How to Deposit Using PayPal Betting Sites
PayPal is one of the most convenient ways to manage online payments. With billions of dollars wagered every year at sports betting sites, it’s the perfect service for online sportsbooks.
Most sports betting sites accept PayPal for deposits and withdrawals, but they all do it a little bit differently. In 2023, many new customers and returning ones seek out PayPal as a great instant deposit alternative to traditional credit cards such as Visa and Mastercard. It’s a fast and efficient way to fund your personal account at the best sportsbooks so you can start wagering on the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, and more with total ease.
Let’s get into the specific details for the best PayPal betting sites, along with how to deposit and withdraw funds on each of them.
PayPal Betting Sites: Sportsbooks That Accept PayPal
Major sportsbooks like DraftKings and FanDuel offer PayPal for managing payments and payouts. You’ll need your own PayPal account before you can complete any transactions and cash out, but chances are you already have one.
PayPal sportsbooks can be found in most places where sports betting is legal. As more states legalize sports gambling, PayPal should support these regions and allow sports bettors to make deposits with ease.
Betting sites don’t charge any additional fees for using PayPal, and you can load your PayPal account using your bank account, credit, or debit card. Simply put, it’s the best deposit option available via online sportsbooks and online casinos.
It’s always important to make sure you read over what T&Cs apply when claiming any welcome bonus before you make your first deposit and first bet using PayPal. Different online gambling sites may have slightly different terms when it comes to their PayPal deposits and withdrawals.
Here’s a list of the top PayPal betting sites and links to each of them:
|Betting Site||PayPal Accepted?||Get Started|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||Yes||Deposit Now|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||Yes||Deposit Now|
|Caesars Sportsbook||Yes||Deposit Now|
DraftKings added PayPal to its list of accepted payment options in 2018. PayPal has a reputation for quickly facilitating transactions through the online sportsbook and the DraftKings promo code is available in many different states.
If you don’t have a PayPal account, follow this process until you reach the PayPal portal. From there, you can create an account and continue with the deposit process.
- Log in to your DraftKings sports betting account via the online betting site or mobile app
- Navigate to the “Deposit” page on DraftKings under the drop-down menu
- Select PayPal as your payment method
- Enter your PayPal credentials
- Confirm the transaction to load up your virtual wallet
DraftKings has a minimum deposit requirement of $5 and a maximum deposit limit of $2000. These figures may vary depending on rules and regulations in the local jurisdiction.
You can request an increase to your deposit limits if need be.
- Make your way to the “Withdraw” section under the drop-down menu
- Enter the amount you want to take out
- DraftKings will first refund any deposits made in the last 90 days
- This refundable deposit will be returned to the original deposit source
- Select how the rest of your winnings will be delivered, either by PayPal or by check
We recommend sticking with PayPal to withdraw all of your winnings. There is a minimum $5 fee for requesting a check.
DraftKings requires users to submit a W-9 form as part of their compliance and identity verification process. They will issue additional tax forms if necessary.
PayPal is accepted at FanDuel, but it works a little bit differently. The FanDuel online sportsbook and FanDuel promo code is available in a number of different states including Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.
If you want to use PayPal on FanDuel, you need to have your bank account linked to your PayPal account as the preferred payment method. You can link your bank account through the “Wallet” tab on PayPal’s website, and you can set your preferred payment option from the same page.
- Log in to FanDuel via the online betting site or mobile app
- Click the “Add Funds” button
- Select PayPal as your deposit method
- Choose how much you want to deposit
- Click the “Deposit” button below the PayPal logo
- Complete the transaction on the PayPal portal
- Your funds will be available instantly on FanDuel
Note that you must use PayPal to deposit funds on FanDuel if you want to use it as a withdrawal method.
- Click on the same button you used to deposit on the FanDuel homepage
- Select the withdrawal option, and choose how much you want to take out
- You can withdraw winnings on FanDuel through PayPal, online banking, or by check
- We recommend using PayPal to complete the transaction
It usually takes 48 hours to see your money go through, but you might be waiting up to 72 hours if traffic is high on FanDuel.
Bet365 accepts PayPal for deposits and withdrawals in jurisdictions where sports betting is legal and available. The Bet365 bonus code is now available in Colorado, Iowa, New Jersey, Ohio, Virginia.
- Log in to your Bet365 account via the online betting site or mobile app
- Click on “Deposit” and select PayPal from the list of payment options
- You’ll be redirected to the PayPal website to enter your login information
- Confirm your payment in the PayPal portal
- Your deposit will be instantly credited to your Bet365 account
Using PayPal for withdrawals at Bet365 is just as easy as making a deposit.
