How to Deposit Using PayPal Betting Sites
PayPal is one of the most convenient ways to manage online payments. With billions of dollars wagered every year at sports betting sites, it’s the perfect service for online sportsbooks.
Most sports betting sites accept PayPal for deposits and withdrawals, but they all do it a little bit differently.
Let’s get into the specific details for betting sites that accept PayPal, along with how to deposit and withdraw funds on each of them.
PayPal Betting Sites: Sportsbooks That Accept PayPal
Major sportsbooks like DraftKings and FanDuel offer PayPal for managing payments and payouts. You’ll need your own PayPal account before you can complete any transactions, but chances are you already have one.
PayPal betting sites can be found in most places where sports betting is legal. As more states legalize sports gambling, PayPal should support these regions and allow fans to make deposits with ease.
Betting sites don’t charge any additional fees for using PayPal, and you can load your PayPal account using your bank account, credit, or debit card. Simply put, it’s the best way to make deposits through online sportsbooks.
Here’s a list of the major PayPal betting sites and links to each of them:
|Betting Site||PayPal Accepted?||Get Started|
|William Hill||Yes||Deposit Now|
|Golden Nugget||Yes||Deposit Now|
|FOX Bet||Yes||Deposit Now|
DraftKings added PayPal to its list of accepted payment options in 2018. PayPal has a reputation for quickly facilitating transactions through DraftKings.
If you don’t have a PayPal account, follow this process until you reach the PayPal portal. From there, you can create an account and continue with the deposit process.
- Log in to your DraftKings account
- Navigate to the “Deposit” page on DraftKings under the drop-down menu
- Select PayPal as your payment method
- Enter your PayPal credentials
- Confirm the transaction to load up your virtual wallet
DraftKings has a minimum deposit requirement of $5 and a maximum deposit limit of $2000. These figures may vary depending on rules and regulations in the local jurisdiction.
You can request an increase to your deposit limits if need be.
- Make your way to the “Withdraw” section under the drop-down menu
- Enter the amount you want to take out
- DraftKings will first refund any deposits made in the last 90 days
- This refundable deposit will be returned to the original deposit source
- Select how the rest of your winnings will be delivered, either by PayPal or by check
We recommend sticking with PayPal to withdraw all of your winnings. There is a minimum $5 fee for requesting a check.
DraftKings requires users to submit a W-9 form as part of their compliance and identity verification process. They will issue additional tax forms if necessary.
PayPal is accepted at FanDuel, but it works a little bit differently. FanDuel’s online sportsbook is available in Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and West Virginia.
If you want to use PayPal on FanDuel, you need to have your bank account linked to your PayPal account as the preferred payment method. You can link your bank account through the “Wallet” tab on PayPal’s website, and you can set your preferred payment option from the same page.
- Log in to FanDuel
- Click the “Add Funds” button
- Select PayPal as your deposit method
- Choose how much you want to deposit
- Click the “Deposit” button below the PayPal logo
- Complete the transaction on the PayPal portal
- Your funds will be available instantly on FanDuel
Note that you must use PayPal to deposit funds on FanDuel if you want to use it as a withdrawal method.
- Click on the same button you used to deposit on the FanDuel homepage
- Select the withdrawal option, and choose how much you want to take out
- You can withdraw winnings on FanDuel through PayPal, online banking, or by check
- We recommend using PayPal to complete the transaction
It usually takes 48 hours to see your money go through, but you might be waiting up to 72 hours if traffic is high on FanDuel.
William Hill accepts PayPal for deposits and withdrawals in jurisdictions where sports betting is legal and available.
- Log in to your William Hill account
- Find the “Deposit” menu
- Select PayPal from the list of payment options
- You’ll be redirected to the PayPal portal to enter your login information
- You can use a connected bank account or pre-existing balance on PayPal for the deposit
- After you complete the transaction on PayPal, your deposit will be available immediately
William Hill has a $5,500 limit when depositing through PayPal.
Using PayPal for withdrawals at William Hill is just as easy as making a deposit.
- Select the “Balance” icon at the top of the William Hill website
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw
- Complete the transaction through the PayPal portal
Withdrawals must go through the same PayPal account used to make your initial deposit. William Hill has a $20 minimum and $5000 maximum withdrawal limit.
Payments are processed within 72 hours, but William Hill says it usually happens much sooner.
888sport happily accepts PayPal deposits and withdrawals, provided you’re in a region that has legal sports betting. Please note that 888sport has a separate app for users in New Jersey.
- Log in to your account on 888sport
- Select the “Deposit” option from their cashier
- Choose PayPal as your payment method
- Log in to PayPal and approve the transaction
- Your funds should be available within 10 minutes
888Sport does not charge any fees for deposits made through PayPal. The minimum deposit requirement on 888sport is $10.
Withdrawing funds through PayPal on 888sport isn’t much different from other betting sites.
- Find the “Cashier” tab on 888sport
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw
- Log in to PayPal
- Hit the submit button and your transaction will begin processing
888sport says it takes them three to four days to process withdrawals through PayPal.
BetMGM takes bets from anyone located in Colorado, Indiana, Nevada, New Jersey, Tennessee, and West Virginia. All these states have legal sports betting, so PayPal can be used for deposits and withdrawals.
A pre-loaded PayPal account or a PayPal account linked with your bank information can be used to make deposits at BetMGM. You can fund your PayPal account through your bank account, debit, or credit card.
- Log in to your BetMGM account
- Find the “Cashier” tab
- Select “Deposit” and click on the PayPal icon
- Enter the amount you want to deposit and complete the transaction through PayPal
There are no fees to deposit through PayPal at BetMGM, and your funds will be available in 10 to 20 seconds.
You can withdraw funds through PayPal at BetMGM, but you need to have made a deposit with your PayPal account within the last six months.
A unique feature of using PayPal at BetMGM is the ability to withdraw to PayPal even if you deposited funds with a different payment method. No matter how you deposited money into your bankroll, you can access your winnings through PayPal.
Casino giant Caesars Entertainment has online sportsbooks available in Indiana, New Jersey, Nevada, and Pennsylvania, and you can use PayPal to deposit funds while betting in any of these states.
- Start by logging on to your CaesarsOnline account
- Click the “My Account” button on the homepage and select “Deposit”
- Select PayPal as your payment option
- Enter the amount you want to deposit and click “Continue”
You’ll be asked to enter the email address associated with your PayPal account. Be sure to use a personal PayPal account, as Caesars won’t accept deposits from PayPal Premier or PayPal Business accounts.
If you enter a different email address than the one used on your PayPal account, your deposit will not go through. Only one PayPal account can be used per customer when depositing funds to Caesars.
From there, you’ll be directed to the PayPal portal. Caesars requires you to link PayPal to your bank account as the preferred payment method. You can’t deposit funds on Caesars through PayPal using a debit or credit card.
Once you’ve completed the transaction on PayPal, the funds will be added to your Caesars Sportsbook account immediately.
You can only withdraw funds to PayPal on Caesars if you’ve made a deposit through the same PayPal account.
- Click on “My Account” and select “Cashier”
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw and click “Continue”
Caesars has a $10 minimum withdrawal requirement, and it takes them an average of three business days to process withdrawals through PayPal.
Golden Nugget has operated sportsbooks in Atlantic City and Las Vegas for many years, but they’ve also moved online as sports betting becomes legal in more states.
Like most other major betting sites, Golden Nugget accepts PayPal for deposits in states that have legalized sports betting.
- Log in to your Golden Nugget account, or sign up if you haven’t created one already
- Find the “Cashier” page through the “My Account” menu
- Add your PayPal account as a new payment method
- Follow the on-screen prompt that brings you through the PayPal portal
- Decide how much you want to deposit
Confirm your deposit and your funds should be available on Golden Nugget within seconds.
Fans can use a pre-loaded PayPal account to deposit with Golden Nugget. If you haven’t already loaded up these funds, go to the PayPal website, click on the “Wallet” tab and select a payment method.
You can load up your PayPal account using a bank account, debit, or credit card. Golden Nugget has a $10 minimum transaction requirement and maximum transaction limit of $1,500.
Collecting your winnings on Golden Nugget works the same way as making a deposit.
- Go to the “Cashier” page
- Select PayPal as the withdrawal method
- Choose the amount before confirming the transaction
Golden Nugget asks that you wait 48 hours for withdrawals to be completed.
BetRivers has eight different methods to choose from for making deposits, but PayPal is the best choice.
Making a deposit on BetRivers through PayPal is simple and effective.
- Find the “Deposit” menu
- Confirm the transaction on PayPal
- Your funds will be available instantly
Note that you will not be able to withdraw any bonus funds until you’ve met the terms and conditions of BetRivers’ deposit match.
BetRivers usually takes 24 hours to process your withdrawal request.
FOX Bet is available in Colorado, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. PayPal can be used for deposits and withdrawals in any of these three states.
Only one PayPal account can be used per customer when depositing funds on FOX Bet. They recommend pre-loading your PayPal account with funds before making a deposit.
