2022 NHL Calder Trophy Odds Tracker
- Which rookies are expected to challenge for the Calder Trophy in 2022?
- Canadiens’ Cole Caufield is the current favorite to win the 2022 Calder Trophy
- Track which players trending up and which are trending down over the course of the 2021-22 NHL campaign
In the graphs below, find the odds for all of the top rookie skaters and goaltenders to capture the 2022 Calder Trophy, and track how they fluctuate over the course of the season, as players either exceed or fall short of expectations.
Get ready for Canada online sportsbooks, with Montreal’s Cole Caufield as the opening favorite in the Calder Trophy odds.
Odds for Top Calder Trophy Contenders
Calder Trophy Odds
|Cole Caufield (Canadiens)||+400|
|Trevor Zegras (Ducks)||+550|
|Spencer Knight (Panthers)||+800|
|Lucas Raymond (Red Wings)||+1000|
|Moritz Seider (Red Wings)||+1000|
|Jeremy Swayman (Bruins)||+1200|
|Alex Nedeljkovic (Red Wings)||+1600|
|Michael Bunting (Leafs)||+1800|
|Bowen Byram (Avalanche)||+1800|
|Jamie Drysdale (Ducks)||+2500|
|Vasily Podkolzin (Canucks)||+2500|
|Nils Lundkvist (Rangers)||+2500|
|Jonathan Dahlen (Sharks)||+2500|
|Anton Lundell (Panthers)||+2500|
|Dawson Mercer (Devils)||+2500|
|William Eklund (Sharks)||+3000|
|Vladimir Tkachev (Kings)||+3000|
|Alex Newhook (Avalanche)||+3500|
|Arthur Kaliyev (Kings)||+4000|
|Hendrix Lapierre (Capitals)||+4000|
|Peyton Krebs (Golden Knights)||+4000|
|Marco Rossi (Wild)||+4000|
|Cole Perfetti (Jets)||+4000|
|Seth Jarvis (Hurricanes)||+4500|
|Shane Pinto (Senators)||+5000|
Odds as of October 22nd
- [Oct 22]: A little more than a week into the season and Cole Caufield’s average odds have increased from +300 to +375. Meanwhile, Raymond’s odds continue to improve from +1250 to +950 with three points in four games.
- [Oct 13]: After Quinton Byfield fractured his foot in the NHL preseason, his odds to win the Calder lengthened to +6000. Detroit’s Lucas Raymond’s average odds have shrunk from +2950 to +1250 after being one of the most bet on rookies to win the award at most sportsbooks.
- [Sep 29]: Montreal Canadiens forward Cole Caufield is favored at +300 to win the 2022 Calder Trophy. Other notable favorites are the Ducks’ Trevor Zegras at +500 and Panthers’ Spencer Knight at +1000.
- A forward has won the Rookie of the Year nine of the last 11 years now, with defensemen Aaron Ekblad (2015) and Cale Makar (2020) the only non-forwards to win.
- No goalies have won the Calder since Steve Mason (Columbus) in 2009.
- No team has produced back-to-back Rookie of the Year winners since the 68-69 Bruins (Bobby Orr & Derek Sanderson).
Past 10 Calder Trophy Winners
|2021||Kirill Kaprizov (F, Wild)|
|2020||Cale Makar (D, Avalanche)|
|2019||Elias Pettersson (F, Canucks)|
|2018||Mathew Barzal (F, Islander)|
|2017||Auston Matthews (F, Leafs)|
|2016||Artemi Panarin (F, Blackhawks)|
|2015||Aaron Ekblad (D, Panthers)|
|2014||Nathan MacKinnon (F, Avalanche)|
|2013||Jonathan Huberdeau (F, Panthers)|
|2012||Gabriel Landeskog (F, Avalanche)|