2022 Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy Odds Tracker
- Which sniper is going to lead the NHL in goals this season?
- Connor McDavid is the current favorite to win the 2022 Rocket Richard Trophy
- Track the Richard Trophy futures from opening night right up to the start of the playoffs
The graphs below set out the odds to win the 2022 Rocket Richard Trophy at leading sportsbooks, from the preseason onward. Auston Matthews won the 2021 Rocket Richard Trophy, and he was the favorite in the opening odds for 2022.
Canada online sports bettors will have plenty of betting options to choose from with Connor McDavid jumping in front of Auston Matthews as the favorite to win the Rocket Richard trophy early in the season.
Odds for Top Rocket Richard Trophy Contenders
2022 Rocket Richard Trophy Odds
|Connor McDavid (Oilers)||+350|
|Alex Ovechkin (Capitals)||+500|
|Auston Matthews (Leafs)||+550|
|Leon Draisaitl (Oilers)||+600|
|David Pastrnak (Bruins)||+1200|
|Kyle Connor (Jets)||+1800|
|Mikko Rantanen (Avalanche)||+2000|
|Steven Stamkos (Lightning)||+2500|
|Mike Zibanejad (Rangers)||+2500|
|Sebastian Aho (Hurricanes)||+2500|
|Patrice Bergeron (Bruins)||+3000|
|Nikolaj Ehlers (Jets)||+3000|
|Nathan MacKinnon (Avalanche)||+3000|
|Kirill Kaprizov (Wild)||+3000|
|Brad Marchand (Bruins)||+3000|
|Alex Debrincat (Blackhawks)||+3000|
|Aleksander Barkov (Panthers)||+3000|
|Brayden Point (Lightning)||+3000|
|Mark Scheifele (Jets)||+3500|
|Artemi Panarin (Rangers)||+3500|
Odds as of November 3rd, 2021
- [Nov 3]: Connor McDavid is now the favorite to win the 2022 Rocket Richard. McDavid has seven goals, but the second betting favorite in Alex Ovechkin has nine goals on the season.
- [Sep 29]: Auston Matthews has opened as the favorite to win the 2022 Rocket Richard trophy. Nine-time winner, Alex Ovechkin has opened at +1000 odds to win.
Notable Trophy Trends
- Only two players have scored 49 or more goals in a season since 2012: Alex Ovechkin (five times) and Leon Draisaitl (once).
- No player from the Western Conference has won the Rocket Richard Trophy since Corey Perry (then with the Ducks) in 2010-11.
- The youngest players to ever win the Rocket Richard Trophy (which was established in 1998-99) are Rick Nash (2003-04) and Steven Stamkos (2011-12), both at the tender age of 19.
- Alex Ovechkin has won nine Rocket Richard Trophy’s in his career. He has won three in a row, and seven of the last eight.
10 Past Rocket Richard Winners
|2020||Alex Ovechkin & David Pastrnak||48|
*Denotes Shortened Season
Keep up with all the NHL awards futures with SBD’s myriad odds trackers: