2024 NHL Calder Trophy Odds Tracker
- Which rookies are expected to challenge for the Calder Trophy in 2023-2024?
- Chicago Blackhawks forward Connor Bedard is the heavy favorite to win the 2024 Calder Trophy
- Track which rookies are trending up and which are trending down during the 2023-24 NHL campaign
The Calder Trophy is presented annually to the NHL rookie who is deemed to be the most proficient among first-year players. To be eligible for the Calder, a player cannot have played more than 25 games in any single preceding professional season.
Chicago Blackhawks fans have something to cheer for this season, as their prized rookie phenom Connor Bedard is currently the Calder Trophy favorite. Canada online sportsbooks also have Calder Trophy odds available; the top rookie on a Canadian team this year is Toronto’s Matthew Knies at +3250.
We’ll be tracking the Calder Trophy odds for the NHL’s best rookies at online sportsbooks all season long. Check the graphs below to see the odds for the top NHL rookies and how they fluctuate throughout the season.
Odds for Top Calder Trophy Contenders
Chicago Blackhawks forward Connor Bedard is the heavy -280 favorite in the 2024 Calder Trophy odds, meaning he has 74% implied win probability. No other rookie has better average odds than +800 (11.1% implied chance).
Calder Trophy Odds
|Connor Bedard (Blackhawks)||-280|
|Logan Cooley (Coyotes)||+850|
|Luke Hughes (Devils)||+1800|
|Adam Fantilli (Blue Jackets)||+2500|
|Leo Carlsson (Ducks)||+2500|
|Pavel Mintyukov (Ducks)||+3000|
|Matthew Knies (Maple Leafs)||+4000|
|Joseph Woll (Maple Leafs)||+4000|
|Marco Rossi (Wild)||+4000|
|Devon Levi (Sabres)||+7000|
|Matthew Poitras (Bruins)||+7000|
|Bobby Brink (Flyers)||+7500|
|Luke Evangelista (Predators)||+7500|
|Lukas Dostal (Ducks)||+7500|
|Shane Wright (Kraken)||+10000|
|Marco Kasper (Red Wings)||+10000|
|David Jiricek (Blue Jackets)||+10000|
|Jesper Wallstedt (Wild)||+10000|
|Dustin Wolf (Flames)||+10000|
Odds as of November 25th at FanDuel Sportsbook.
- [Nov 15]: Bedard is now a heavy -280 favorite in the Calder odds after recording back-to-back multi-goal games. He leads all NHL rookies with nine goals in 13 contests.
- [Nov 3] Yotes rookie Logan Cooley is getting love from one particular sportsbook after his impressive start to the season. With eight points in 10 GP, FanDuel has shortened Cooley’s Calder odds to +440, although DK still lists him at +750.
- [Sept 1]: Bedard’s odds have lengthened to -130 as more sportsbooks have opened their Calder markets. While no other rookie is gaining serious traction in the odds at the moment, this shift implies sportsbooks don’t view Bedard as a lock for the award.
- [July 26]: Chicago Blackhawks rookie phenom Connor Bedard has opened as the heavy -155 favorite to win the 2024 Calder Trophy at DraftKings. Devils’ defenseman Luke Hughes has the next-best odds at +500, while Sabres’ goalie Devon Levi (+900) rounds out the top-three favorites.
Notable Calder Trends
- A forward has won NHL Rookie of the Year in 10 of the past 13 years, including in 2022-23 when Seattle’s Matty Beniers took home the award.
- No goalie had won the Calder since Steve Mason (Columbus) in 2009; goalies often take longer to develop in the NHL than skaters.
- No team has produced back-to-back Rookie of the Year winners since the 68-69 Bruins (Bobby Orr & Derek Sanderson).
Past 10 Calder Trophy Winners
|2023||Matty Beniers (F, Kraken)|
|2022||Moritz Seider (D, Red Wings)|
|2021||Kirill Kaprizov (F, Wild)|
|2020||Cale Makar (D, Avalanche)|
|2019||Elias Pettersson (F, Canucks)|
|2018||Mathew Barzal (F, Islander)|
|2017||Auston Matthews (F, Leafs)|
|2016||Artemi Panarin (F, Blackhawks)|
|2015||Aaron Ekblad (D, Panthers)|
|2014||Nathan MacKinnon (F, Avalanche)|