Are you the type to begin and end each day scrolling through the latest entertainment news? The first to offer an opinion on the latest celebrity gossip or political developments at your local watering hole?
Read on if you want to combine your passion with a high-impact, fast-moving writing role.
Sports Betting Dime (SBD) has served as a sports betting portal for beginners, enthusiasts, and everyone in between since 2012. We started writing about our experiences with online gambling sites after realizing that sports bettors lacked a way to evaluate which sportsbooks deserved their business. And so, our reviews were born.
In the years since, we’ve grown into a multi-faceted platform for all things sports betting. Our site covers a huge range of content, including real-time odds analysis, trends, reports, and trackers, as well as up-to-date game information for all major leagues.
Of course, we also cover the world of entertainment!
If you’re passionate about the world of entertainment and eager to dive into the world of sports and entertainment odds, we want to talk. We’re looking for a regular contributor who takes the same pride in producing unique and engaging content as we do!
Please note: This is a paid contract position, we do not accept guest posts or article submissions.
- Several years writing experience
- In-depth knowledge of all things entertainment (music, movies, TV, celeb gossip, politics, etc)
- Strong research skills
- Reporting/journalism background or experience
- Awareness of journalistic ethics
- Basic understanding of sports betting (e.g. the difference between the “spread” and the “moneyline”; how to convert odds to probability)
- Basic understanding of WordPress
- Good understanding of SEO Principles
- BA in Journalism, Communications, English, or a related discipline
- Post-secondary work in statistics and/or a strong understanding of probability
- Experience with social media platforms (Twitter and Facebook, in particular) and social aggregation sites (such as Reddit)
- Contacts in sports and/or the media
If interested, please send us your resume and a cover letter, as well as writing samples: email@example.com