- Go to the “Account Menu”
- Select “Bank” and then select “Withdraw”
- You can choose to withdraw via your PayPal account
- Funds will be credited to you within 24 hours
BetMGM takes bets from anyone located in Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and more. All these states have legal sports betting, so PayPal can be used for deposits and withdrawals while claiming the top BetMGM promo code.
A pre-loaded PayPal account or a PayPal account linked with your bank information can be used to make deposits at BetMGM. You can fund your PayPal account through your bank account, debit, or credit card.
- Log in to your BetMGM account via the online betting site or mobile app
- Find the “Cashier” tab
- Select “Deposit” and click on the PayPal icon
- Enter the amount you want to deposit and complete the transaction through PayPal
There are no fees to deposit through PayPal at BetMGM, and your funds will be available in 10 to 20 seconds.
You can withdraw funds through PayPal at BetMGM, but you need to have made a deposit with your PayPal account within the last six months.
A unique feature of using PayPal at BetMGM is the ability to withdraw to PayPal even if you deposited funds with a different payment method. No matter how you deposited money into your bankroll, you can access your winnings through PayPal.
Casino giant Caesars Entertainment has online sportsbooks available in many states and you can use PayPal to deposit funds while betting with the Caesars Sportsbook promo code.
- Start by logging on to your CaesarsOnline account via the online betting site or mobile app
- Click the “My Account” button on the homepage and select “Deposit”
- Select PayPal as your payment option
- Enter the amount you want to deposit and click “Continue”
You’ll be asked to enter the email address associated with your PayPal account. Be sure to use a personal PayPal account, as Caesars won’t accept deposits from PayPal Premier or PayPal Business accounts.
If you enter a different email address than the one used on your PayPal account, your deposit will not go through. Only one PayPal account can be used per customer when depositing funds to Caesars.
From there, you’ll be directed to the PayPal portal. Caesars requires you to link PayPal to your bank account as the preferred payment method. You can’t deposit funds on Caesars through PayPal using a debit or credit card.
Once you’ve completed the transaction on PayPal, the funds will be added to your Caesars Sportsbook account immediately.
You can only withdraw funds to PayPal on Caesars if you’ve made a deposit through the same PayPal account.
- Click on “My Account” and select “Cashier”
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw and click “Continue”
Caesars has a $10 minimum withdrawal requirement, and it takes them an average of three business days to process withdrawals through PayPal.
WynnBET is available in a number of different states including Arizona, Massachusetts, and New York. You can use PayPal while taking advantage of the WynnBET promo code that unlocks a welcome offer for bonus bet credits.
- Open your WynnBET profile
- Click on ‘Deposit’
- Select PayPal as your preferred deposit method
- Select the amount you want to deposit into your WynnBET account
- Sign into your PayPal account
- Confirm deposit
You should ensure that your PayPal account is linked to your primary bank account as your preferred payment method. The PayPal app is also a great way to confirm any deposit details.
- Have previously deposited with PayPal to withdraw using PayPal
- Go to your WynnBET profile
- Click on ‘withdraw’
- Select PayPal as the withdrawal method
- Select the amount you wish to withdraw from your WynnBET account
- Verify the email address associated with your PayPal account
Once your request is reviewed and approved, you should receive your withdrawal in roughly 3-5 business days. That said, many customers can expect the withdrawal to be processed the same day when approved.
BetRivers has eight different methods to choose from for making deposits, but PayPal is the best choice.
Making a deposit on BetRivers through PayPal is simple and effective.
- Find the “Deposit” menu
- Confirm the transaction on PayPal
- Your funds will be available instantly
Note that you will not be able to withdraw any bonus funds until you’ve met the terms and conditions of BetRivers’ deposit match.
BetRivers usually takes 24 hours to process your withdrawal request.
PointsBet is available in Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and New Jersey. PayPal is the best choice for depositing and withdrawing funds through PointsBet.
Before you can make a deposit on PointsBet, you need to link your bank account as the preferred payment method on PayPal. You cannot make a deposit on PointsBet using a credit or debit card through PayPal.
Head over to the PayPal website and click the “Wallet” tab. Add your bank account if it’s not there already and set it as your preferred payment method on the same window.
- Log in to your PointsBet account via the online betting site or mobile app
- Navigate to the “Deposits” feature under the drop-down menu on PointsBet
- Decide how much you want to deposit and click the yellow PayPal button
- Enter your PayPal information on their portal and complete the transaction
Your funds should be available immediately on PointsBet once the transaction is completed.