- Log in to your account on FOX Bet
- Click on the “Cashier” menu and hit the “Deposit” tab
- Choose PayPal as your deposit method
- This will take you to the PayPal portal where you can complete the transaction
Withdrawals made on FOX Bet automatically go back to the source you used for the deposit. In this case, your winnings would automatically go back into PayPal once you’ve made the request.
- Log in to FOX Bet
- Click on the “Cashier” button, and select “Withdraw”
- Select how much you want to withdraw and hit “Submit”
Withdraws made through PayPal on FOX Bet are processed much faster than other betting sites. Payments are usually processed and delivered in under an hour, so FOX Bet is a great choice if you want your winnings quickly.
PointsBet is available in Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and New Jersey. PayPal is the best choice for depositing and withdrawing funds through PointsBet.
Before you can make a deposit on PointsBet, you need to link your bank account as the preferred payment method on PayPal. You cannot make a deposit on PointsBet using a credit or debit card through PayPal.
Head over to the PayPal website and click the “Wallet” tab. Add your bank account if it’s not there already and set it as your preferred payment method on the same window.
- Log in to your PointsBet account
- Navigate to the “Deposits” feature under the drop-down menu on PointsBet
- Decide how much you want to deposit and click the yellow PayPal button
- Enter your PayPal information on their portal and complete the transaction
Your funds should be available immediately on PointsBet once the transaction is completed.
If you haven’t made a deposit through PayPal on PointsBet, you won’t be able to withdraw funds to your PayPal account. Make sure you’ve made a deposit through PayPal before trying to withdraw from them.
- Find “Withdraw” under the drop-down menu
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw
- Click the yellow PayPal button and fill in your PayPal information
- Confirm the account you want to withdraw to
- Enter your PointsBet account password and complete the withdrawal request
Processing PayPal withdrawals on PointsBet takes an average of one to two business days.
Advantages of Using PayPal for Sports Betting
As one of the easiest and most trusted ways to exchange money online, there’s lot of reasons to use PayPal at sports betting sites.
PayPal utilizes a geo-location feature that ensures deposits and withdrawals are made without any issues. This feature identifies a user’s location when completing transactions, which is important for authorizing payments in legal sports betting jurisdictions.
PayPal is trusted around the world by people looking to send and receive money. You can rest assured you won’t have any security or privacy issues while using PayPal on sports betting sites.
For full details on where your information goes while using PayPal, check out their privacy statement.
Another great feature of PayPal is the ability to transfer funds from other eWallets. Moving money from another service like Neteller to PayPal is simple if you have the same bank account connected to both platforms.
Just follow these simple steps to transfer funds from another eWallet to PayPal:
- Send money from another eWallet (i.e Neteller) to your bank account
- Access your wallet on PayPal
- Select the “Transfer Money” feature
- Select your bank account and send the money to PayPal
Note that other eWallets like Neteller might charge a fee for transferring funds to or from a bank account. Neteller has a bank transfer fee of $10 USD.
Using PayPal for withdrawals is equally easy. There are no fees for withdrawing from PayPal directly to your bank account. You will be charged $5 if you request a check for your withdrawal.
Other Factors Worth Considering
Here are some other factors you should be aware of while using PayPal on betting sites.
PayPal has a $20 minimum withdrawal requirement, so you’ll need to stack a few $5 bills before you can collect your lunch money.
There are daily, weekly, monthly, and individual transaction withdrawal limits on PayPal. These limits vary by currency, but it’s typically $10,000 per transaction.
You don’t have to worry about these limits unless you’re a high roller.
Processing times for PayPal deposits and withdrawals depend on a variety of factors. Each betting site has different processing times, and high levels of online traffic can impact the speed of your transaction.
You won’t encounter many fees while using PayPal. This is one of the main reasons PayPal is so popular in the world of sports betting.
Because PayPal uses a geo-location feature to keep your transactions within legal sports betting jurisdictions, the only toll you might be charged are domestic transfer fees.
PayPal has a 2.9% transfer fee for domestic transactions sent through to your debit or credit cards, plus a $0.30 fixed fee in the US. There is no fee for sending domestic transactions through your bank account on PayPal.
This domestic transfer fee does not apply when depositing money on sports betting sites. It only applies if you move money from PayPal to a debit or credit card.
There are no fees for receiving domestic transactions on PayPal as long as you aren’t converting any currency. For full details, see the fees page on PayPal’s website.
The Bottom Line
With so many online sports betting sites competing for your business, there’s no shortage of options. Sports Betting Dime is here to help you make informed decisions and find the best fit for you.
Our extensive set of guides on sports betting bonuses will help you ensure you don’t leave money on the table.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.