the Year since the 68-69 Bruins (Bobby Orr & Derek Sanderson).
Past Calder Trophy Winners
|2020||Cale Makar (D, Avalanche)|
|2019||Elias Pettersson (F, Canucks)|
|2018||Mathew Barzal (F, Islander)|
|2017||Auston Matthews (F, Leafs)|
|2016||Artemi Panarin (F, Blackhawks)|
|2015||Aaron Ekblad (D, Panthers)|
|2014||Nathan MacKinnon (F, Avalanche)|
|2013||Jonathan Huberdeau (F, Panthers)|
|2012||Gabriel Landeskog (F, Avalanche)|
|2011||Jeff Skinner (F, Hurricanes)|
Archived Calder Trophy Odds: 2020