2023 Art Ross Trophy Odds Tracker
Updated October 11, 2022 | Author: Brady Trettenero
- [Sep 26]: Connor McDavid has opened as the repeat favorite to win the 2023 Art Ross Trophy at +130. McDavid’s teammate, Leon Draisaitl, is the second choice at +600, while Colorado’s Nathan MacKinnon rounds out the top three at +650.
Art Ross Trophy Odds
|Connor McDavid (Oilers)||+130|
|Leon Draisaitl (Oilers)||+600|
|Nathan MacKinnon (Avalanche)||+650|
|Auston Matthews (Leafs)||+800|
|Nikita Kucherov (Lightning)||+1000|
|Artemi Panarin (Rangers)||+1800|
|Mikko Rantanen (Avalanche)||+2000|
|Jonathan Huberdeau (Flames)||+2200|
|Kirill Kaprizov (Wild)||+2200|
|Mitch Marner (Maple Leafs)||+2200|
|Johhny Gaudreau (Blue Jackets)||+3000|
|Cale Makar (Avalanche)||+4000|
|Sebastian Aho (Hurricanes)||+5000|
|Sidney Crosby (Penguins)||+5000|
|Patrick Kane (Blackhawks)||+5000|
|Brayden Point (Lightning)||+5000|
|Kyle Connor (Jets)||+5000|
|Matthew Tkachuk (Panthers)||+5000|
|Aleksander Barkov (Panthers)||+6000|
|Steven Stamkos (Lightning)||+6500|
Odds as of September 26, 2022.
Notable Art Ross Trends
- Connor McDavid is the only NHL player to win multiple Art Ross trophies this decade, (2017, 2018, 2021 & 2022). McDavid is a generational talent and the consensus best NHL player.
- A single player racking up multiple Art Ross trophies isn’t uncommon. For two decades, from 1980-2001, only three players won the Art Ross (Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr).
- Only one player over age 30 has led the NHL in points since 1997. Martin St. Louis won the Art Ross Trophy with Tampa Bay at age 37 in 2012-13.
- St. Louis’ win came in a 48-game shortened season, however, which is further evidence the Art Ross has become a sub-30 award. The NHL is played at a speed now that favors younger players.
10 Past Art Ross Trophy Winners
|2013*||Martin St. Louis||60|
*Denotes Shortened Season
The average age of the Art Ross winner in the last 10 years is 27.8. Sidney Crosby is the youngest NHL player to win the Art Ross. He captured his first NHL scoring title at just 19 years of age in 2007.
Players with Multiple Art Ross Trophies
|Wayne Gretzky||10||1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1990, 1991, 1994|
|Gordie Howe||6||1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1957, 1963|
|Mario Lemieux||6||1988, 1989, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997|
|Phil Esposito||5||1969, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974|
|Jaromir Jagr||5||1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001|
|Connor McDavid||4||2017, 2018, 2021, 2022|
|Stan Mikita||4||1964, 1965, 1967, 1968|
|Bobby Hull||3||1960, 1962, 1966|
|Guy Lafleur||3||1976, 1977, 1978|
|Sidney Crosby||2||2007, 2014|
|Bernie Geoffrion||2||1955, 1961|
|Evgeni Malkin||2||2009, 2012|
|Dickie Moore||2||1958, 1959|
|Bobby Orr||2||1970, 1975|
|Martin St. Louis||2||2004, 2013|
Connor McDavid, Sidney Crosby, and Evgeni Malkin are the only active NHL players with multiple Art Ross trophies.
Keep up with all the NHL awards futures with SBD’s myriad odds trackers:
- Calder Trophy odds
- Hart Trophy odds
- Norris Trophy odds
- Rocket Richard Trophy odds
- Vezina Trophy odds