If you haven’t made a deposit through PayPal on PointsBet, you won’t be able to withdraw funds to your PayPal account. Make sure you’ve made a deposit through PayPal before trying to withdraw from them.
- Find “Withdraw” under the drop-down menu
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw
- Click the yellow PayPal button and fill in your PayPal information
- Confirm the account you want to withdraw to
- Enter your PointsBet account password and complete the withdrawal request
Processing PayPal withdrawals on PointsBet takes an average of one to two business days.
Advantages of Using PayPal for Sports Betting
As one of the easiest and most trusted ways to exchange money online, there’s lot of reasons to use PayPal at sports betting sites.
PayPal utilizes a geo-location feature that ensures deposits and withdrawals are made without any issues. This feature identifies a user’s location when completing transactions, which is important for authorizing payments in legal sports betting jurisdictions.
PayPal is trusted around the world by people looking to send and receive money. You can rest assured you won’t have any security or privacy issues while using PayPal on sports betting sites.
For full details on where your information goes while using PayPal, check out their privacy statement.
Another great feature of PayPal is the ability to transfer funds from other eWallets. Moving money from another service like Neteller to PayPal is simple if you have the same bank account connected to both platforms.
Just follow these simple steps to transfer funds from another eWallet to PayPal:
- Send money from another eWallet (i.e Neteller) to your bank account
- Access your wallet on PayPal
- Select the “Transfer Money” feature
- Select your bank account and send the money to PayPal
Note that other eWallets like Neteller might charge a fee for transferring funds to or from a bank account. Neteller has a bank transfer fee of $10 USD.
Using PayPal for withdrawals is equally easy. There are no fees for withdrawing from PayPal directly to your bank account. You will be charged $5 if you request a check for your withdrawal.
Other Factors Worth Considering
Here are some other factors you should be aware of while using PayPal on betting sites.
PayPal has a $20 minimum withdrawal requirement, so you’ll need to stack a few $5 bills before you can collect your lunch money.
There are daily, weekly, monthly, and individual transaction withdrawal limits on PayPal. These limits vary by currency, but it’s typically $10,000 per transaction.
You don’t have to worry about these limits unless you’re a high roller.
Processing times for PayPal deposits and withdrawals depend on a variety of factors. Each betting site has different processing times, and high levels of online traffic can impact the speed of your transaction.
You won’t encounter many fees while using PayPal. This is one of the main reasons PayPal is so popular in the world of sports betting.
Because PayPal uses a geo-location feature to keep your transactions within legal sports betting jurisdictions, the only toll you might be charged are domestic transfer fees.
PayPal has a 2.9% transfer fee for domestic transactions sent through to your debit or credit cards, plus a $0.30 fixed fee in the US. There is no fee for sending domestic transactions through your bank account on PayPal.
This domestic transfer fee does not apply when depositing money on sports betting sites. It only applies if you move money from PayPal to a debit or credit card.
There are no fees for receiving domestic transactions on PayPal as long as you aren’t converting any currency. For full details, see the fees page on PayPal’s website.
PayPal Betting Sites FAQs
Looking for more information about PayPal betting sites? We’ve got you covered.
Can I use PayPal for betting on sports and casino games?
Yes, most major online sportsbooks and online casinos will let you use PayPal as a deposit and withdrawal method so you can bet on sports and casino games.
How do I find trusted PayPal betting sites?
This page contains a list of trusted PayPal betting sites that our team has personally used and verified.
Are PayPal betting sites safe and secure?
Absolutely. In fact, PayPal betting sites are some of the most safe and secure types of betting sites in the industry.
What are the advantages of using PayPal for online betting?
Some of the advantages of using PayPal for online betting include very fast deposits and withdrawals, increased security, and great customer support.
Are there any fees associated with PayPal betting transactions?
Generally speaking, there are no fees associated with PayPal betting.
How can I deposit and withdraw funds from PayPal betting sites?
Most online sportsbooks will have deposit and withdrawal options via PayPal built in within their website or mobile app so you can easily access your funds.
Can I claim bonuses and promotions when using PayPal for betting?
Yes. PayPal can be used the same way as other deposit and withdrawal methods when it comes to claiming bonuses and promotions.
The Bottom Line
With so many online sports betting sites competing for your business, there’s no shortage of options. Sports Betting Dime is here to help you make informed decisions and find the best fit for you.
Our extensive set of guides on sports betting bonuses will help you ensure you don’t leave money on the table.
Let's have fun and keep it civil.