2021 Art Ross Trophy Odds Tracker
- [Feb 24]: Patrick Kane continues to carry the Blackhawks through this rocky season. Kane has tallied eight points in his last three games as his average odds shortened from +1900 to +1175.
- [Feb 8]: Washington Capitals forward Nicklas Backstrom’s average odds have dropped from +8100 to +2000. Backstrom has six goals and 17 points in 12 games this season.
- [Jan 26]: With 10 points in seven games, Leafs’ Mitch Marner has seen his average odds shrink from +1833 to +1050.
- [Jan 6]: Lightning forward Nikita Kucherov has fallen out of the race for the Art Ross Trophy as he will miss the regular-season after undergoing hip surgery. Brayden Point has seen his average odds jump +5000 to +1900 with Kucherov out for the season.
- [Dec 15]: Connor McDavid has opened as the favorite to win the 2021 Art Ross Trophy at +275. McDavid’s teammate, and last year’s winner, Leon Draisaitl has opened as the second favorite with +500 odds.
Art Ross Trophy Odds
|Connor McDavid (Oilers)||-225|
|Leon Draisaitl (Oilers)||+400|
|Mitch Marner (Leafs)||+900|
|Auston Matthews (Leafs)||+1400|
|Patrick Kane (Blackhawks)||+1500|
|Mark Scheifele (Jets)||+2300|
|Nathan MacKinnon (Avalanche)||+2700|
|Brad Marchand (Bruins)||+3000|
|Jonathan Huberdeau (Panthers)||+3200|
|Patrice Bergeron (Bruins)||+3500|
|Nicklas Backstrom (Capitals)||+4000|
|Anze Kopitar (Kings)||+4000|
|David Pastrnak (Bruins)||+4000|
|Kyle Connor (Jets)||+5000|
|Quinn Hughes (Canucks)||+5000|
|Aleksander Barkov (Panthers)||+6000|
|Nikolaj Ehlers (Jets)||+6000|
|Johnny Gaudreau (Flames)||+6000|
|Artemi Panarin (Rangers)||+6000|
|Brayden Point (Lightning)||+6000|
Odds taken Feb 24th, 2021
Notable Art Ross Trophy Trophy Trends
- Variety is the name of the game these days. Only one player has won multiple Art Ross trophies in the last decade (McDavid, 2016-17 & 2017-18).
- That hasn’t always been the case. For just over 30 years (from 1980-2001), only three players won the Art Ross (Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr).
- Only one player over age 30 has led the NHL in points since 1997. In 2012-13, Martin St. Louis won at age 37. But that only adds more credence to the notion that the Art Ross is a sub-30 award as the 2012-13 season was strike-shortened. St. Louis’ aging body only had to play 48 games.
10 Past Art Ross Trophy Winners
|2013*||Martin St. Louis||60|
*Denotes Lockout Season – Only 48 Games Played
Keep up with all the NHL awards futures with SBD’s myriad odds trackers:
- Calder Trophy odds
- Hart Trophy odds
- Norris Trophy odds
- Rocket Richard Trophy odds
- Vezina Trophy odds
Archived Stanley Cup Odds: 2020