2021 Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy Odds Tracker
- Which sniper is going to lead the NHL in goals this season?
- Auston Matthews is the odds-on favorite to win the 2021 Rocket Richard Trophy
- Track the Richard Trophy futures from opening night right up to the start of the playoffs
The graphs below set out the odds to win the 2021 Rocket Richard Trophy at leading sportsbooks, from the preseason onward.
Odds for Top Rocket Richard Trophy Contenders
- [Feb 24]: Auston Matthews is now the odds-on favorite to win the Rocket Richard Trophy. Matthews’ average odds have shrunk from +225 to -159 as he boasts 18 goals through 19 games.
- [Feb 8]: Tyler Toffoli’s odds have shortened to +1300 after starting the season with nine goals in 12 GP. Eight of Toffoli’s goals have come against the Vancouver Canucks, which is his former team.
- [Jan 26]: Tied for the league-lead in goals (5), Mikko Rantanen’s average odds have shortened from +3733 to +1950.
- [Jan 7]: With under a week before the 2021 NHL season starts, Auston Matthews has emerged as the new favorite at +400 average odds
- [Dec 15]: Alex Ovechkin opens as a +500 favorite to win the 2021 Maurice Richard Trophy. Last year’s co-winner with Ovechkin, David Pastrnak, finds himself at +900 odds
2021 Rocket Richard Trophy Odds
|Auston Matthews (Leafs)||-167|
|Connor McDavid (Oilers)||+900|
|David Pastrnak (Bruins)||+1100|
|Leon Draisaitl (Oilers)||+1150|
|Brock Boeser (Canucks)||+2000|
|Tyler Toffoli (Canadiens)||+2200|
|Steven Stamkos (Lightning)||+2300|
|Brad Marchand (Bruins)||+2500|
|Mark Scheifele (Jets)||+2500|
|Joe Pavelski (Stars)||+2500|
|Alex Ovechkin (Capitals)||+2700|
|Patrice Bergeron (Bruins)||+3000|
|Kyle Connor (Jets)||+3000|
|Alex DeBrincat (Blackhawks)||+3000|
|Nikolaj Ehlers (Jets)||+3200|
|Josh Anderson (Canadiens)||+3500|
|Johnny Gaudreau (Flames)||+3500|
|Logan Couture (Sharks)||+3500|
|Patrick Kane (Blackhawks)||+3500|
|Brayden Schenn (Blues)||+3700|
Odds taken Feb. 24, 2021
Notable Rocket Richard Trophy Trends
- Only two players have scored 49 or more goals in a season since 2012: Alex Ovechkin (five times) and Leon Draisaitl (once).
- No player from the Western Conference has won the Richard Trophy since Corey Perry (then with the Ducks) in 2010-11.
- The youngest players to ever win the Rocket Richard Trophy (which was established in 1998-99) are Rick Nash (2003-04) and Steven Stamkos (2011-12), both at the tender age of 19.
- Alex Ovechkin has won nine Maurice Richard Trophy’s in his career. He has won three in a row, and seven of the last eight.
10 Past Rocket Richard Winners
|2020||Alex Ovechkin & David Pastrnak||48|
*Denotes Lockout Season – Only 48 Games Played
Keep up with all the NHL awards futures with SBD’s myriad odds trackers:
Archived Stanley Cup Odds: 2020