2021 NHL Calder Trophy Odds Tracker
- Which rookies are expected to challenge for the Calder Trophy in 2021?
- Wild’s Kirill Kaprizov is the current favorite to win the 2021 Calder Trophy
- Track which players trending up and which are trending down over the course of the 2020-21 NHL campaign
In the graphs below, find the odds for all of the top rookies to capture the 2021 Calder Trophy, and track how they fluctuate over the course of the season, as players either exceed or fall short of expectations.
Odds for Top Calder Trophy Contenders
Calder Trophy Odds
|Kirill Kaprizov (Wild)||+250|
|Ty Smith (Devils)||+550|
|Kevin Lankinen (Blackhawks)||+550|
|Tim Stuetzle (Senators)||+750|
|Alexander Romanov (Canadiens)||+850|
|Nils Hoglander (Canucks)||+850|
|Philipp Kurashev (Blackhawks)||+1000|
|Pius Suter (Blackhawks)||+1000|
|Josh Norris (Senators)||+1500|
|Alexis Lafreniere (Rangers)||+1500|
|Vitek Vanecek (Capitals)||+1500|
|Ilya Sorokin (Islanders)||+2000|
|Dylan Cozens (Sabres)||+2300|
|Igor Shesterkin (Rangers)||+2600|
|Bowen Byram (Avalanche)||+4500|
|Connor McMichael (Capitals)||+4500|
|Evan Bouchard (Oilers)||+4500|
|Grigori Denisenko (Panthers)||+4500|
|Quinton Byfield (Kings)||+4500|
|Trevor Zegras (Ducks)||+4500|
|Gabriel Vilardi (Kings)||+4500|
|Jake Bean (Hurricanes)||+9500|
|Kiefer Bellows (Islanders)||+9500|
|Liam Foudy (Blue Jackets)||+9500|
|Morgan Frost (Flyers)||+9500|
|Moritz Seider (Red Wings)||+9500|
|Nick Robertson (Leafs)||+9500|
Odds as of Feb. 22
- [Feb 22]: While Kirill Kaprizov continues to lead the Calder Trophy race at +245 average odds. However, Blackhawks goaltender Kevin Lankinen has seen his average odds drop from +1000 to +575. Lankinen has a 2.43 GAA, .927 SV%, and seven wins this season.
- [Feb 4]: Devils’ Ty Smith has seen his average odds shorten significantly from the start of the season. Smith has two goals and eight points in nine games and has seen his average odds drop from +2250 to +500.
- [Jan 18]: Minnesota Wild’s Kirill Kaprizov is the new favorite with +200 average odds after winning the NHL’s First Star of the Week with one goal and three assists in two games. Canucks’ Nils Hoglander, Sharks’ John Leonard, and Devils’ Yegor Sharangovich are all in the Top 5 after solid opening games.
- [Jan 8]: Los Angeles Kings’ Gabriel Vilardi has squeaked into the Top 5 seeing his average odds go from +3500 to +1467.
- [Nov 16]: New York Rangers’ Igor Shesterkin opens as the favorite at +175. First overall pick, and Shesterkin’s teammate, Alexis Lafreniere opened at +375 to win the 2021 Calder Trophy.
Notable Calder Trophy Trends
- A forward has won the award in eight of the last 10 years now, with defensemen Aaron Ekblad (2015) and Cale Makar (2020) the only non-forwards to win.
- No goalies have won the Calder since Steve Mason (Columbus) in 2009.
- No team has produced back-to-back Rookies of the Year since the 68-69 Bruins (Bobby Orr & Derek Sanderson).
Past Calder Trophy Winners
|2020||Cale Makar (D, Avalanche)|
|2019||Elias Pettersson (F, Canucks)|
|2018||Mathew Barzal (F, Islander)|
|2017||Auston Matthews (F, Leafs)|
|2016||Artemi Panarin (F, Blackhawks)|
|2015||Aaron Ekblad (D, Panthers)|
|2014||Nathan MacKinnon (F, Avalanche)|
|2013||Jonathan Huberdeau (F, Panthers)|
|2012||Gabriel Landeskog (F, Avalanche)|
|2011||Jeff Skinner (F, Hurricanes)|
Archived Calder Trophy Odds: 2020